• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest XI aiming for release before May 27, 2017 in Japan

mankoto

Square Enix shared little information about Dragon Quest XI during its Dragon Quest 30th Anniversary Project Presentation today.

Series creator Yuji Horii said the story is nearly finished and the beginning part of the game is playable. But because of the game’s volume, it will still take some time. Horii said he is hoping to release Dragon Quest XI in the series’ 30th anniversary year, which series unification producer Ryutaro Ichimura defined as between May 27, 2016 and May 27, 2017.

Dragon Quest XI is in development for PlayStation 4 and 3DS.

Thanks, Gematsu

watershed

Banned
Man it's gonna be forever before it releases in the US then. At that point, why would they even release the 3ds version in the west? And yet that's the version I want to play :(

Aeana

Frankly, the way he said it sounded pretty wishy-washy. Like "we want to release it within the anniversary year, buuuut...."

randomkid

Man it's gonna be forever before it releases in the US then. At that point, why would they even release the 3ds version in the west? And yet that's the version I want to play :(

Well, now we know they're not going to release that version here.

Just gotta hope the NX version is based on 3DS and not PS4, otherwise we will never get to play that one.

DKHF

So FFXV is definitely SE Japan's big console game this year... 2017 will be better with KH3, DQXI and maybe FFVIIR part 1.

random25

The anniversary year is off to a great start!

I hope the 3DS version gets released Q2 this year because the 0.001% chance of it getting localized will just go zero if it's a 2017 title in Japan.

DKHF

KH3 releasing in 2018 would be a 5 year dev cycle (4 years since switching to UE4)... I'm confident it will release in 2017 but it's definitely possible it might not until 2018.

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
So FFXV is definitely SE Japan's big console game this year... 2017 will be better with KH3, DQXI and maybe FFVIIR part 1.

While it's not internally developed and instead made by Tri-Ace (who have made the entire series except maybe that mobile spinoff), Star Ocean: Integrity & Faithlessness sure looks like it could be pretty big. Different era but 2 and 3 were both over 1 million worldwide back in 2005:

http://www.tri-ace.co.jp/en/company/sales.html

McNagah

I think it'll be on after the NX is released for this game. Maybe even after the 3DS too. I'm hoping to see KH3 next year.

benzy

I really hope Star Ocean 5 does well, because it seems like the best hope for S-E to greenlight a real VP3.... >_<

Really hoping SE doesn't send it to death with a fall release in the west... I'd be glad if they could at least keep making Star Ocean.

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
I really hope Star Ocean 5 does well, because it seems like the best hope for S-E to greenlight a real VP3.... >_<

My man.

Best hope for seeing another full Star Ocean game greenlit ever again too. SO4 will be over 7 years old when SO5 releases, almost as old as the last Valkyrie Profile release. I hope S-E sees some really good sales figures from going back to it.

Really hoping SE doesn't send it to death with a fall release in the west... I'd be glad if they could at least keep making Star Ocean.

Summer release, believe.

Fularu

Banned
Strike one down for both the 3DS and PS4 in 2016 then, I wouldn't be surprised if the PS4 was flat because of it (I doubt FF XV releases before december and there's no chance both KH3 and FF7R get released either). So it's probably just SO5/KH2.8/DQH2/DQB this year for major releases from SE.

The 3DS also lost a major release with that. This could bode well for the NX version though (even if it sells peanuts)

Top Bottom