• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leak: Steam might soon add bitcoin as a payment method

MUnited83

For you.
I started using something called CGMiner like 4...5 years ago?? Apparently joined a pool too looking through my stuff.

I've had the command line program running ever since on the system in our study. I sort of forgot about it.

I now have 208 of these coins according to my wallet. No idea what they're worth, and darn near forgot about it till this thread.

Off to see if I have $20 or something, lol.
If they are actually 208 full bitcoins then you have like over 76 000$

shandy706

208 bitcoins?!?!?! You're rich lol

That's like US$75k in drugs or whatever it is people use bitcoins for.

LOL, I'm joking. I did get into it for a very short time...took like a freaking year to get 1 coin...quit. Haha

Kind of wish I had stuck with it though, I was afraid of wasting my time with it. They're worth over $300 now I think.

Edit** Crap, wasn't trying to derail...haha..I'll add this to the other post.

gdt

I started using something called CGMiner like 4...5 years ago?? Apparently joined a pool too looking through my stuff.

I've had the command line program running ever since on the system in our study. I sort of forgot about it.

I now have 208 of these coins according to my wallet. No idea what they're worth, and darn near forgot about it till this thread.

If they are actually 208 full bitcoins then you have like over 76 000$

Lmao

You should have about 60.000 $.

20$? If you are talking about 208 bitcoins, you have about 70,000 $.

I'm glad we're getting bitcoin support before customer support.

post-61381-gravity-falls-medic-burn-gif-i-Kj3f.gif

If you are not lying and you actually have 208 BTC open a www.coinbase.com account or www.circle.com account immediately.

Then figure out how and where you stored the coins, make sure you have your private key and transfer your coins. Afterwards send the coins to the Coinbase or similar exchange and get some money out of this.

The daily limit with no verification is 10,000 USD per day so be smart and don't hold your coins waiting for them to hit 1k again or something. You can send the remaining coins a new wallet that will have way more features & security to whatever you were using when you started accumulating the coins

http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/bitcoin-wallets - I suggest splitting your coins between instant access web/hardware hybrid type wallet like Blockchain.info with destktop app and the rest in a vault or multisig vault such as Coinbase.com or Circle.com - The safest option is a paper wallet which you print and store in however many copies and locations you want however it takes more time to get your coins back online or used especially if you are not where the paper wallet private key information is.

(Current market price 208 BTC = 77,376 USD)

kotodama

My steam account has been exclusively funded with Steam Gift cards purchased via bitcoins or Humble Bundles via bitcoins. Whelp, one less step. Now those Steam Sale impulse buys will be that much more dangerous.

Does Green Man Gaming support bitcoin payments still?

Top Bottom