• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CVG: Bioshock PS3 screens? nope

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
edit - seems CVG jumped the gun, these were released earlier, and were not labelled as PS3 shots.

Seems a little odd, since I didn't think this had been officially confirmed yet, even. But they claim these are the first screens from the PS3 version:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=146154

screenshot_161750.jpg

screenshot_161749.jpg

A little perplexing (the lack of an official release prior to this, I mean)..

LCGeek

formerly sane
Not bad the lighting off the shotgun rocks, but what gets me is the model on the left face in the first picture just looking assy in a bad way same with the texturing on the left hand. What I want to know is does this run at 60FPS?

Hatorade said:
Not bad the lighting off the shotgun rocks, but what gets me is the model on the left face in the first picture just looking assy in a bad way same with the texturing on the left hand. What I want to know is does this run at 60FPS?
30 is the target on consoles, I would think...unless you've got a monster PC, I'd think that you'd be running it around there, too.

Mmmkay

It's not the first time that someone's put out Bioshock screens labelled as PS3. Gamespot listed the two most recent official ones as PS3 in its RSS feeds, but actually linked to the PC section with the images. Mostly it's just hit generation, and I can't imagine there would be any sanctioned PS3 media before an official announcement. I'm curious as to what the watermark is for, beneath the CVG logo. Did they steal the content?

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
MightyHedgehog said:
PS3 or no, I wanted to see new shots of this game. It's all gonna look the same in the end, anyway.

Yeah, I wasn't even going to label them specifically as PS3 initially, but I figured if true it serves as confirmation that the version exists, whereas we haven't quite had that before.

Anyway, I wonder why CVG even posted an article saying they're PS3 shots given the above ^^.

I guess we should get a lock (if posted before) :p *shakes fist at CVG*

sangreal

Mmmkay said:
It's not the first time that someone's put out Bioshock screens labelled as PS3. Gamespot listed the two most recent official ones as PS3 in its RSS feeds, but actually linked to the PC section with the images. Mostly it's just hit generation, and I can't imagine there would be any sanctioned PS3 media before an official announcement. I'm curious as to what the watermark is for, beneath the CVG logo. Did they steal the content?

looks like a menu, but its not on the other ones posted so I guess its a watermark

LCGeek

formerly sane
My PC should be able to run this fine by the time I buy the new ati card. Shame as it will be my last DX9 card until vista is out and DX10 cards have gone two generations in.

Mr. Smith

when wil we see this game in motion??? in still shots it looks awsome but i want more, i want to see a trailer, that cant be that difficult.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
It looks good but nothing more. The lighting are amazing but that's about it. I'm expecting this game to be fun as hell, though.

Cdammen

LevelNth said:
I'm really starting to dig the art design of this game; very unique. Looks great.
Yeah, art deco really lends itself well to this suboceanic complex. It certainly does look unique, yes sir. The game's a looker from a style point of view and there's no doubt that this software will be saturated with atmosphere. I just hope that the sound is on par with that of System Shock 2, but there's really no doubt that it won't be as immersive. This is a GotY in the making :)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Bud said:
Aren't these just 360 screens?
Now when I think about it, it really doesn't matter if they're 360 screens or not. I'm sure the game will look as good on the PS3 anyway :).

bud

Seiken said:
Now when I think about it, it really doesn't matter if they're 360 screens or not. I'm sure the game will look as good on the PS3 anyway :).

The PS3 version will have more light sources. On the bad side, it will have bad textures because the os takes up 500mb of ram.

The title needs a change to atleast PS3/360 then

The game looks like my type of game, oddly enough when i see FPS games the first thing i think about these days is how would it work with the Wii remote.

bud

m0dus said:
Um, dude? Just because some developer from the Call of Duty team said they're adding a couple more lightsources to the PS3 version of their game, it doesn't automatically mean EVERY PS3 port is going to have "more lightsources" :) assuming so is just silly--the devs will utilize everything at their disposal to make the game look good on each piece of hardware, not shove as much shit onscreen just because they can.

The game will look good, leave it at that.

Did you read the last part and think that, maybe, I was joking?

duk

Banned
m0dus said:
Um, dude? Just because some developer from the Call of Duty team said they're adding a couple more lightsources to the PS3 version of their game, it doesn't automatically mean EVERY PS3 port is going to have "more lightsources" :) assuming so is just silly--the devs will utilize everything at their disposal to make the game look good on each piece of hardware, not shove as much shit onscreen just because they can.

The game will look good, leave it at that.

he was being sarcastic

Mau ®

I don't care if these are PS3 or not. Im buying the game (for PS3). This game is gonna be the horror game of 2007. Mark my words

Yoshichan

inthezone said:
I don't care if these are PS3 or not. Im buying the game (for PS3). This game is gonna be the horror game of 2007. Mark my words
Now when you mentionen the horror game 2007: I hope Akira announces Silent Hill 5, exklusive PS3 at TGS >_>.

Mau ®

Seiken said:
Now when you mentionen the horror game 2007: I hope Akira announces Silent Hill 5, exklusive PS3 at TGS >_>.

Oh well, if SH5 hits stores in 2007 then I might edit my previous comment :D

And yeah I'd love to see SH5 as a PS3 exclusive and if the PS3 game the SH Team is working on is SH5 then :D

They always hinted SH5 was going to be an exclusive game BTW. They never said which plataforms though...

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Rabid Pancake said:
Poor console gamers... they think Slient Hill is scary. You know nothing of fear.

shodan.jpg

Dude...Space Hulk. Nuff said.

Cdammen

Rabid Pancake said:
Poor console gamers... they think Slient Hill is scary. You know nothing of fear.

http://www.sshock2.com/ss2mmdb/artwork/shodan.jpg
Stop reminding me man, I still go them shivers... I played it for the first time a couple of months ago with all those visual unofficial beautification patches installed and the game scared me nuts! The aural atmosphere was terrifyingly tense. People stare at the Bioshock screens commenting the visuals but they forget that Irrational Games / Looking Glass (R.I.P.) do sounds (and gameplay) like gods.

jedimike

Here's a couple more that were posted on the 12th, but I didn't see them on the forum... I hope we get a trailer on XBL Marketplace ;)

1158065142.jpg

1158065143.jpg

Rabid Pancake said:

shodan.jpg
Truest thing I've heard, today. Silent Hill used to scare the living shit out of me, but GODDAMN! When I played System Shock 2, I was put on edge to no end. No game has frightened me as much as SS2. I was amazed.

I don't know why everyone is saying that Bioshock is coming to the PS3. I don't remember Irrational Games saying anything about it.

Top Bottom