• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Days of War WWII FPS - UE4 PS4/Xbone/PC Kickstarter

CryptiK

Hot on the heels of Battalion releasing it seems a competitor has come out of the woodwork with a game they have apparently been working on for the past 2 years.

Kickstarter page - $20k goal

Announcement Trailer

Actual Gameplay Trailer

Days of War is an online multiplayer shooter that aims to revive the style of classic WW2 shooters from the 2000-2010 era using Epic Games' Unreal Engine 4.

In Days of War, bullets are what matter, not kill-streaks, not wall jumps, and certainly not drone strikes ordered from iPads.

Goals

Our goal for Days of War is to deliver cutting edge graphics with fast paced competitive gameplay. We aim to strike a balance between the authentic weight and feel of the weapons of WW2 but with the lightness and quick response time of a competitive shooter.

However, an online game is only as good as its community. The games that succeed listen to their community but the games that thrive empower their players to shape game development. That doesn't mean just trying to reach consensus on a message board, it means giving players the tools to create and improve the game, and letting the best ideas and creations rise to the top.

The first step to creating this community is getting Days of War into your hands.

Unlike Battalion the devs have stated they are putting more focus on the game being akin to Day of Defeat and Counter Strike. It seems it will be in peoples hands a lot quicker as well and are putting a large focus on mod tools and community driven content.

dc89

I'll keep my eyes on this but I think I prefer the look of Batallion.

I'm not into stuff like CS.

Wedzi

Banned
There seems to be more than a few WWII based shooters popping up on Kickstarter lately. Demand must be rising. Only a matter of time before one of the big publishers jump in.

Cardon

Doesn't really tickle my fancy, but it's still nice to see the slow resurgence of the WWII genre in gaming.

Moobabe

So we're all ok with this completely ripping off DoD right?

I mean... there's a video of them playing on dod_donner - EXACTLY the same map.

Surely this is going to get shut down by Valve?

Neither of these campaigns interest me. Battalion isn't prioritizing 60fps on consoles, preferring their fancy graphics. For a company run by FPS dev and esports veterans they've got shitty priorities.

This one just looks boring.

Murricans vs Germans again and doesn't even look that interesting gameplay wise, meh. Guess interesting settings like the Finnish front will never be featured in a game <.<...

Zatoth

They cancelled their campaign and started a new one:

Lately the funding hasn't been coming in as quickly as we want, making it uncertain that we will hit our goal. After careful consideration we’ve decided to relaunch our Kickstarter Campaign effective immediately with a more focused goal and scope. This will ensure we hit our new funding goal quickly, so we can get back to finishing Days of War. We also have our stretch goals laid out in advance so you know what to expect should we exceed this goal.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/drivenarts/days-of-war/posts/1519358

Link to the new campaign.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/drivenarts/days-of-war-early-access

From $100k of full game to $20k of Early Access? Oh brother.

Edit: Consoles version made into Stretch Goal? Are we even going to get those keys when they're eventually released?

Originally they had "One pledge means 3 keys: one for each system". Is that still true if Stretch goals are met? That's my question here.

CryptiK

Very strange.

Not really, they had to adjust their goal since they weren't going to hit the target.

From $100k of full game to $20k of Early Access? Oh brother.

Edit: Consoles version made into Stretch Goal? Are we even going to get those keys when they're eventually released?

Originally they had "One pledge means 3 keys: one for each system". Is that still true if Stretch goals are met? That's my question here.
No. They had to realign their goals. Console versions will be delayed and not as high priority as the PC version. It was silly of them to have such a broad focus to begin with. I'm happy they refocused it to be PC lead platform and Consoles to follow later.

Unlike Battalion the devs have stated they are putting more focus on the game being akin to Day of Defeat and Counter Strike. It seems it will be in peoples hands a lot quicker as well and are putting a large focus on mod tools and community driven content.

In. So in. Even if it looks like a reskinned DoD: Source, I'm down if only because it will probably have a more vibrant community.

Top Bottom