• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Todd Stashwick non-comments on rumors about Visceral's Star Wars game genre

Banned
I thought the consensus was a third person action adventure like uncharted or tomb raider but with Star Wars? Where did the open world rpg rumor come from?

BiggNife

I thought the consensus was a third person action adventure like uncharted or tomb raider but with Star Wars? Where did the open world rpg rumor come from?

Yeah, I was under the impression it was going to be an Uncharted-like the whole time.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I was under the impression that it was an action adventure game that had some RPG elements like, well, frankly most action adventure games these days, as opposed to a more literal RPG.

I'm assuming the classes thing is for multiplayer or player specialization.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr

I think the open world part came from the job postings of Motive, who is working on both this, but also a new IP open world game.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Where is it? I need more Star Wars in my life

It's looking like Fall 2017, or at least that fiscal year (starts April 2017).

EA has already announced that their non-sports, non-mobile major title line-up through March 2017 is Mirror's Edge, Titanfall 2, Battlefield 5, and Mass Effect: Andromeda.

dex3108

To be hones he said: "If you ask internet we are working on open world RPG Han Solo game and we said nothing about that." He never said that it is not something of those things. :D

Banned
I was under the impression that it was an action adventure game that had some RPG elements like, well, frankly most action adventure games these days, as opposed to a more literal RPG.

I'm assuming the classes thing is for multiplayer or player specialization.
Most likely. I didn't even hear rpg like Elements in the rumors. Perhaps like tomb raider XP for unlocking abilities and salvage to upgrade weapons.
Yeah, I was under the impression it was going to be an Uncharted-like the whole time.
Yup.
I think the open world part came from the job postings of Motive, who is working on both this, but also a new IP open world game.
Ah, an easy mistake to make.
Good. I want a linear cinematic Star Wars adventure.
Me too.

Auctopus

Can't they just formally announce this game?

Wouldn't make it come out any faster.

Plus, it would lead to GAF threads like...

"Anyone else concerned about how *Amy Hennig's Star Wars game* looks?"
"When are we getting more info on *Amy Hennig's Star Wars game*?"

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Most likely. I didn't even hear rpg like Elements in the rumors. Perhaps like tomb raider XP for unlocking abilities and salvage to upgrade weapons.

Similarly I can understand how someone would read this job posting as an RPG: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1155440

visceral games said:
senior systems designer– visceral games

The challenge ahead:
Bring your system game design skills and savvy and your love of star wars to visceral games, embracing and contributing to the project vision in areas of hero control/mechanics, ai behaviors, combat/weapons, class design, skills/progression, enemy design, story and boss encounters.

That said, this also fits with regular action/adventure games these days.

Ydelnae

I always thought it was going to have a The Last Of Us approach, with RPG elements like crafting and abilities/skills but still being an adventure game.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Surprise! Its an infinite runner where you are constantly flying an X Wing down the ravine in the Death Star looking for that exhaust port. That or a clone of Bejeweled where you have to match three Storm Trooper helmets in a row to get points.

I want this to be Uncharted like.

Would love to see what Frostbite 3 or whatever fancy tech they are doing will do with this formula.

Duxxy3

Hopefully it's a third person linear shooter. Ideally the location would be on a large ship. You would play as a technician called... Matt. A horrible accident occurs and it's up to you and your team to fix it, with the only tools available - laser cutters.

I think it could work.

zsynqx

That's not what was said. He just said that they haven't confirmed what type of game they are making yet.

He didn't say that. He said that those rumours did not come out of Visceral and when pushed he didn't deny it. He just said again that those rumours didn't come from them.

This

Akai__

It's looking like Fall 2017, or at least that fiscal year (starts April 2017).

EA has already announced that their non-sports, non-mobile major title line-up through March 2017 is Mirror's Edge, Titanfall 2, Battlefield 5, and Mass Effect: Andromeda.

Then I expect a reveal/teaser or whatever at this years E3.

Top Bottom