• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo, if you are going to lock content behind Amiibos, let me buy them

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I already own Marth Amiibo but like Fire Emblem Fates enough that I was going to get Ike, Robin, and Lucina so I could use them all in game.

If you are going to release a popular game that locks this content away behind some Amiibo, increase the production of those Amiibos for when you release the game! There's no evidence that they even increased shipment of those FE Amiibos, normal msrp stocks don't appear to have been filled in the last week or so.

Those Fire Emblem people (Ike, Robin, Lucina) are the only three Smash amiibos I don't have. Figure I'll be paying $30 a pop for them unless there's been some word on restocks?

But yeah, it's strange to release a game with Fire Emblem amiibo support and only have one of them freely available.

They've been well stocked for awhile now. The fire emblem ones are a bit on the rare side, tho.
Would probably have been smart to release a 4 pack or something instead of overflowing shelves with the AC ones nobody cares about

They've been well stocked for awhile now. The fire emblem ones are a bit on the rare side, tho.
Would probably have been smart to release a 4 pack or something instead of overflowing shelves with the AC ones nobody cares about

Fry's had a bunch of the Animal Crossing ones for $2.99 each on Sunday. I don't even know why I bought them!

They should make digital Amiibo. Just have a 3D model that you can look at if you want, put on display or whatever and they have the functionality of a physical Amiibo. Charge $10 or something like that since there' s no physical product and watch money fall from the sky.

Codeblue

I'd rather they just make those cards for everything so I can buy the content without the clutter.

Edit: ^Even better.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
They should make digital Amiibo. Just have a 3D model that you can look at if you want, put on display or whatever and they have the functionality of a physical Amiibo. Charge $10 or something like that since there' s no physical product and watch money fall from the sky.
So they are literally the Smash trophies!?

L95

I don't know where you live, but I'm in the US, and my local Gamestop is chock full of Ikes lol. No Lucina or Robin yet though....

ZOONAMI

Or... Just make it dlc and charge for it? Not a bad idea though, just don't know what people would do with a digital amiibo. Make their TV into a digital display case?

Ike has actually been restocked a couple of times latest was during black friday were he got a great restock at gamestop. Robin and lucina on the other hand im glad i got those at launch as they have never came back and they are the only ones so far that havent atleast been restocked once in the USA.

fernoca

Marth got a restock across all retailers.
Ike got a restock only at Gamestop.
Robin and Lucina got no restocks.
And the upcoming Roy will be Gamestop exclusive.

Since stores will be getting new amiibo in two weeks and with one being a Gamestop exclusive, keep an eye out around that date.

Overall stocks issues has been better outside this. So maybe some of the restocks depend on retailers per se.

And the FE are great in Fates. Have Marth,Robin, Lucina and Ike permanently on battles. Ike's great since he can attack from distance too.

Can't romance Ike though. :(... :p

Trojan

I feel fortunate that I'm not a toy collector and have no interest in amiibos. If I did, I would probably be driven insane in my pursuit to collect them all.

On topic, this is a lot of BS in my eyes to lock significant content with something that is not readily available for purchase.

shanafan

Just get the import from Amazon. They are region free, so it doesn't matter ;)

Marth, Robin, and Lucina average between $20-30. Not TOO bad considering how much they used to be..

Not a bad idea. But when you take into account how the majority of the internet reacts to most things... there would be blood in the streets.

RockmanBN

Ugh no. They've had a huge restock with Marth and a substantial one with Ike. Lucina and Robin are needing one as they have yet to have a restock.

Acerac

Banned
If Nintendo does that people will complain the content is too expensive.

I mean how much would Nintendo charge for a skin in Mario Maker? Anything above a dollar would be a horrible deal and anything less probably isn't worth their time.

KingBroly

Banned
Amiibo in need of restocking:
- Rosalina
- Pit
- Meta Knight
- King Dedede
- Robin
- Lucina
- Wario

And that's just from the Smash line.

Otheradam

Just get the import from Amazon. They are region free, so it doesn't matter ;)

Marth, Robin, and Lucina average between $20-30. Not TOO bad considering how much they used to be..

I have no interest in them as collectors items, only the unlocks in game. If you think about it like that, anything over MSRP for basically an extra playable character is too much. Especially what Lucina is still going for.

butalala

This is a great idea. I'd fork over for a few of these. Not interested in more bits of clutter; I already have plenty of those.

So they are literally the Smash trophies!?

Yeah, pretty much, except for also having the amiibo perks built into them.

Or... Just make it dlc and charge for it? Not a bad idea though, just don't know what people would do with a digital amiibo. Make their TV into a digital display case?
Sure, but this would keep them in line with the physical versions so no confusion. The best part about the amiibos is that they can be functional across multiple games, just selling the content per game loses the point of what's on offer.

Banned
My only regret is selling my Samus, Fox, and Sonic ones. Now I never see those in stock lol.

dickroach

It's pretty insane that store.nintendo.com doesn't have a selection of every amiibo ever made available. Throw in a "please allow up to two weeks for shipping" or some crap if you have to, but they it's completely absurd they aren't selling their own product.

TSM

I bought the DD version of Twilight Princess and a stand alone SKU for the wolf Link Amiibo doesn't even exist. By the time it's out I'll have beaten the game and moved along.

Chorazin

"Import" the Japanese ones from Amazon. All my FE ones were between $14 and $16 and I got all four in one order.

They're region free and are all the same after you throw the box away. Come to think of it, all my Amiibo are Japanese save Mario (Smash) and the Xenoblade dude.

It's pretty insane that store.nintendo.com doesn't have a selection of every amiibo ever made available. Throw in a "please allow up to two weeks for shipping" or some crap if you have to, but they it's completely absurd they aren't selling their own product.

that would mean nintendo producing all amiibo all the time which wouldnt work as not even the biggest toy companies in the world can keep over 80 figures in stock at all times as it stands nintendo hand paint every amiibo they make which is why we only get new amiibo every 2-3 months.

EDarkness

I already own Marth Amiibo but like Fire Emblem Fates enough that I was going to get Ike, Robin, and Lucina so I could use them all in game.

If you are going to release a popular game that locks this content away behind some Amiibo, increase the production of those Amiibos for when you release the game! There's no evidence that they even increased shipment of those FE Amiibos, normal msrp stocks don't appear to have been filled in the last week or so.

I totally agree. I want to get a Robin Amiibo, but I've never seen one...same with Lucina. Why add things like this to a game and not have the items available for people to actually use them? It's really frustrating. It's made me stop playing Fates. Ugh.

Pokemaniac

The thing about amiibo stock issues is that, despite America literally getting more of them than the rest of the world combined, there still seem to be stock issues. I'm not sure it's really in Nintendo's power to fix it.

Those Fire Emblem people (Ike, Robin, Lucina) are the only three Smash amiibos I don't have. Figure I'll be paying $30 a pop for them unless there's been some word on restocks?

But yeah, it's strange to release a game with Fire Emblem amiibo support and only have one of them freely available.

$30 per DLC. Holy shit, why?

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
This thread again? Aside from Robin, Lucina, and a couple of others who haven't been reprinted, Amiibo are plentifully stocked now. If you can't find them, you can get imports from Amazon sellers for cheap. Seriously, just import them. They aren't region locked and they're the exact same figure! It'll save you a lot of hassle.

dity

Buy from Australian websites. We have amiibo for miles.

Come on Amiibo Cards, your time to shine.

They're Lesser Amiibo. People were sooooo convinced the Amiibo Cards for Animal Crossing would be the exact same as the actual amiibo but that shit did not happen.

fernoca

I totally agree. I want to get a Robin Amiibo, but I've never seen one...same with Lucina. Why add things like this to a game and not have the items available for people to actually use them? It's really frustrating. It's made me stop playing Fates. Ugh.
Come on. :p
Stopped playing a really great game because you can't get the 2 accesories they each give and can't add them to your party?

They are pretty cool to have...but also pretty barebones since they have no ties to the story and neither are romance options.

Top Bottom