• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

More screens of Lost Planet

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
1156573374.jpg

1156573373.jpg

1156573172.jpg

1156573171.jpg

1156572239.jpg

1156572238.jpg

1156572237.jpg

1156571571.jpg

1156571570.jpg

1156571355.jpg

1156571354.jpg

1156571175.jpg

1156569736.jpg

1156569735.jpg

1156569459.jpg

1156569197.jpg

1156568564.jpg

1156568392.jpg

1156568030.jpg

qcf x2

The game has Mothra! Do you get to play as the chick, too?

Capcom could sell me this game for $80, no shit.

Piper Az

persiannight said:
Looks on par with the Resistance models... can't wait for both games! Wish I could pre-order a PS3.... :(

Why the f*ck did you bring up Resistance and PS3 here? They have nothing to do with LP.

Did I commit a crime?? Jeez... Resistance looks awesome and so does this. Excuse me. Relax. Those new resistance models almost set a bar for what next gen models should look like and I'm happy to see 360 can attain the same quality. Touchy touchy subject huh?

Piper Az said:
Why the f*ck did you bring up Resistance and PS3 here? They have nothing to do with LP.

Seriously, what a ****ing idiot.

Lost Planet looks like the best thing since... well ... a long time. Probably has impressed me more than most if not all other next gen games.

You guys need some Kleenex?? Christ, you guys just jump all over anyone who dare make a comparison. Did I SAY ANYTHING BAD ABOUT RESISTANCE? NO!

jax (old)

Banned
why did persian night get banned for saying that? He can't wait for LP and he can't wait for resistance. There's way worse shit said in most threads and that gets someone banned here?

Doombringer brings up all sorts of other shit in every single game thread and he's still posting. (the warhawk+motorstorm thread was all sort of crazy)

Gherkin

Banned
This game has some amazing player animations, I love jummping, rolling etc. My favorite it right after you get pulled in on the grapple, that little last second pop up into the air, so great.

piper az and fallofmart: get a ****ing life, you tools. if what persiannight said deeply offended you in ways we'll never know, then it's time to leave the internet, step outside, and experience life outside of GAF. jesus, what a bunch of ****ing crybabies. he didn't even slam a game, he just brought up a comparision and you ****ing girls went apeshit. and who was the mod who banned persian? that's a rhetorical question, btw, since we all know it was mr. live and breathe GAF himself, amirox. you would do well to heed the aformentioned advice, too. utterly ridiculous.

In conclusion, these screenshots still look nice and Capcom still knows how to present shots of what the game will look like when you're actually playing it. Which is nice.

bigfurb

Jax said:
why did persian night get banned for saying that? He can't wait for LP and he can't wait for resistance. There's way worse shit said in most threads and that gets someone banned here?

Doombringer brings up all sorts of other shit in every single game thread and he's still posting. (the warhawk+motorstorm thread was all sort of crazy)
He got banned for that one harmless comparison? :lol :lol :lol Christ, if that's ban-worthy then there's quite a few folks here at GAF that need to be smacked with the banning stick

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
The trailer they released looks absolutely amazing. Lost Planet is only demo I still have saved on my 360's HD.

Gek54

GAF Rule #3452 - Never liken one game to another, especially if they are on different consoles.

What complete bullshit.

Gek54 said:
GAF Rule #3452 - Never liken one game to another, especially if they are on different consoles.

What complete bullshit.
Rule #1 - You don't make the rules. Rule #2 - avatars must be 90 x 120.

Zaptruder

Banned
persiannight said:
Looks on par with the Resistance models... can't wait for both games! Wish I could pre-order a PS3.... :(

Piper Az said:

persiannight said:
Did I commit a crime?? Jeez... Resistance looks awesome and so does this. Excuse me. Relax. Those new resistance models almost set a bar for what next gen models should look like and I'm happy to see 360 can attain the same quality. Touchy touchy subject huh?

That's just bad modding. Either the mod can't read, or... can't comprehend?

It's a shame that there's no real system of accountability; people are banned inconsistently, no one is really sure what is in and what is out, so you get a few posters making themselves into these forum celebrities based on their notoriety, while a few other posters can make innocuous comments like the above and get banned for it.

I really don't see how anyone can justify a ban based on those comments above... (unless of course, he wasn't banned for those comments). An equivalent comment would be to say: Colin Mcrae's is shaping up really nicely, looks on par with GT4... then getting banned for it.

It's like the mod kinda just saw 2 games for 2 seperate systems been compared and just assumed trolling was going on. Even though the reality is, other posters trolled the hell out of him, and then he got banned for it! It's like watching a bunch of school kids beat up on one kid; when that kid goes to retaliate, the teacher comes along and gives the kid been bullied a detention!

Holtz

The guy wasn't trolling in my opinion. He is excited for LP, and it very well might show up on the PS3. I don't see people getting banned on the Assassins Creed thread saying they will wait for the 360 version, or saying no reason to buy the PS3, even though none was announced. :lol

Incognito said:
piper az and fallofmart: get a ****ing life, you tools. if what persiannight said deeply offended you in ways we'll never know, then it's time to leave the internet, step outside, and experience life outside of GAF. jesus, what a bunch of ****ing crybabies. he didn't even slam a game, he just brought up a comparision and you ****ing girls went apeshit. and who was the mod who banned persian? that's a rhetorical question, btw, since we all know it was mr. live and breathe GAF himself, amirox. you would do well to heed the aformentioned advice, too. utterly ridiculous.

I love you too you hunk of a man!

Sounds like you take this place more seriously than me :-*

Piper Az

Incognito said:

You tell me how "wishing he could pre-order a PS3" has something to do with discussing pics of Lost Planet. He may not have trolled on purpose, and maybe he was just not aware of it. But that is no excuse for what he implied. It's like posting about KillZone's next-gen grafx standard and buying a PS3 in a hypothetical Halo 3 thread.

I was not calling for banning. I found what he posted pretty out of place. I was pointing out to him that his comments regarding Resistance and getting a PS3 were not relevant. If he really wanted to compare the two games, he should have posted some side-by-side pics with legitimate analysis and reasoning (on a new thread).

Drek

New impressive Lost Planet media is at this point as expected as Fox attacking every non-conservative they "interview".

Brilliant work by Capcom, this game never disapoints. I personally think GoW will be a more enjoyable game, but we've seen weak animations and frame rates from it before. Lost Planet has looked great since day one.

As for the later thread conversation, I can see how someone would compare Lost Planet to Resistance. Both are shooters (different perspectives sure, but still action oriented gaming), both are big upcoming games for their systems, and while many games on both platforms are up and down in quality, these two games never fail to impress. They're the two most reliable bets for truely next gen gaming in the upcoming holiday season.

Top Bottom