• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So basically never work on a movie with Jared Leto (used condoms and anal beads)

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.eonline.com/news/756288/jared-leto-sent-used-condoms-and-anal-beads-to-his-suicide-squad-co-stars-yup-you-read-that-right

"I did a lot of things to create a dynamic to create an element of surprise, a spontaneity and to really break down any kind of walls that may be there," the Oscar winner told me while promoting the movie at CinemaCon in Las Vegas. "The Joker is somebody who doesn't really respect things like personal space or boundaries."

So he basically sent his coworkers a bunch of shit. Among the other things sticky Playboy magazines, live rats and a dead pig. As Will Smith so eloquently put it "Jared went full Joker. And the rule generally is never go full Joker".

It's unknown if the anal beads were also used

akira28

I don't think the Joker has anything to do with any of that. The Joker is not a cast member of the television show "Jackass".

wut it's not even a dead rat. what an edgelord. tries to knock down your boundaries and get in your head by giving you a small creature to care for.

everything about him in this role is so fucking embarrassing

STAHP

love the appearance and the glimpses of the performance but yeah leto is cornball as hell.

this is what you get though when you contract the lead singer of 30 seconds to mars to play the joker. thankfully he's a great actor so it counteracts this nonsense.

akira28

murderous character who paints his face like a clown and laughs all the time is "edgy try hard"

breaking news.

well jared was never convicted, and those witnesses died from sort of natural causes. I mean, if you get eaten by a large carnivore, that's natural isn't it?

Cipherr

wi1wIV4.gif

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So long as it was only his um... "used" stuff, I don't see an issue beyond a huge health hazard. If the cast is (mostly) fine with it: whatever?

Still weird as hell to send sticky Playboys and used condoms, though. The rat and dead pig? No problem.

None of the acts described are in fitting with the comic character. But you probably already know that.

Surprise, DCEU has been trying to be "edgy try-hard" for ages now. Where have you been?

None of the acts described are in fitting with the comic character. But you probably already know that.

yeah no doubt but he's corny anyways. i'm just saying edgy try hard actor playing edgy try hard character is not exactly a sign of an impending disaster.

the things daniel day lewis does are even wackier...

I feel like he isn't trying too hard to be Joker.....he's trying too hard to be Heath Ledger being Joker.

I like Leto though, so we'll see....

I remember when Aaron Eckhart starred in that 'I,Frankenstein' dumpster fire and bragged about how he copied Ledger's Joker preparation for the role lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom