• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New PS4 3.50 Update is causing all sorts of problems !

Sony recently released a new system update 3.50 for PlayStation 4 that was expected to bring several social features, Remote Play support for PC and Mac. The update was supposed to make the user experience better, however, some console users have complained of issues they had to face following its installation.

Many PS4 users have taken to PlayStation Forums voicing their complaints and the issues they faced after installing the update.

Here is a list of issues:

-> Microphone not working on third party headset after update 3.50 — Several players have reported on the Forum posts that their third party headsets are not working, for some it's the Apple headset, for others it's Bose.

-> HULU not working — After updating their consoles to update 3.50, HULU service to many PS4 users is not working. They are receiving error messages.

-> PS4 randomly entering rest mode — Soon after installing the update, the PS4 console goes randomly into rest mode. The issue was followed by a bleeping sound for many.

-> PS4 heating up issue — Console users have complained that after the update their PS4 is heating up more than it used to.

-> Green line on top of Media Player when playing videos — Some users have found a green line on top of the Media Player when playing the video.

-> Remote Play Accessibility not working — Following the installation of the update, some PS4 users tried the new Remote Play for PC and Mac but, "custom button assignment on the PS4 is not carrying over to the remote PC or Mac" said one user in a post.

-> PS4 not booting up after installing the update — Several PS4 users have complained about the console not booting up after the update. They noted that this is happening even though they have tried downloading via regular download method and safe menu update.

jennetics

I haven't updated to 3.50 yet because of stuff like this. Here's hoping they iron out these wrinkles quick if it's affecting a bunch of people.

I wasn't able to download and install the update at first. Was giving me an error code but everything else worked fine once it was installed.

-> Green line on top of Media Player when playing videos — Some users have found a green line on top of the Media Player when playing the video.

I have this exact problem. All videos have green line on top and colours are all wierd.
Like this(not my picture):
c75oJrEh.jpg

What a fucking mess....

My download times got super shitty recently (after a year of been solid). I guess I will blame 3.50

It is taking 1 hour to download a 100MB file currently.

_woLf

Huh, mine has randomly gone into rest mode a couple times since I got the update. I just assumed it reset a setting and I was too lazy to change it.

Needs more stability, imo.

Muffdraul

-> PS4 randomly entering rest mode — Soon after installing the update, the PS4 console goes randomly into rest mode. The issue was followed by a bleeping sound for many.

Mines been doing that for ages. Auto-ejects discs, too. Powering completely down and unplugging for a few minutes seem to solve the problem... for a few days.

I'm good,
I recommend taking out the discs if you are not going to be playing them for a while.
Example you are currently playing a psn game of your hard rive and you have a disc inside, sometimes it will spin or continue to spin without you even accessing the game.

Taker34

Banned
Playing Rainbow Six Siege while being offline gives you a constant stream of error messages. After every completed match an error message will kick you back into the main menu. Chances are that connecting to a lobby will result in error messages as well.

I never realized that offline mode caused these problems during the entire Beta... and I thought something was wrong with my installed game data...

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
Haven't had any problems.....yet. Quite the contrary. Before the update messages kept coming with the date stamp f on the day before. Now they come with the correct time stamp.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Mine hasn't been randomly going into Rest, but I noticed that putting into Rest once did produce some weird beeping after.

Kyrios

The PlayStation forums always have a bunch of people complaining that said firmware update broke their system. That has been going on since the PS3 days.

All fine over here so far.

Ducktail

I can confirm that my iphone headset no longer works after 3.50, though it does on other devices.

I can also confirm that the noise fan is louder than before. I have a launch PS4.

WarWolf

Just reporting no problems for me.

Looking at the link you posted the only problem with any real amount of posts is the mic thing.

Uco

Neo Member
Didn't try Remote Play yet, but I had none of those problems, and I even felt downloads were faster than they used to

I got a slightly noisier fan and some lag in the menus.

I can actually hear the high pitch fan sound when using Now TV. Was silent before.

I also have the new model that came out in October/November.

Venuspower

I don't have any of these issues.
Even 3rd Party Headsets are working fine at the moment (Upgraded from Beta Firmware).

Maybe it will help to initialize the console.

Hasney

Fine here at the moment. Apple headset thing is weird as they shouldn't have been working in the first place since the grooves are different to the standard, but to patch out if it was working for some is strange. Wonder if Apple or whoever want royalties for using it.

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
I did encounter some performance issues earlier, don't know if it was related to this or just because I was doing a bunch of OS stuff while running the Uncharted Collection. Took a while to recover.

I can confirm that my iphone headset no longer works after 3.50, though it does on other devices.

I can also confirm that the noise fan is louder than before. I have a launch PS4.

If you unplug and plug in the headset repeatedly, really quick, like without fully unplugging it, after about 10 tries it'll work. I've had to do this every night and it's ridiculous.

Everything is smooth for me. (Thank God)

Don't have any problems

Haven't had any problems.....yet.

Just chiming in to say I've had no issues on my end

I don't have any of these issues.
Even 3rd Party Headsets are working fine at the moment (Upgraded from Beta Firmware).

Maybe it will help to initialize the console.

Mine has had none of those issues. (UK/EU)

So no problems with the green line on top of Media Player when playing videos ?

It's not working for me, for my brother and for my friend. That's three different consoles and we all have the same issues after the update.

MilesTeg

Banned
Fine here at the moment. Apple headset thing is weird as they shouldn't have been working in the first place since the grooves are different to the standard, but to patch out if it was working for some is strange. Wonder if Apple or whoever want royalties for using it.

It sounds awful for everyone else. I would be happy if its gone. The stock ps4 mic sounds amazing by comparison.

My Hulu app isn't working. Says something about a disk drive error. I'll post a screenshot when I get home.

I tried deleting it and reinstalling and I get the same error.

I had a lot of Rest Mode problems and crashes in the 3.50 beta, but the official release has been excellent to me. I use [wireless] headphones at night without issues, and Hulu has been working without a hitch as well.

spectator

I have the headset/mic issue. I can also confirm that the commonly cited fix for this issue (plug and unplug your headphones rapidly a few times) works for me, as well.

Top Bottom