• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEVE IRWIN death most likely will be broadcast...

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/crocodile%20hunter%20death%20to%20be%20broadcast_1007314
LATEST: The footage of late Australian naturalist STEVE IRWIN being killed by a stingray could be shown on TV. Charismatic Irwin, dubbed the Crocodile Hunter after his internationally acclaimed TV show, died yesterday (04SEP06) while diving on Australia's Great Barrier Reef. Irwin was filming for a new documentary when he lost his life, and his cameraman shot the moment when the stingray's barbed tail stabbed the legendary conservationist through the heart. The tapes are currently being held by Queensland police - but Irwin's family are determined to respect his last wishes and allow the harrowing footage to be broadcast. Irwin once insisted, "My number one rule is to keep that camera rolling. Even if it's shaky or slightly out of focus, I don't give a rip. "Even if a big old alligator is chewing me up I want to go down and go, 'Crikey!' just before I die.

Hmm. I'm not sure I want to watch this.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
Crazy. Don't know if I'd watch it.

Is it bad that I LOLed at the image of steve irwin yelling "CRIKEY" while being chewed up by an alligator?

My number one rule is to keep that camera rolling. Even if it's shaky or slightly out of focus, I don't give a rip. "Even if a big old alligator is chewing me up I want to go down and go, 'Crikey!' just before I die.

This guy would have LOVED all the photoshops running around.

:lol

No one knows how this will pan out and I wouldn't take the word of anybody who claims they know who does. All anybody is doing is speculating which is meaningless. It's too early to start queing up the TIVO not that I would really care to watch anyway. His quote is speaking about an unimagined future and probably half joking so there's no sense in equating that means this film will suddenly be on Youtube.

Stoney Mason said:
No one knows how this will pan out and I wouldn't take the word of anybody who claims they know who does. All anybody is doing is speculating which is meaningless. It's too early to start queing up the TIVO not that I would really care to watch anyway. His quote is speaking about an unimagined future and probably half joking so there's no sense in equating that means this film will suddenly be on Youtube.

Mmm. I agree generally, but his quote does give true credence to the possibilities, although the source is a bit shaky. Assuming its true.

Link648099 said:
Mmm. I agree generally, but his quote does give true credence to the possibilities, although the source is a bit shaky. Assuming its true.

Well I think he had to sort of play to that opinion. What he did was quite dangerous and the appeal was that he was essentially saying I don't mind risking my life because I love these animals. His attitude sort of softened the view as you watched so you could focus on what he was saying rather than it being a freakshow. Sort of like the animal will do what comes naturally and it's my fault if something goes wrong. It was a great attitude to have and I think was part of his appeal. That being said, I think he and his family would have realized showing him actually getting killed by these animals wouldn't help anything and would probably actually work against what he stood for which was people having irrational fear of thse animals.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I'm sure this topic came up with his wife more then once,
and frankly as long as what he wanted happens, I don't care either way.

MrSardonic

The nerdiest nerd of all the nerds in nerdland
quite different for him to make comments like that while he is alive, and assuming a croc will get him...but that isn't what happened. so i dont know about releasing the footage :/

Nameless

MrSardonic said:
quite different for him to make comments like that while he is alive, and assuming a croc will get him...but that isn't what happened. so i dont know about releasing the footage :/

But come on, being mauled by a croc is considerably more graphic than being stung by a sting-ray barb.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
$59.95 ONLY ON PAY PER VIEW

see the legend Steve Irwin in his final performance before he goes down for the count! Only in America. Only on Pay Per View.

[/don king]

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
Nameless said:
But come on, being mauled by a croc is considerably more graphic than being stung by a sting-ray barb.
Yeah, but wrestling crocs was what he did as entertainment, and being attacked by one was kind of an 'expected' desmise. Being piereced through the heart by a stingray out of nowhere while shooting some film for his daughter and then pulling it out is kind of different. I get the feeling he would almost have been proud to be eaten by a croc, but not this.

MetalAlien

Banned
jobber said:

see the legend Steve Irwin in his final performance before he goes down for the count! Only in America. Only on Pay Per View.

[/don king]

On local radio today they interviewed the Ray.. like after a boxing match. Then they did audio commentary on the play by play... (no joke) 107.5 Vegas.

Cheebs

jobber said:

[/don king]
It would be on animal planet likely

DrEvil

not a medical professional
Well they WERE filming a documentary; I imagine they'll edit it together and show what they had so far, and then how it all ended.

d

sky

MetalAlien said:
On local radio today they interviewed the Ray.. like after a boxing match. Then they did audio commentary on the play by play... (no joke) 107.5 Vegas.
WTF? That's horrible...

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Omie said:
Hopefully itll be like The Life Aquatic and theyll go on a hunt for the stingray!

"I'm going to find it and I'm going to destroy it. Possibly with dynamite."

****, that should cheer me up, but I'm still totally depressed over this.

MIMIC

Banned
I just heard on my local news that the footage WILL be broadcasted.

I'll probably have to wait until the end (an hour from now) to hear the entire thing.

Shinobi

If he would've wanted it released I say go for it. Just give 45 warnings before it airs and the network is in the clear.

Of course I wouldn't want to see jack shit from this...I simply can't stand the sight of real death. I can't even watch JFK's brain explosion anymore, and that video is grainy as ****.

Yamauchi

Banned
If the full video comes out with Steve pulling the barb out of his heart this is going to be one of the coolest moments in history. The greatest man in the last decade dying and going down like a complete badass.

it'll be a goddamn tragedy if the video of this shit is released yet the video of Keith Closs getting his ass beat up by a group of women still goes unseen.

Mason

From the description I have heard of the footage, it's not going to be anything exciting. You see the stringray swim by him and then take off in the other direction.

I just watched an hour of crocodile hunter all about sharks. Sharks are my number one fear in this world, and the god damn guy was ****ing holding a tiger shark that wasn't being held on to by anything else.

What a goddamn ****ing badass. I hope they release the video and I get to watch a true man dying doing what he loved.

Mike Works said:
I just watched an hour of crocodile hunter all about sharks. Sharks are my number one fear in this world, and the god damn guy was ****ing holding a tiger shark that wasn't being held on to by anything else.

What a goddamn ****ing badass. I hope they release the video and I get to watch a true man dying doing what he loved.

What an amazing post!

Ford Prefect

GAAAAAAAAY
Yamauchi said:
If the full video comes out with Steve pulling the barb out of his heart this is going to be one of the coolest moments in history. The greatest man in the last decade dying and going down like a complete badass.
After pulling the barb out, he probably licked it with a hungry and slightly-mad look in his eyes.

Miguel

jobber said:

[/don king]

I only pay 29.98. Hellz yeah.

That's pretty ****ed up. You have to look at it from others' perspective. What would you think if your father or wife's death was broadcasted accross the world? It's just ****ed up...

Shazapp

His manager was on Larry King tonight and said that he will destroy the footage once the cops release it back to him.

The problem is the cops have it...and I'm sure someone's copying it.

Shazapp said:
The problem is the cops have it...and I'm sure someone's copying it.

image.php

Joe Molotov said:
Hell yeah, dude! Then he stabbed the stingray with it, and yelled "Crikey, you're a fiesty little bugger!" before he went down.

You know...that would actually be pretty ****ing untouchable badass if he did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom