• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It took over 3 years, but the men of Dead or Alive 5 finally got some swimsuits!

In a relatively surprising move, Team Ninja remembered that Dead or Alive 5 has male characters too, and actually gave them some swimsuits as part of the new Valentine's Day DLC costume pack. You can see a trailer of the guys in action alongside the ladies here. The costumes are currently available for the Xbox One and PC versions, and will be on sale tomorrow for the PS4 version.

It may of been slow going, but I'm glad that it finally happened. Men in Xtreme next??

U4e2rY4.jpg

T6or1c9.jpg

PYj2yUo.jpg

Y2yFiPa.jpg

ASTnaJu.jpg

7NP4Cu8.jpg

V9VL1Sw.jpg

MuFroE4.jpg

HYw1NBN.jpg

eiM36B4.jpg

PCMaEgE.jpg

MdQh9ch.jpg

QT749Fk.jpg

mmXxKWz.jpg

c2Kwbcy.jpg

Click here to see a gallery of the female outfits.

Peff

The Asian characters seem to be slightly better endowed. I wonder if there's a message there somewhere.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
gross, they need to balance it out with more women swimsuits, I will be boycotting their dlc until my demands are met.

orioto

Good Art™
It seems they know one only type of male body cause they all have the exact same torso..

It's a shame that the UFC game is a better Xtreme Beach VolleyBall for men than this.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I feel like they just copy pasted the abs, either that or im just noticing how similar game abs are, also im a straight guy and even im disappointed at the lack of bulges.

Who the hell tattoos some stupid molecular structure? That's the nerdiest thing i've ever seen, jesus.

Hopefully that's like the vodka molecule or something.

Cleve

Too bad they choose the coldest stage to take those screenshots

You think boob physics are bad? I can't wait to see the first mainstream game to attempt junk phsyics. It's gonna be like a sausage flopping around on a trampoline.

Until the men utilize Soft Engine 2.0, they will never be able to match the ladies. Where's the wetness meter for men? The muscle giggle?

We need it now, Team Ninja. DLC for DOAX3.

SarusGray

Until the men utilize Soft Engine 2.0, they will never be able to match the ladies. Where's the wetness meter for men? The muscle giggle?

give me pecks that'lll move, bulging biceps and packages, from twinks to bears to athletic types, a personality that one could only find in a twilight book! nd. Come women and gay men, let's show koei our money so they can improve these feats!

eiM36B4.jpg

woah

Nothing for bear lovers? :(
Bass and Raidou are bears, just more on the muscular side.

It seems they know one only type of male body cause they all have the exact same torso..
There's still a lot of improvements they could make, that's for sure. Hopefully they'll give the men's models more care and attention going forward. (Including rectifying the relative absence of basic male anatomy.)

Brad Wong looks like the world's sexiest hobo
That's basically what he is.

One step closer for Xtreme 3 fun activities with Bayman, I keep on praying

+1

give me pecks that'lll move, bulging biceps and packages, from twinks to bears to athletic types ... Come women and gay men, let's show koei our money so they can improve these feats!

As a straight man, even I can see that we need this.

The human body is a wonderful thing when sculpted and honed. Team Ninja know this, but they only choose to go one way. Men could use the power of Soft Engine 2.0 to change the way we look at sexualized characters in Video Games.

Soft Engine 2.1 : Now with Men

#GameChanger

SarusGray

As a straight man, even I can see that we need this.

The human body is a wonderful thing when sculpted and honed. Team Ninja know this, but they only choose to go one way. Men could use the power of Soft Engine 2.0 to change the way we look at sexualized characters in Video Games.

#GameChanger

you are an awesome straight man. -hi5s-. Whoever is with you is lucky or whoever will be with you.

#lessrepression #moreobsession

Eolz

Not sure why it was thread-worthy, but yeah, last time they got swimsuit DLC was in February 2013. They don't necessarily need more swimsuits but they certainly needed more costumes.

Men in Xtreme next??
add them to DOAX3

You know that won't happen. There's not even the full female cast in Xtreme.

Who the hell tattoos some stupid molecular structure? That's the nerdiest thing i've ever seen, jesus.

Hopefully that's like the vodka molecule or something.

I think they are all pretty random apart from Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle on his right arm. It's just molecules, DNA strands, japanese characters, etc.

is this marie-rose counterpart?

That's Eliot, youngest playable character in the series (and apprentice of the oldest one if you don't count the 1000+ year old demon), he's there since DOA4 (2005). I guess he caters to certain audiences yes.

Top Bottom