• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

360 BC on Xbox One Can Now Support Multi-Disc Games

Xbox-One-backward-compatibility.jpg

From Reddit

majornelsonMajorNelson 74 points 3 hours ago
I can confirm that the BC team has done work to support multi disc scenarios. Be sure to thank the BC engineers.

Folk figured it was the case when the Director's Cut of Human Revolution got added to the list of 360 game supported on XB1 but it's nice to get confirmation.

Here are some multi-disc games on 360 that never got a digital release in case someone was curious...

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow
Mass Effect 2
Mass Effect 3
Dead Space 2
Dead Space 3
Final Fantasy XIII
The Last Remnant
Blue Dragon
Lost Odyssey
Infinite Undiscovery
Splinter Cell: Blacklist
Star Ocean: The Last Hope
Medal of Honor: Warfighter

lox1j0j.gif

Here are some multi-disc games on 360 that never got a digital release in case someone was curious...
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow
Mass Effect 2
Mass Effect 3
Dead Space 2
Dead Space 3
Final Fantasy XIII
The Last Remnant
Blue Dragon
Lost Odyssey
Infinite Undiscovery
Splinter Cell: Blacklist
Star Ocean: The Last Hope
Medal of Honor: Warfighter

This is important.

Well..I guess it's time to buy Lost Odyssey..
To those who played it: I am not much of an JRPG guy ( I did play a few) but I am all in for good,immersive storytelling experience..will I enjoy this one?

Thanks!

Garlador

Well..I guess it's time to buy Lost Odyssey..
To those who played it: I am not much of an JRPG guy ( I did play a few) but I am all in for good,immersive storytelling experience..will I enjoy this one?

Thanks!
Only game to make this grown man sob like a baby.

It's a very, VERY old-school JRPG, but those Thousand Year Dreams were something else entirely. I'd buy them in paperback form and adore them. They were beautifully written.

Other than that, great visuals, GREAT music, great story and characters...

It's one of my favorite games of all time and easily one of the best JRPGs of the past decade.

Dead Space 2 was 2 discs on 360?
Yep. In fact, the 2nd disc served as a great "extra checkpoint" when doing the 3-save-only run.

shoreu

Phil said a while back on twitter those older games w/o digital releases would be getting them once they got BC

Chris1

Yeah this was known since Deus Ex Directors Cut was added. From what people said, it doesn't even pop up asking you to swap the disc, it just seamlessly switches over to disc 2's content.

Don't know how they managed that but it's genius on MS part.

blakep267

Wait so like is there a way MS could make the games available digitally? Having to hunt down some of these games would make me just lose interest

belushy

Banned
Sweet, bought the Mass Effect Trilogy for X360 a few years back and want to play them on my bone. Hopefully those games get officially supported soon

Top Bottom