• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls 3 limited edition PS4 (Japan)

raven777

56A8BFB849498B0014

56A8BFB94951AC000B

56A8BFBC4949950014

56A8BFBD4929900036

56A8BFBE4952DC000A
Sony store Japan exclusive
Choosing from 4 face plates (2 types of design, 2 colors black and silver)
500GB/1tb option
Map & OST
sleeve case
PS4 theme

http://www.sony.jp/playstation/store/special/ps4/darksouls3/

What is up with these terrible limited edition ps4s use the whole ps4 not the top bit. Looks really weird and has yet to have a single design look good to me.

If you are going to make a themed PS4

DO THE WHOLE PS4

Fuck this lazy faceplate only shit

At least people make sweet decals so there is that

Ashler

I would be all for buying a Limited Edition Dark souls PS4, but not a limited edition faceplate at the cost of a new PS4.

No thanks.

papo

Why ar people hating on this? I loved my Bloodborne faceplate and I really want this.

With all the cool special edition consoles released, faceplates like these are a cool way to get into it without having to buy new consoles every time. Loved them back in 360 era.

Ashler

With all the cool special edition consoles released, faceplates like these are a cool way to get into it without having to buy new consoles every time. Loved them back in 360 era.

These are not limited faceplates, you have to buy the console!

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
This will probably be the last game of the best series ever and the collector editions and related merchandise across all regions are straight garbage. Damn shame.

brawly

I want the second one. But knowing Sony and their excuse for limited edition they won't sell it outside of japan.

Ashler

The Bloodborne plate was sold by itself so I'm sure at some point this one may be available as well.

It was? Can you link me to that? I never saw one for sale.

Edit: Ah, from the Sony store. nevermind it was US exclusive :(

LAA

I think the face plates are a good idea, but if you want to make a PS4 system to launch with the game, just faceplates isn't so exciting really. Great for existing owners though

EthanC

Banned
The Bloodborne plate was sold by itself so I'm sure at some point this one may be available as well.

The people here are commenting on what's for sale now. Sony is slapping a lame faceplate on a pre-existing console, doing nothing else to the console or controller, and calling it a "limited edition". That's why people have a problem.

sublimit

Banned
These don't look "limited" at all. I hate that it has become a trend to call a PS4 "limited" just because it has a custom faceplate.

IAmGross

Neo Member
In an era where any of us could easily tailor any image we could ever want onto a custom skin for any major console or accessory, face plates seem so two-thousand-and-late.

While the idea of faceplates are cool for limited edition consoles, as it does not require you to buy an entirely different console just so you have a nicer looking console, I do wish the PS4 faceplates weren't garbage. At least with the N3DS they look nice (mostly) as it's the entire outer shell of the handheld.

I want that digital theme though that is coming out with Dark Souls 3.

Top Bottom