• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA releasing a new IP in 2017, unveiling soon (presumably E3)

FelipeMGM

Im hearing the call, and If Im not crazy I think he said they will have a new Battlefront product in 2017 as well. Not shocking news if true tho

mnannola

Would a new game set in the Star Wars universe be considered a new IP?

For example, is Knights of the Old Republic it's own IP, or is just considered Star Wars?

chadskin

I presume they mean the Hazelight Studios' first project they announced back in 2014 at The Game Awards. It's coming next year and they're in the trademark registration process currently (see: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1175472).

hazelight.jpg

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I presume they mean the Hazelight Studios' first project they announced back in 2014 at The Game Awards. It's coming next year and they're in the trademark registration process currently (see: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1175472).

hazelight.jpg

While that is a new IP, I'm assuming they're talking about something bigger than a digital download game given they're announcing it as a notable component of next fiscal year.

It's possible they're not though.

Hmmm... probably not BioWare's new IP, right?

I mean, on one hand I would kind of think EA would like BioWare to be pumping out at least one big AAA game per fiscal year but on the other hand wouldn't announcing a big new IP steal the thunder from ME: Andromeda?

Andodalf

Banned
Hmmm... probably not BioWare's new IP, right?

I mean, on one hand I would kind of think EA would like BioWare to be pumping out at least one big AAA game per fiscal year but on the other hand wouldn't announcing a big new IP steal the thunder from ME: Andromeda?

Gotta keep in mind that there are a few biowares now.

My guess is Bioware. The Edminton team has bern working on a new IP since ME3.

I wonder if they'd unveil it while ME:A hype should be in its peak, though. I expect a 2017 reveal with a 2018 launch.

I wonder if EA wants them on a three year cadence so Bioware is putting out a game every year.

Top Bottom