• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Ocean 5 new screenshots explaining Party Skills

raven777

Boxart by character artist Akiman
CYc32gUU0AAp5JE.jpg

-Party Skills: party skills are skills that you learn as party, and it will help you throughout the journey. There are skills that are automatically activated, and ones that you have to manually activate

some of the party skills

-Collecting:
tx9cgsA.jpg

It allows you to collect materials from the field. The material locations are shown on your minimap

-Excavating:
x9yzIVd.jpg

It allows you to excavate minerals from the field. The excavating locations are shown on your minimap

-Human knowledge:
HLgJAwg.jpg

when you defeat human enemy type in the battle, the chance of item drop increases

-Beast knowledge:
8H8M9d3.jpg

when you defeat beast enemy type in the battle, the chance of item drop increases

-Enemy Search:
gtLnG4L.jpg

shows the enemy locations on the minimap

-Treasure Search:
TnD1STN.jpg

shows the treasure locations on the minimap

-Emotion:
puhD1Bn.jpg

you can do various poses in the field and during cutscenes.

-Oracle
uDQVa0H.jpg

when you use it, you can get various advices on the joruney from Tria gods (aka Tri-Ace)

Some more screenshots and info here (Japanese)
http://www.4gamer.net/games/298/G029832/20160106079/

edit: gematsu has more info on some of the stuff I didn't put in the OP
http://gematsu.com/2016/01/star-ocean-5-details-screenshots-trecool-kingdom-party-skills

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I like how all of the art around this game takes a giant dump on the art IN the game. lol

Still looking forward to it.

And Akiman's art continues being the best.

Anyway, I wonder if all the Cooking/Writing/Composing/etcetc will be party skills now.

I honestly wouldn't mind =X

sensui-tomo

to the people posting that we have PAs in this game, are they PAs like SO1-3 or PA like SO4 (i'm hoping its like SO1-3 since those were nicer and made replayability for the endings fun (except SO3... which changed the boss in post game to whomever you had high affinity for)

Navid

The pink haired girls face still freaks me out every I see it, why are her eyes halfway down her face?

I kinda just want to see a picture of her with her bangs pulled back...

Dargor

The pink haired girls face still freaks me out every I see it, why are her eyes halfway down her face?

Cuz the man/woman responsible for character design wanted it? ;P

Just messing with you, but thats probably the reason. It was a choice, since there is no other reasonable alternative for it besides preference.

To Op:

Wow, those skill arts are very charming indeed, I'm seriously thinking about preordering this game. I have never preordered anything before, since I don't think its a good idea, but everything about this game, so far, has really made me happy :D.

theofficefan99

Pls... pls just have a nice opening and ending CGI cinematic that's all I'm asking from this game. Gonna be really good, I hope. One thing I don't like about the Star Ocean series in general is that the combat does feel kind of sluggish/clunky... hope they fixed that with this game.

Banned
Never played the first three. The fourth one bored me and had weird looking faces.

But I am hyped for this.

Top Bottom