• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony reveals "PSP Signature Series"

Hmmm....Sony are releasing two new PSP designs:

image1qq2.jpg

image4rj9.jpg

The black one is Tukimi and the white ones called Kachofugetsu (anyone on here translate that?). You get a basic PSP pack for 31,500 Yen (about £145.00) which includes a funky looking stand.

I know Nintendo do this whole LE thing all the time but doesn't this make Sony appear a little desperate? Especially with the current "PSP getting trounced all over the place by the DS" situation?

image3xl4.jpg

image2sm1.jpg

Official hype

Those things were shown off when they unveiled the PSP at E3 years ago. Next up is that white GT PSP...Which is probably really far away. :/

Surreal

Looks hawt though. Nintendo taking every game that'll sell more than 1,000 copies and releasing a DS Lite version of it, at least let Sony release two. =P

Amir0x

Banned
replicashooter said:
I know Nintendo do this whole LE thing all the time but doesn't this make Sony appear a little desperate? Especially with the current "PSP getting trounced all over the place by the DS" situation?

this topic seems a bit desperate to interpret something into bad PSP news, is what. I guess that's called attention whoring in some countries.

Andy787

Banned
I like the white one.

cvxfreak said:
I want one of those stands.
Me too. :(

replicashooter said:
:/

The thread title is pretty funny, and then the quick jab at the PSP vs. DS sales in the post.

BREAKING NEWS: Special Edition versions of consoles means that the console is doing VERY BADLY.

:lol

Synthesizer Patel said:
Tsukimi = 月見 = moongazing
Kachoufuugetu = 花鳥風月 = nature's bounty (literally, "flowers birds wind moon")

Thanks

Amir0x said:
this topic seems a bit desperate to interpret something into bad PSP news, is what. I guess that's called attention whoring in some countries.

Anything is possible - As I said, Nintendo are famous for whoring their creations with loads and loads of LEs but at least theirs look nice.

These PSPs don't really have much extra going on in comparison to the standard ones.

This on the other hand, does :D

finalfantasydslite.jpg

That said, if they bought out something like this:

orleex2.jpg

I'd snap it up in an instant...

blindrocket said:
The thread title is pretty funny, and then the quick jab at the PSP vs. DS sales in the post.

BREAKING NEWS: Special Edition versions of consoles means that the console is doing VERY BADLY.

:lol

Heh, I haven't been able to post long but I've noticed that sensible titles garner little in the way of views and discussion :lol

Signatures Series strike again...well, at least this time, they won't charge you more than what a PS3 cost for a clock.

Should be limited quantities...very limited and probably just sold online in sony website or something like that.

Zaptruder

Banned
replicashooter said:

We don't need useless troll like interjections like these.

Amir0x

Banned
replicashooter said:
Anything is possible - As I said, Nintendo are famous for whoring their creations with loads and loads of LEs but at least theirs look nice.

Right, but, although these PSPs certainly are ugly what does that have to do with being desperate? PSP is doing fairly well, it's just not doing DS stratosphere level success. The release of these designs has no correlation to the status of the handheld wars. As you can see, some of these were revealed far before PSP even released.

replicashooter said:
These PSPs don't really have much extra going on in comparison to the standard ones.

Except a unique stand and design. Exactly like the DS, except... minus anything extra like the stand? I mean, I thought the FFIII DS looked much nicer than these PSPs but your argument is pretty flawed. It's just taste vs. taste, not anything to do with desperation.

Amir0x said:
Right, but, although these PSPs certainly are ugly what does that have to do with being desperate? PSP is doing fairly well, it's just not doing DS stratosphere level success. The release of these designs has no correlation to the status of the handheld wars. As you can see, some of these were revealed far before PSP even released.

True, I do agree with your viewpoint. Next time I will look at my "What Would Amir0x Do?" bracelet before posting.

Amir0x said:
Except a unique stand and design. Exactly like the DS, except... minus anything extra like the stand? I mean, I thought the FFIII DS looked much nicer than these PSPs but your argument is pretty flawed. It's just taste vs. taste, not anything to do with desperation.

True again, as much as I love the 3 amazing titles the PSP has it isn't my favourite console on the entire planet. As you said - its all about taste.

Just because you pour syrup on shit, doesn't make em pancakes...

Bartman3010 said:
Wouldnt people complain about the small D-pad?

Probably, but I'd rather have the dpad/analog discs alternated as I use it a hell of a lot more than the crappy Dpad.

What are those battery cases sitting next to the PSPs and why are they shown like that? Do these LE PSPs come with a stronger battery or something?

Amir0x

Banned
Naked Snake said:
What are those battery cases sitting next to the PSPs and why are they shown like that? Do these LE PSPs come with a stronger battery or something?

This is the stronger battery that released a while ago. It gives, er, 20% more life or something IIRC.

Link316

Banned
they should've just designed the PSP for changeable faceplates instead, it would've also provided a nice extra layer of protection for the screen

Top Bottom