• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jason Schreier is writing a video game book about dev cycles & people who make them

Tripon

At HarperCollins Eric Meyers took North American rights at auction to a currently untitled book about video game development by Jason Schreier. The author is a news editor at Kotaku, a Gawker-owned website about gaming. The book was sold by Inkwell Management’s Charlie Olsen and is about, he said, “the often bumpy development cycles of high-profile games and the colorful personalities that shepherd them along the path from concept to release.” The book is set for fall 2017.

http://www.publishersweekly.com/pw/...e/69906-book-deals-week-of-april-11-2016.html

XgzZH6A.png

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/718598901297725441

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Schreier is good folk. Looking forward to it!

Hagi

Should be called "Lazy Devs?"

Really interested in the behind the scenes going ons when it comes to development so hopefully this turns out good.

kyser73

This'll be great, hopefully will give people a much better idea of the technical & management sides of development like project management, and how dev/publisher relations work

Haven't looked forward to a book like this in a year at least. The interview / discovery process for writing this must be amazing.

Vire

Sounds amazing, I hope he gets some more insight from Square Enix. Sounds like Tabata is borderline shortening his lifespan.

Oh man, do want. There's so many games especially recent large titles I want to understand the development of, along with decisions made that created very polarized communities.

Bring us the goods you sneaky press fuck.

ZehDon

Sounds like it would be a terrific read. His Destiny article was one of the best I've read in quite some time.

jschreier

Thanks, guys. Pretty stoked about this. The list of games I'm going to cover isn't finalized yet, so if you have any requests, feel free to post them here. (Can't make any promises, of course - some stories will be difficult if not impossible to uncover.)

I'll probably be pretty quiet about this project for the rest of the year as I report/write, but expect to hear lots more in 2017!

dzelly

That's great. Hopefully it does well. Would love to see it hit the charts and for tons of people to learn about game development.

Thanks, guys. Pretty stoked about this. The list of games I'm going to cover isn't finalized yet, so if you have any requests, feel free to post them here. (Can't make any promises, of course - some stories will be difficult if not impossible to uncover.)

I'll probably be pretty quiet about this project for the rest of the year as I report/write, but expect to hear lots more in 2017!

Every Final Fantasy past 11.

Scuttlebutt, I neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeds it. :D

Top Bottom