• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Single men wash their sheets four times a year

Status
Not open for further replies.
The article is old, but I just saw it via reddit:

While they strip their beds every 3.1 months on average, unattached women change their linen every two-and-a-half weeks – or 26 times a year – a survey found.
The grubbiest group for keeping sheets fresh are those aged 18 to 25, with more than half claiming to change the bed every three months or less.

Those who washed their sheets once a week were mostly aged between 35 and 50.

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2013/08/21/men-w...year-new-survey-claims-3933231/#ixzz490NMvXRk

How many times do you switch your bed sheets?
I do it at least once a month.

About every two months, so 6 times a year.
I sleep in two different apartments so I don't bother changing either sheets that often.

edit: lol, there are people who do it weekly? First time I see that

Arc

Thats so much work... My roommates give me shit for doing it so often and I'm probably washing them every other month.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
You don't wash them. Just buy new ones because you've colored it with your own filth.
two weeks or so

danowat

Banned
Once a week in the summer, twice a week (ish, sometimes once a week) in winter

Not single though, so I guess the question is, would I have such cadence if I was.....

Klyka

Banned
I switch them out like every 4-6 weeks and then wash the old ones.

I always forget about sheets *shrug*

edit: weeks. WEEKS. Not months

Aiii

So not worth it
I have a running Google Agenda note that repeats every 3 weeks to remind me to change them.

TI82

Banned
Once a season since I change between summer and winter sheets... Lol. I wash my pillow case each week though

Single guy I do so every two weeks. Course I don't go to bed dirty so I take a shower before I get in bed.

I do full switch out every 3-4 months. As in a totally different sheet set. I love my leopard print sheets but get tired of seeing them after a while.

I wash my sheets every two weeks. Well I have 3 sets, so I change to a new one while washing the old one.

I wonder what the stats are for washing their towel and wash cloth.

Until I was around 25 once every three months or so was probably accurate for me. It was gross.

Now, roughly once a month in the winter, and every other week in the summer.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Dirty motherfuckers.

Once a week except in the winter where I might go once every two weeks when it's really chilly.

Weekly is a necessity if you live in a warm place, use white sheets (otherwise they stain over time) or sleep with somebody else.

Edit: Some festering folks ITT.

Yerp. Even a lightly colored sheet will hide the muck better, but if one insists on white... well, good news is that you can always bleach the crap outta it i guess.

To be fair, if folks sleep with full body pajamas, the time can be considerably prolongued. Real question then becomes how often those get washed.

As for the edit, surprising no one, rly.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Once a month? Maybe?

This is one of those threads where A types swarm to freak out about other people not being A types.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Should be DAILY. It's basically underwear. Do you not wash your underwear, socks, or undershirts every single day?

All of you are fucking disgusting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom