• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

YouTube/Geoff Keighley hosting 12 hour E3 stream, and YouTube gets new E3 hub

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Quick Breakdown:
- There's a 12 hour livestream on Monday, though they're also livestreaming the conferences on Sunday and the Zelda event on Monday.
- There's a new hub coming at https://gaming.youtube.com/e3 that will hold all E3 related YouTube videos as separated by game and publisher.
- There will also be links to and an archive of all sorts of livestreams there.

geoff-keighley-930x45qwuqz.jpg

VentureBeat said:
YouTube Gaming is going all-in at the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3), the big game trade show in Los Angeles starting June 12. Last year, YouTube drew millions of gamers to its livestream of events, such as the fan event where Bethesda unveiled Fallout 4.

This year, YouTube Gaming will blanket the show with coverage again with dozens of livestreams scheduled throughout the week on a new event page just for E3. And YouTube Gaming is teaming up once again with Geoff Keighley, the host of The Game Awards. Keighley will host a 12-hour stream starting at 9 a.m. on June 13, sponsored by Samsung.

The event page hub will be a home for livestreams and on-demand videos, with all of the E3 coverage in one place. You’ll be able to browse videos and streams, chat live with fellow gamers, vote for your favorite trailers in the legendary Trailer Battle, and catch up on announcements you might have missed.

“I’m thrilled to be teaming up with YouTube again for live coverage of E3,” Keighley said in an email to GamesBeat. “Last year’s YouTube Live at E3 was the largest livestream of the year on YouTube in terms of audience, so we’re looking forward to building on that success for 2016 on June 13.”

Source: http://venturebeat.com/2016/05/24/youtube-gaming-teams-up-with-host-geoff-keighley-on-e3-coverage/

TimmiT

Cool, their E3 streams last year were great. A little bit behind the Twitch streams but good video quality.

Taker34

Banned
Punished Snack is back. I can't imagine an E3 stream without Geoff Keighley as host. His shows were extremely well produced and one of the reasons why I visited GT.com every day.

Kinsei

Banned
Well I know where I'm watching E3 Live.

I'll check out the Giant Bomb ad Easy Allies streams once they are archived.

Justified

Youtube E3 stream is always smooth for me.

Just wish Youtube would make the gaming portion, easily, and obviously accessible from the main page

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Very nice. I haven't used YouTube Gaming much, but I remember the E3 2015 live streams on YouTube were very smooth.

An E3 without Kappa is no E3 at all.

Unless YouTube gaming' chat is as meme-ish and hilarious as Twitch, I can't use YT Gaming, even if it has superior streaming quality.

DKHF

Cool, their E3 streams last year were great. A little bit behind the Twitch streams but good video quality.
This is my only grievance with watching streams on YT, it's always considerably behind Twitch (at least in my experience). So you kind of have to stay off GAF/social media if you don't want to be spoiled. Otherwise the quality is way better and it's better for watching streams since you can rewind.

So glad they are doing this again. Hope they make it a yearly event with Keighley as host.

Last year was just awesome, really like the youtube live-streams much more than twitch for example (you can pause at any moment, go back and go live again).
The only complain I have about last years stream is that they had too many guests. I remember they had 5 or 6 guests sitting there before and after the Sony press conference. Is that really needed for the x-minutes they have on screen.

El-Suave

Great, this will probably be my place to watch the conferences live, the last time they did this it was pretty good. Then afterwards I'll have the EZA coverage for reactions, opinions and impressions. I'm ready for June Christmas.....

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Nice I'll be tuning in once again. Geoff and his team did a phenomenal job over the past few E3s.

Also hoping he ethers Reggie sooner or later during a segment.

El-Suave

Hopefully Geoff has members of EZA on his couch between conferences, they're Youtubers now after all. That kind of exposure would help them a lot and Keighley and GT always were a dream team.

oti

Banned
I'll use YT for the pressers but other than that I'm good. I can't stand the YT "creators", so I'll pass.

My plan:

Just the presser on the big screen + GAF on mobile.
Giant Bomb presser videos on the day after.

AmyS

Should be an interesting E3, especially in terms of hardware announcements (i.e. PS4K / Neo) and seeing progress on the big three games revealed / re-revealed last year, but obviously nothing will ever compare to the utter shock and tears of joy of last year.

Top Bottom