• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which backgrounds are you using for your PS Vita?

I got a nice Sackboy lockscreen background for a couple of years now, but never really settled with home screen backgrounds. Most of them are just too 'intrusive', I prefer something modern and clean looking. Any tips?

This is the lockscreen one by the way:
lbp35uav.jpg

Rated-G

The Tearaway theme on the PS Store is pretty sweet. It has multiple backgrounds that make up a vertical scroll, so swiping through pages has a nice effect. The custom icons and music are nice too.

By the way, is there any way to set a background for folders?

I can take screenshots later tonight when at home, but I'm using the custom P4DAN theme that was preinstalled with the P4DAN Vita.

1d167c79bdea86cd2b8c20adc93ee706_zpsoxmjiboa.jpg

I'm currently using the Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls theme.

I sometimes switch to the Toro theme, and I also like the Tearaway theme.

khaaan

This is how I used to do it. I've gotten rid of it all because arranging icons around images was wasting space. Now I've arranged it as:

-Now Playing/Applications+Settings
-Vita Games
-PSP Games
-PS1 Games

The individual platforms aren't limited to one page though, just use up as many pages as they need. I think I also have a "junk" page at the very end because I have an odd extra game or two but don't want to create a whole new page.

damn that looks hot.. kinda wish i got a white vita oh well.. gotta live with the finger smudges

I really love the look of the P4DAN vita, particularly the rear touchscreen:
a9e3a2b5617a1043e96986d16de4e420_zpsr9lxgbyq.jpg

The custom theme though, that's where it's at for me. It plays Signs of Love (Funky HOME Mix) for the background music, custom icons and different wallpapers featuring the P4 gang plus Kanami that you can set up as you like. I decided to go with the same order as when I had my P4G theme. Might tweak the icon set though.:

i don't have a vita but this thread got me a little interested in one.. until i saw that the thing still costs $200, wtf?

Gattsu25

Banned
I manually updated these images to fit on the vita screen and upped the contrast/lowered the brightness of them:

I used to have more but recently shrunk my Vita homescreens down to three. Folders. Folders everywhere.

Can't link right now but in the old thread I found this huge-ass multiple image from Zelda that I have been using for about a month or so. I'll subscribe to this thread too.

LowerLevel

Lock screen is the Boston Celtics logo, one Persona4 pic, one persona 3, one SF4 Chun Li, two Dragons Crown and Nine Muses Wild group pic. I like to keep things separated like actual Vita games on one screen and PS1 games on another for example.

Putosaure

I manually updated these images to fit on the vita screen and upped the contrast/lowered the brightness of them:

I used to have more but recently shrunk my Vita homescreens down to three. Folders. Folders everywhere.

I would do the same if I was able to put some backgrounds in the folders.

I also don't like when you scroll between screens it just shows the default blue background instead of just fading from one background to the other...

muteki

I only use the default ones with different colors because the compression makes any attempt at custom wallpaper look like rubbish.

Top Bottom