• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Party Playlists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nominate a song that makes you wanna party hard. A song that you'd use as your power song on your Nike + iPod Sport Kit.

It can be anything. Personally I'm looking to discover some good accessable hip hop, danceable IDM, EBM / SynthPop / ElectroPop without cheesy vocals, some kick ass rock n' roll, or power metal... give me whatchya got!

You can leave a note as to why you'd have a song in your party playlist too, thats what I'll be doing:

Guns n Roses - Welcome to the Jungle - I believe there's a reason this starts the way it does, and a reason it kicks off Appetite for Destruction. Its a wailing, booming announcement from the very start that GNFR are going to blow your ears off with an audible form of 'awesome'. This'd be a candidate for first song out of the iStation :)

Andrew WK - I Get Wet - You could probably have a 'party' playlist comprising entirely of Andrew WK songs, but if I had to pick one it would be this...

Andrew WK - Party Hard - .. and this one is mandatory

Joe Esposito - You're the Best - from Karate Kid. I defy people to listen to this in a large group more than once and not break out into singing it whenever you hear it from that point onwards. Especially when drunk.

Daft Punk - Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger - it has what sounds like a ****ing vocoder/guitar solo. And its awesome.

Hard Fi - Hard to Beat - I think that Hard Fi were pretty much trying to make party-friendly pop.

Justin Timberlake - Like I Love You - just because it seemed like everywhere I went a few years ago there'd be a track from Justified playing, and everybody would be having a good time.

...now I'll stop there before I shittify things any further for people who abhor my taste. Give me some variation people!

MrOctober

Banned
Damnit i want more replies as I am also very interested in what GAF thinks about this.

I'll say Journey - Don't Stop Believing pretty much gets the pary screaming everytime.

Journey - Any Way You Want It is good as well.

I'll be interested to see non-rock ones :D

Stolen from bjork's birthday thread - don't turn to goatse pls, party:

partyhard6rw.gif

moore_party.gif

jediparty.gif

partyhardftw2.gif

party2520hard25201.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom