• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aurion: Legacy of The Kori-Odan |OT| Bless the rains down in Auriona

maxresdefault.jpg

Developer: Kiro’o Games (Cameroon)
Publisher: Plug-In-Digital Label
Platforms: PC
Release Date: April 14th 2016
Genre: 2D Action RPG
Twitter: @KIROOGames
Store: Steam

Synopsis
Aurion is an epic action RPG set in a wonderful African Fantasy world with a unique, open and dynamic fighting gameplay.

Enzo Kori-Odan, prince of Zama city suffers a coup d’état conspired by his brother-in-law Ngarba Evou on his coronation and wedding day with Erine Evou. Exiled in shame, the royal couple travels the world, gain strength, and assemble their Aurionic Legacy, in hopes to return to Zama and claim what was taken from them.

Beyond retrieving their position, the fallen royal couple will particularly discover the geopolitical and existential dilemmas attached to their roles of King and Queen.

Aurion is an action-packed journey that will bring our two heroes across the entirety of a beautiful, uniquely rendered African fantasy world. Rich in detail carefully designed and fully realized in scope, the world of Aurion stands apart from most any other video game universe.​

Media
Launch Trailer
Climbing, Combo, Menu and Isao City
12 years development history
Kiro'o Games Making Of

Images
aurion_game_by_digi_matrix-d9z17s4.gif

RadiantBetterGoose.gif

IckyBareChevrotain.gif

screenshot03.png

screenshot21.png

erine_evou_by_digi_matrix-d9z1a7x.png

screenshot24.png

screenshot26.png

151223155619-cameroon-video-game-aurion-fantasy-exlarge-169.jpg

lqDmvQ6.gif

soultron

Banned
Got my KS copy this week, just trying to find the time to play it. Really glad they finished and delivered on time!

Ashtar

Can I buy it direct from the developer? I know I'll never play it on pc but if it sells well then maybe we can get a ps4 port as well.

Apdiddy

Looks amazing. I guess the question should be asked, will it take a lot before PS4 and Xbox One get a version too and is there nothing a hundred men (and women) could ever do?

I've installed the game, but will have to find time to play it tomorrow.

In terms of purchasing, Steam is the only platform option, but you can get codes elsewhere.

Looks amazing. I guess the question should be asked, will it take a lot before PS4 and Xbox One get a version too and is there nothing a hundred men (and women) could ever do?

As to this? Aurion would basically need to exceed any and all expectations and get some major kudos for it. At the very least, they would need to get devkits, which is a whole bunch of hurdles for any indie company, let alone one from Cameroon.

It's a pretty interesting world, refreshing.

Quite a bit of depth to the combat which can be slightly overwhelming (health/AP/stamina bars, Aurionic mode, Aurionic attacks, blocking, charging, dashing, juggling) especially when you're getting tutorial tooltips during the first boss battle with your brother-in-law Ngarba.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5iba32MvyE (can't wait to fight alongside Nama, what a badass intro to her combat)

The screen can get cluttered and took me a while to start paying attention to the things that mattered like my stats or building towards the Aurionic Ultimate Legacy move on the top left which is why I died the first time with the boss. The game's very DBZ/Naruto/Avatar where you're charging to get into the Aurionic mode with its own set of attacks.

Erine is quite a cool character for a wife of a king. The game's more liberal than I expected, getting her stuck into the combat rather than let Enzo do all the work. When she changes from her wedding dress to the battle Moyoni Ukuta outfit, it's a funny moment as Enzo is more conservative about her skin-tight clothes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhqCun5w4YE

aurion_enzo_erine_clothes_conservative_by_digi_matrix-d9z2vud.png

Lime

Game looks cool as hell. I'll pick it up once my schedule opens up a bit more.

EDIT: The 2D rpg game in 2003 looks really neat. I wouldn't mind trying it out.

These boss fights are ridiculous wars of attrition. The boss health bars are the longest I've ever encountered in a videogame. The second boss fight, for 20 of the 30min she's just charging in the corner like some DBZ parody. 3rd boss fight with the Chief Of Koross took me 32 min. About 10 ultimate legacy attacks (the special) used. This is with upgraded gear. Something must be wrong.

CgR8hlqWIAQgNEU.jpg

aurion_nimrud_koross_boss__1__by_digi_matrix-d9zeser.png

Besides that, still enjoying the game and story. Like that the second boss is kind of a feminist and confronts Erine depending on Enzo for protection. There is some interesting political stuff going on here, like immigration and slave trade.

The game really commits to the Japanese ARPG thing of being able to avoid enemies in the world by jumping over them and moving your avatar around on the world map.

...So for what few people were ever interested in this game to begin with...

This is some interesting news. Madiba has confirmed it as legit via his twitter.

This strikes me... as very odd, but very curious. I wouldn't say its like usual cases where the movie rights to a game get snatched up, like with Five Nights at Freddy's, because in that case at least you have a crazy hype train that proved successful for a year. Aurion... really not so much. So I'm curious what got the company's attention here.

This is some interesting news. Madiba has confirmed it as legit via his twitter.

This strikes me... as very odd, but very curious. I wouldn't say its like usual cases where the movie rights to a game get snatched up, like with Five Nights at Freddy's, because in that case at least you have a crazy hype train that proved successful for a year. Aurion... really not so much. So I'm curious what got the company's attention here.

Wow, you need to post this in offtopic.

Ashtar

I saw this and found it rather odd, could actually be really interesting and a new take on fantasy on the other hand it's the same producer as the new Mulan so they might toss out the main character and replace him with a white guy

I was interested in this when I first saw it on Steam before its release, then the reviews came in pretty lukewarm if not outright negative. I haven't paid much attention since but it's still on my wishlist, might give it a shot when I see it on sale. Has it improved?

I was interested in this when I first saw it on Steam before its release, then the reviews came in pretty lukewarm if not outright negative. I haven't paid much attention since but it's still on my wishlist, might give it a shot when I see it on sale. Has it improved?
It was a good game from the start. Get it, its a real solid RPG.

Top Bottom