• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghostbusters (PS4/Xbox One/PC) Trailer [July 12]

KalBalboa

Banned
D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Ouch. I hoped for a sorta-sequel to the very underrated "Ghostbusters: The Video Game", but this is way less exciting.

Jedi2016

"Tied to the new movie"... that alone just makes me want to go back and replay the last game. That one was actually Ghostbusters.

Doesn't look all that bad to me from the trailer. I like the art style.

Crossing my fingers it isn't a terrible cash-in (but odds are it is).

Camjo-Z

I'd rather they just up-port the recent Ghostbusters game instead TBH...

Or just rerelease the Genesis game. That was pretty sweet.

FelipeMGM

Looks like Sanctum of Slime. Oy.

Edit: called that this wouldn't be a AAA or retail game months back.

I think it is a retail game

635962080322997212-Ghostbusters-PS4-FOB.png

FelipeMGM

There will also be a mobile game

Another game, Ghostbusters: Slime City, is also expected to launch in July. The mobile app is meant for select iPhone, iPad and iPod touch devices via the App Store, select Android devices via Google Play and select Kindle devices through the Amazon Appstore.

Slightly off-topic, I watched someone on YouTube play Ghostbusters 2 for the Amiga. That might be the worst GB game hands down.

LOL, has a cast of Ghostbusters more diverse than ANY of the movies.

Other than that... meh. Like the idea of a "Ghost School", though. Someone should do something with that concept. It should be wasted on this and that NES game "Ghoul School". Gimme those fond memories of Gravedale High!

Handy Fake

That just sums up what's wrong with the new movie. Moved away from a character-led adventure to a cartoon CG-fest.

*grumble*

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Yup. That's a mobile game if I ever saw one.

Seriously, folks, just go play Ghostbusters: The Video Game from a few years back. It runs great on PC and actually feels like Ghostbusters.

Yep, it's great. It's only $10 and often drops to $5.

Cardon

Was really hoping they would just do a port/upgrade to the GB arcade game Raw Thrills made. This new game looks like complete tripe.

Ah, shame. I'm a huge Ghostbusters fan in general and liked the one that came out in 2009, but never bothered with Sanctum of Slime. I would have probably picked up something like the 2009 TPS. Not super down with co-op twin stick type deals and I also don't care for the Real Ghostbusters cartoon-y approach over a more mature theme.

Henkka

Banned
So Ghostbusters with some random characters that aren't from the original films, cartoon or even the new reboot. Yeah, it's not like the characters are important in Ghostbusters. It's mostly the novelty of firing a laser at a ghost, that's what made the franchise big in the first place.

Top Bottom