• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saint's Row: Undercover (Cancelled PSP game) released by Voliton

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Just released on Volition's stream.
ovO9pJo.png

SfQFd02.png

You can download the ISO here at Unseen64:
https://www.unseen64.net/saintsrowundercover/

As a note, there is no tech support for this. Haha.

Hope those that try enjoy. It's crazy that Mike Watson, our community guy, was able to get permission for us to do this.

Rellik

God damn it, I don't have a PSP.

I would have loved to play this.

EDIT: Didn't think of an emulator. Thanks LiquidMetal14.

Would they not benefit from releasing this as a demo on PSN? Would they not profit from downloads of that from there? Unless it doesn't work like that.

Storm360

Would they not benefit from releasing this as a demo on PSN? Would they not profit from downloads of that from there? Unless it doesn't work like that.

It would cost alot of money for them to get it released.

This seems to work fine on PPSSPP for those lacking hardware.

Joqu

Saint's Row isn't really my thing but when Volition announced they were going to show this on stream I couldn't help but think how awesome it would be if we had access to that prototype ourselves.

Didn't expect this to happen though. This is so rad.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member

It's a playable prototype, not really suited for putting on PSN. It's a great curiosity and buggy as fuuuuuuuuuck but not exactly polished :p

New PSP game
technically
in 2016. What a world!

This is really cool of them to do. Has anything like this ever been done before?

Does PSN still even work on PSP? I doubt they'd add anything to the PSPs section of PSN if it's still up. Especially a demo for a game that'll never be released.

Either way, this is awesome. I wish Nintendo would give us all the goodies of their prototypes, too.

Kudos to the devs and publishers of the series for allowing this.

That's very cool! It's a shame to see so many cancelled games lost on time, glad some fans will at least get the chance to see how this one was shaping up.

RK128

Wow o_O!?!

Has this ever happened with a known scrapped game before? Never saw something like this happen.......

That is a really nice gesture on there part and I hope the community enjoys this scrapped PSP game :).

Boke1879

This is awesome. Just recently I thought about purchasing a PSP again because it was a nice little system and building up the collection of games.

Adnor

Banned
Guys, remember that this is a early alpha of a cancelled game. Most menus and features don't work properly or don't even exist :p

Really nice of Volition to dump and upload this on the internet, I didn't expect that! More developers should do stuff like this!

Storm360

Wow o_O!?!

Has this ever happened with a known scrapped game before? Never saw something like this happen.......

That is a really nice gesture on there part and I hope the community enjoys this scrapped PSP game :).

Lots of devs have released protos and of course, some have been leaked etc (for example, the Star Wars Battlefront 3 beta leaked this week), but of course, more devs doing it is fucking awesome and I hope they do more, primarly of some of the cancelled 360 games.

Guys, remember that this is a early alpha of a cancelled game. Most menus and features don't work properly or don't even exist :p

Really nice of Volition to dump and upload this on the internet, I didn't expect that! More developers should do stuff like this!

Very, very much that.

Peff

Releasing it this way means people have to actively look for it in the first place and thus they're aware that it is an unfinished, buggy, unpolished game. Releasing it through any official first party channel creates expectations of it working well, free or not.

Amazingly cool gesture, though. Volition are legit.

Top Bottom