• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls 3 review

Makareu

I dont know when the embargo is supposed to lift but a review from a french website (not a small one) just popped.

gamekult review (in french)

Verdict : it is a masterpiece, only con being the UI. 9/10

edit : as pointed out below, it is from an imported copy, so no embargo involved

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
How could they review all the parts of the game without understanding any of the text?

I'm sure they understood the meanings at least. Knowing that 集中力 means Attunement is basically irrelevant.

raven777

went google translate and

-Une bande son magistrale
-Durée de vie excellente

which translates to

-A masterful his band
-excellent life

what does these 2 mean?

Shibalan

Quick translation of pros and cons :

Pro :
- Great conclusion to the saga
- Breathtaking panoramas
- A rich and coherent world
- Fight mechanics improved
- Memorable bosses
- A masterly soundtrack
- Excellent length

Con :
- The UI could be better
- That's all !

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
How could they review all the parts of the game without understanding any of the text?
It is really not a big factor if you've played the previous Souls games. Plus, there are a lot of DS3 user guides out there which provide basic translations.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)

-Durée de vie excellente

which translates to

-A masterful his band
-excellent life

what does these 2 mean?

Replayability? Is it game life or game length since the game isn't actually that long.

Don't even need to know the details (thanks for it though)

I already know this is my GOTY,

god this game is going to eat me uppppp.....!

Protome

ReadersGambit have a review up too. They did the Xbox One trick and reviewed it without online or the day one patch, but they have a note of that and say they'll update it when that stuff is up.

I imagine we'll see a lot of the smaller sites who didn't get review copies putting up reviews this weekend.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member

-Durée de vie excellente

which translates to

-A masterful his band
-excellent life

what does these 2 mean?

The game is about a musician who forms a band to fulfil his dreams of becoming a rock star, everything goes to plan and his life is now excellent. The end.

Hypron

-Durée de vie excellente

which translates to

-A masterful his band
-excellent life

what does these 2 mean?

LES PLUS - The Pros
Superbe conclusion de la saga - Superb conclusion to the series
Des panoramas à couper le souffle - Breathtaking scenery
Un monde riche et cohérent - A rich and coherent world
Un système de combat amélioré - An improved combat system
Des boss mémorables - Memorable bosses
Une bande son magistrale - A masterful soundtrack
Durée de vie excellente - Excellent length

LES MOINS - The cons
L'interface, toujours perfectible - The interface can always be improved upon
C'est tout ! - That's all

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
The game actually isn't that long so I'm surprised that's a pro for them. I guess none are particularly that long though.

Quick translation of pros and cons :

Pro :
- Great conclusion to the saga
- Breathtaking panoramas
- A rich and coherent world
- Fight mechanics improved
- Memorable bosses
- A masterly soundtrack
- Excellent length

Con :
- The UI could be better
- That's all !

Wonder if the ost will be as good as bloodbornes.

Plum

The game actually isn't that long so I'm surprised that's a pro for them. I guess none are particularly that long though.

I'm glad. I much prefer the length of BB and DaS1 to the length of 2. That game really dragged on and replays are tough because of it.

kromeo

I thought about that but I was surprised no other gaming outlets published a review yet (especially with the Xbox store trick).

They need to keep a good relationship with developers, bypassing embargoes would only piss them off

Caayn

Not ExServ though :p
Isn't the XB1 version in English though in Japan ?
XB1 version in Japan is still in Japanese. However due to the way XBL works is that you can buy a Japanese version and you'll get instantly access to every other version (including the English version that isn't yet released).

Shibalan

Reading the review, this is more about the great replay value of the game than the actual lenght of the "campaign".

Soriku

Two? Each one as big as the Blooodborne DLC or more like the DkS2 DLC (which had 3)?

We don't have any details on them, but I'm guessing bigger/more content BB since this is Dark Souls and they decided to have two of them compared to BB's one. The DkS2 DLCs were lengthier than BB's, added together.

Top Bottom