• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Biggest Loser USA Season 17: New Logo, New Host, Same Temptations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox318

635870199857770767.png

Meet this years Losers

5MBvfLX.jpg

Pictured: (l-r) Lauren Clark, Vicki Clark, Hope Williamson, Colby Wright, Luis Hernandez, Roberto Hernandez, Sarah Gilbert, Robert Kidney, Felicia Bufkin, Whitney Clay, Tonsheia Grandison, Britney Anderson, Erin Grace Willett, Richard Hatch, Jacquelyne Kmet, Stephen Kmet
2 former reality stars are mixed in with pairs

The show is back after ratings dropped nearly 30% last season and many concerns with how people are losing weight with potentially unhealthy ways to win the cash.

But lets face it... its still an entertaining show that encourages people to get in shape. Plus its crazy to see the end differences in appearance and health at the end.

The Host and trainers

UByYV6Y.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_fugcNi06A

Fox318

Lot of people would have taken the cash to go home.

10 k could probably get you a personal trainer for a year and then some.

Fox318

I'm liking some of the changes so far.

This might be good.

Hopefully it doesn't get too bad with the drama.

Fox318

I knew they would make a big deal with wearables.

Garmins on the show and fitbit ads during the breaks.

I mean they used to use the bodymedia stuff but those armbands never really caught on.

brerwolfe

They're also using Garmin cameras where they used to use GoPro cameras. Garmin must've put in a lot of cash for this season.

Nola

Rooting for Sarah! She's married to a friend of mine and did the hair and makeup for my wedding. A very sweet girl! :)

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
I'll watch, but i know the Black contestants will be voted off before this show can really help them lose weight. Trying to lose weight myself so hopefully this show helps motivate me.

dankir

This double scale thing is stupid as fuck. They presented it as a new big feature and it's still the same weighing process as before.

But Jenn is still fly as fuck!

jennifer-widerstrom.jpg

jennifer-widerstrom-350.jpg

netguy503

Bring back Jessie the trainer or we riot.

I also don't like how Bob hasn't been a trainer the past two seasons (well he sort of was last season). He's one of the ones that built the show.

brerwolfe

It's weird to me, I had no idea Richard was 6'4". His starting weight is what I weigh, I'm 6'7".

What makes it weird is that he's very clearly a large man, whereas I don't think I look anything like that. I mean, I'm a big dude, but I'm not sloppy fat or wildly out of shape. I've been exercising consistently since early November, and for the last four weeks I've been running 3 miles Monday/Wednesday/Friday, then on the weekends I kayak 5-7 miles.

Anyhow, when I weighed myself in early November I was 307. When I weighed myself last week I was 315. Color me confused (and pissed).

Fox318

2Nd week scales never fail to bring the drama.

Then again any normal person would be fucking estatic to lose 6 pounds in a week.

Nola

Wow thought
2 lbs
was low, then saw
Yikes. But at least
she didn't gain any
!

Nola

Absolutely. The producers know ahead of time who weighs what so they can pick an order that fits a narative.

For sure, but I mean in terms of pounds lost. Like the scale showing a lower number than what they actually lost.

Do you think it's fair that
the red team is blaming Dolvet for them doing poorly?
Seems like a cop out.

Fox318

For sure, but I mean in terms of pounds lost. Like the scale showing a lower number than what they actually lost.

Do you think it's fair that
the red team is blaming Dolvet for them doing poorly?
Seems like a cop out.
Honestly it's tough to tell. Most likely not his fault.

Fox318

Bob has a ton of crossfit equipment in his garage.

Also I don't know if having 50 plus year old obese women doing power cleans is a good idea.

brerwolfe

She didn't deserve the Growing Pound. Her biggest weight loss was the first week, then she gave up and started coasting for whatever reason. With as big as she is, her losses should be twice what they've been if she put in slightly more than minimal effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom