• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metroid Prime: Federation Force out on Sept. 2 in Europe, August 25th in JP

L~A

Nintendo just announced it via Twitter:

Metroid Prime: Federation Force arrives on Nintendo #3DS on 02/09

https://twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/722756738152316928

North America is August 19th

Also playable at the Nintendo booth is the Metroid Prime: Federation Force game. The sci-fi shooter that finds a squad of up to four players working together to combat space pirates launches exclusively for Nintendo 3DS on Aug. 19.

Japan is August 25th.

https://twitter.com/Nintendo/status/722756709584736257

Looks like it was delayed, in order to improve "game balance" according to JP Twitter.

Oh. No longer a spring game. I wonder if it's to help pad out the release schedule for the second half of the year given that most signs point to no new portable system this year.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
A delayed game is something, something. So it will be the Metroid polished experience that Metroid fans deserve.

Ridley327

NA gets it one week before Japan, on August 19th.

(via PR)
A little weird to see a game release in three regions in three consecutive weeks, but I don't think there's really a great way to launch a title that remains as contentious as this one.

Did they always use the Prime branding? They should have kept it Metroid: Federation Force. No reason to poison the Prime branding.

ZeroX03

Banned
Did they always use the Prime branding? They should have kept it Metroid: Federation Force. No reason to poison the Prime branding.

Yes it was always Metroid Prime. And lol at "poison the branding". The Prime series hasn't seen a title in what, seven years and had a pinball game?

This game should never be released.

Just because you don't want a game doesn't mean you need to be a brat and say nobody should have it.

Metroid Prime is the FPS brand and this is a FPS. Seems to make sense to me. Same as Metroid Prime Hunters.

Okay, I guess that doesn't explain metroid prime pinball.

Jaymageck

Just because you don't want a game doesn't mean you need to be a brat and say nobody should have it.

Next to no one wants it and it's inevitably bad sales will harm a damaged franchise further, depriving fans of an actual Metroid game for even longer.

The game is a mistake. It should not exist. It's existence does more harm than good. If it was going to exist, it should be another franchise, or its own thing.

ZeroX03

Banned
Next to no one wants it and it's inevitably bad sales will harm a damaged franchise further, depriving fans of an actual Metroid game for even longer.

The game is a mistake. It should not exist. It's existence does more harm than good. If it was going to exist, it should be another franchise, or its own thing.

Because cancelling a game wouldn't hurt the franchise either. Get over yourself, calling for a game's cancellation is bullshit no matter what excuses you use to justify it.

I hope they never Release a Metroid Game again, just to spite you.

Perhaps if this game is September, we can get Rhythm Heaven in August Nintendo?

Maybe this game will end up like the devil's third?
as not that bad for a game?
Honestly it looks fine, but I am failing to see why Metroid's name is attached to it. Might as well call it Monster Hunter: Space Edition.
Then again, I felt the same way about Epic Yarn and that turned out to be a fun game even if it had nothing to do with Kirby.

Nightbird

Wow...

Scrawnton

If this also launched in September in American I am going to assume Dragon Quest VII is launching in late July/early August. We already have SMT4 A scheduled for September and FF15 is coming out in September. I doubt Nintendo would crowd DQ7 into September. Crossing fingers for August.

If this also launched in September in American I am going to assume Dragon Quest VII is launching in late July/early August. We already have SMT4 A scheduled for September and FF15 is coming out in September. I doubt Nintendo would crowd DQ7 into September. Crossing fingers for August.

Idealistically I would like DQ7 July, RH:Megamix August, MP:FF September, YW2 October, Pokémon November.

J@hranimo

Banned
should be later as well

We'll probably find out when Nintendo NA wakes up. I can't imagine it being too far ahead if this was delayed for development purposes.

Ah makes sense. Also saw NA will be getting it a week before JPN. Thanks.

This game should never be released.

Oh you're another one of those. Just let the game live. No, I don't think this will kill the Metroid franchise and no I don't also think the game will be amazing but just let the game stand on its own when it releases.

Because cancelling a game wouldn't hurt the franchise either. Get over yourself, calling for a game's cancellation is bullshit no matter what excuses you use to justify it.

Even if his words are extreme, this game makes absolutely no sense. It doesn't cather to the fanbase, it doesn't cather to anyone. It's likely going to bomb and not review well.

Rodin

It really seems they're getting these announcements out of the way now, so hopefully the NX reveal isn't far and the E3 show will focus entirely on that (with like 5 minutes for WiiU/3DS stuff).

Metroid Prime is the FPS brand and this is a FPS. Seems to make sense to me. Same as Metroid Prime Hunters.

Okay, I guess that doesn't explain metroid prime pinball.

Metroid Prime is not an fps.

Scrawnton

Idealistically I would like DQ7 July, RH:Megamix August, MP:FF September, YW2 October, Pokémon November.
They also said monster hunter generations is this summer as well. Kirby is already dated for June, so I'm assuming July and August will see the release of dq7 and monhun, but not sure in what order.

2016 is really the year of the 3DS. It is really going out with a bang.

Also they said DQ8 for a Fall 2016 release. So I bet that's an early December game.

Every month has a big game for 3ds. Amazing for its 5th year on the market. And SNES VC is giving it new weekly excitement. Wonder if Mario RPG is in the pipeline.

They also said monster hunter generations is this summer as well. Kirby is already dated for June, so I'm assuming July and August will see the release of dq7 and monhun, but not sure in what order.

2016 is really the year of the 3DS. It is really going out with a bang.
Indeed. I can see Monster Hunter getting August because it is generally Feb and 2 + 6 = 8.

Camjo-Z

At one point people would have said this about Metroid Prime Pinball, and that turned out awesome. Maybe wait until the game's actually released to declare that it's killed the series.

Scrawnton

Indeed. I can see Monster Hunter getting August because it is generally Feb and 2 + 6 = 8.
And dragon quest 9 was a July release in America. Man, that summer was monumental with playing DQ9 during my college break. I have summer off with my job so id love for DQ7 to release in July so I can sink my teeth in it. There's a nice immortality feeling I have in July.

Top Bottom