• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alternate history WWI RPG/RTS hybrid in development for PC, Xbox One, PS4

Based on the world and art by this man
https://www.artstation.com/artist/jakubrozalski

2016-05-0522_37_32-japcjyt.png

From the comments of one of the pics:

k1qYIVp.png

If it's a mix of both, then it might not be a digital version of the board game he has going on KickStarter.

13083300_1178783125478778_3871166596678058343_n.jpg

World of 1920+ is an alternate version of the world and Europe, of the turn of the XIX and XX century. Period when tradition clashed with modernity, and the world was still full of mysteries and secrets. in the era of the industrial revolution, mankind fascinated by engines, iron and steel, began to experiment and try to build a huge walking machine.

The geopolitical situation is slightly different, but generally there is an alternative view of history, not a fantasy world. There is no magic here, although rumors say that the Tatars from the south can talk to animals and control the wind... but this is probably only figments of the superstitious villagers. The main difference is the alternative vision of technical development at the turn of the century, and thus the presence of powerful walking machine, both in everyday life and on the battlefields.

Like in early twentieth century Europe, the world of 1920+ is full of contrasts, diversity, secrets and unexplored places to discover, world where tradition and life in harmony with nature is slowly being replaced by modernity and technology.

DOWN

Banned
Where did he confirm consoles?

Also RIP the atmosphere of those concepts of this is an RTS, 2D, or isometric

Honestly, I'd hope for a cRPG, so we can get a ton of lore and really explore the world. Because all I want to do right now is learn more about the cultures and how the machines integrate with different walks of life and different tech in different countries and all that

mattvlr

Neo Member
From the comments of one of the pics:

k1qYIVp.png

If it's a mix of both, then it might not be a digital version of the board game he has going on KickStarter.

DOWN

Banned
Huh, no.

Like, to the three of them. Especially isometric and 2D, tho.
I don't think any of those gameplay types capture the sense of perspective, scale, and atmosphere when playing that we see in those shots. That's been my experience with past promising concepts that ended up as those gameplay types.

Some Nobody

The geopolitical situation is slightly different, but generally there is an alternative view of history, not a fantasy world. There is no magic here, although rumors say that the Tatars from the south can talk to animals and control the wind... but this is probably only figments of the superstitious villagers.

This is never a selling point to me. Don't tell me what you don't have, lol.

Still, this game looks neat. I'd love to hear more about it, and hopefully we will soon, one way or another.

fuck RIP this gameplay atmosphere
jakub-rozalski-westerplatte-jr-s.jpg
Let's be honest. Sounds like a smaller title, so expecting a big budget FPS version of this would be unrealistic. Personally, I wish we could get a cRPG style, but an RTS-RPG hybrid could be cool

Really, I care more about being to learn more about the world and explore this setting than the actual gameplay

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Could it be next project from Machine Games?

We can safely assume that Machine Games is working on the sequel to Wolf14 that Anya's voice actor casually confirmed in an interview last year while this apparently an RTS/RPG hybrid, so I very much doubt they're one and the same.

DOWN

Banned
Let's be honest. Sounds like a smaller title, so expecting a big budget FPS version of this would be unrealistic. Personally, I wish we could get a cRPG style, but an RTS-RPG hybrid could be cool

Really, I care more about being to learn more about the world and explore this setting than the actual gameplay
You should edit the title to say board game because people are pouring in guessing which AAA this could be

Ashtar

Been learning about World War I listening to hardcore history, but that aside this looks great I love alternate past stuff can't wait!

Alboreo

Hopefully more RPG and less RTS. I'm picturing a Baldur's Gate-style combat system wherein you control a small unit of mechs in real time, without pausing. Outside of combat you customize your mechs, apply skills from leveling up, etc.

I'm hyping myself up and will be disappointed.

Top Bottom