• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[RUMOR] Nintendo PlayStation SNES CD Boot ROM Discovered

Onaco

5J2KxEj.jpg
Didn't find any other threads about this.

SOURCE: http://www.retrocollect.com/News/un...nintendo-playstation-boot-rom-discovered.html

Early this morning, however, we were greeted with an anonymous email containing a screenshot of the ‘SuperDisc’ BIOS screen and a link to download a file named SDBR_v0.95.sfc.

Following this we opened the ROM up in a hex editor. Although not expecting to find much, there was some descriptive content - namely a reference from a developer who worked on the project at Sony: Tomomi Abe.

Futher helping its fight for being the real deal, we're pleased to report that the boot ROM works on the original hardware through an Everdrive flash cartridge (as shown above), but not the more powerful SD2SNES.

I've never heard of Retro Collect before; the article simply popped up on Reddit and wondered what Gaf thought of it.

I'm leaning on whether this is real or not, but stranger discoveries have happened before with the Nintendo PlayStation.

pirata

God, how I wish a prototype Super Disc game would pop up. I would love to see what was in the works for it first-hand!

Technically, what happened after RetroCollect got the ROM, is that I talked to the SuperDisc's owner, Dan Diebold, about this, and told me it wasn't him who sent the ROM.

And then he gave me the ROM file and I released it on a website I won't link here but you can find it. If you ever played that Sound Factory prototype ROM, you should know where it is. So you can play around with it if you want.

So it's not a rumor. It's out there. It's the real deal.

Top Bottom