• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

new FFXI expansion dir. by Koichi Ogawa confirmed

nothing huge, but Gamewatch has an interview that confirms that SE is indeed working on a 4th expansion for FFXI and Koichi Ogawa (lead designer of the original Brave Fencer Musashi) will again be in charge as with Aht Uhrgan. [for reference, Zilart and the original FFXI release were directed by Koichi Ishii (creator of the Mana/Seiken series, now working on Dawn of Mana) and Promathia by Nobuaki Koumoto (a planner for FF9 and Xenogears)]

Sallokin

AU was actually a really fun expansion. The game needs some serious overhauling though, you can't just keep adding dungeons and jobs. It's still pretty monotonus after all is said and done. Either make the game more soloable, or increase the maximum party size so that more jobs get utilized.

ronito

Sallokin said:
The game needs some serious overhauling though, you can't just keep adding dungeons and jobs. It's still pretty monotonus after all is said and done. Either make the game more soloable, or increase the maximum party size so that more jobs get utilized.
Amen verily.

I tried to go back and play FFXI again a few weeks ago and quickly remembered all the reasons I left. Unless they overhaul the whole freaking game seems like adding an expansion is like adding spoiler rims on an old car that barely runs.

Belfast

I'll always have a soft spot for FFXI, but these are indeed the barriers that keep me from ever getting back into the game. I've tried, three or four times, and I don't think I'm going to make that effort again.

Top Bottom