• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 07 Xbox 360, new screens and impressions

Zave

Some of the new shots:

FIFA360_11%5B210906%5D.jpg

FIFA360_13%5B210906%5D.jpg

FIFA360_7%5B210906%5D.jpg

Other shots:
http://gamesradar.futuregamer.it/ga...eid=71949&_sectiontypeid=20&_subsectionid=174

Impressions:
Unfortunately, the preview is in italian, so... no big deal for you. :p
Anyway, I've spent this morning playing the game, and really is something different from the current gen versions. Luxurious graphic and some new and interesting animation. Delicious new collisions between the player that makes the game more realistic and... "heavy".
EA intends to support 4 player online mode (PES 6 on Xbox 360 only has a 2 player online mode). And so on.
Definitely worthing a try when it's coming out (27th October in Europe).

Zave

Yep, seven leagues (Italy, France, England, Germany, Spain, Holland, Mexico), a bunch of national teams and some "extra teams" (all time greatest players, Juventus and so on).

hadareud

The Translator
I really like the look of this game now, the new animation system does sound very good too.

I was considering buying it until I heard about the league bullshit. Now PES6 will be the only footy game I'll get this year (unless I find FIFA somewhere really cheap).

swander

**** Barcelona, they got their sponsorship deal sorted like a week before the season started and now none of the football games are accurate! So inconsiderate...

kallisto76 said:
it looks really good, but in the 360 version there are only few leagues...
yeah cause that's more important than how it looks and plays right... being able to play as Kidderminster Harriers is all that matters.

Orodreth

The crowd is not as bad as in Tiger Woods but it doesnt look very good and needs much more diversity.

Take a look at the first pic, i swear i can see gungans there.

Mr. Smith

even if it looked like real live i wouldnt care much. the fifa series is going down since fifa 98. the gameplay is so bad it could be done on the psone. on the other hand pes plays like a dream, and the animation is on such a high level its like watching a real soccer match. the only thing it is missing are the looks. since pes 6 looks like a port of the ps2 game i have high hopes that pes 7 will look like king, since they develop it for the ps3 in mind im sure it will look really good, lets hope they port it to the x360 and dont get time exclusive for sony till then.

Mr. Smith said:
even if it looked like real live i wouldnt care much. the fifa series is going down since fifa 98. the gameplay is so bad it could be done on the psone. on the other hand pes plays like a dream, and the animation is on such a high level its like watching a real soccer match. the only thing it is missing are the looks. .

Dude, the whole point of the thread is that someone who has played it says the gameplay is much improved over previous versions. What about that aren`t you getting?

cae

RaijinFY said:
Too bad, these arent in-game, there are renders. EA am lose!

Nah, why? Looks like gameplay sshots.

As with the trend, FIFA 07 will improve graphics and gameplay, but still won't play as good as PES. But they're getting closer.

I'd buy this, but it's clear I won't be paying for a full game. Any money says the missing leagues and satdiums will all be available as premium DLC a few months after launch.

eso76

Zave said:
Unfortunately, the preview is in italian, so... no big deal for you. :p

Well, unless some nice guy like myself bothers translating.

It basically says it looks exceptional and feels like what you would expect from a next gen installment of the series.
There's only 7 leagues (compared to current gen's cantrememberhowmany) because they had to re-design every footballer from scratch and they'd rather have less leagues than having to re-use old assets.

page 2

Basically, they say they're perfectly aware that most readers are kind of pissed of reading "this year's edition of FIFA really is different from past efforts and represents a huge improvement for the series" only to find the game is basically still the same.
They also point out how strict their attitude is towards the series.
That said, they seemed to like the new controls, the way you control the ball, the completely revised physics. The game still moves at a slower pace compared to PES which however, they think, allowes for better strategies. Passes are not as 'automatic' as they used to be, instead you have to carefully control speed and direction.

page 3

Shoots are not as precise and quick as they'd want. Ball and player are now handled as two distinct object by the physics and this makes things quite a bit different when you try to steal the ball from someone, also 'clashes' between players are much more believable.
It's kind of hard to place the player exactly where the ball is supposed to land.
Overall, they claim the game is much more fun than before.
What else...uhmm...EA is aiming for 4 players support through xboxlive.
that's all i think

Tchu-Espresso

likes mayo on everthing and can't dance
Looks fine by me. I wont buy it though. I dont like the idea of buying almost the same game every year so when it comes down to it the time that i do buy a soccer game it will be PES.

ChrisAllenFiz said:
Dude, the whole point of the thread is that someone who has played it says the gameplay is much improved over previous versions. What about that aren`t you getting?

Somebody says that every single year.

Tchu-Espresso

likes mayo on everthing and can't dance
fifa improves probably 2% more than PES does every year, but its coming from so far behind that it will take another 20 years of catching up.

eso76

Stoney Mason said:
Somebody says that every single year.

yeah, the preview even states how they perfectly know "this is what gamers have to read every single year" but they also go on and say "this time, though, it's the truth !"...which is another thing you get to read every single year.

Fatalah

Hey, just remember kids:

IN EA CANADA, WE TRUST.

They singlehandedly saved the EA's baseball series, they're doing the same for soccer.

(Hmmm. Only 9 teams....more development time to work on MVP NCAA baseball!??)

Zave

eso76 said:
yeah, the preview even states how they perfectly know "this is what gamers have to read every single year" but they also go on and say "this time, though, it's the truth !"...which is another thing you get to read every single year.
:(

i would get mad about the whole league thing, but i honestly don't know shit about any of the foreign leagues so its not like it'll make **** all of a difference to me. i usually play as the national teams anyway.

cae

The Black Brad Pitt said:
fifa improves probably 2% more than PES does every year, but its coming from so far behind that it will take another 20 years of catching up.

Not really. FIFA improved a lot since 2004; before that it was almost unplayable since '98. Now its actually a good game, only not as good as PES. WE/PES, on the other hand, doesn't improves at all, just tweaks what already is established. And they tweak it less and less by each version...

Top Bottom