• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So apparently Kirby: Planet Robobot has an EPIC ending

Salsa

among many other reviews and impressions out there:

nintendolife:

The finale is also worth reaching due to its ridiculous levels of bombast - we won't spoil what happens, but it's an ending that feels like a soft, cuddly, Kirby equivalent to a final showdown designed by PlatinumGames.

IGN

The mech suits are a blast, the graphics and artstlyle is absolutely beautiful, the music is also phenomenal, and if you're a fan of anime you'll go apeshit when you see the ending cutscene.

H45JGfG.png

color me... intrigued? this is kinda random but the story was never a kirby strong suit or anything so this has me more interested in the game that anything ive read before, lol.

it's out there to spoil, tho

L Thammy

Kirby combines the Popstar's Star Rod and Planet Robobot's Star Rod. Then a voice comes out of the combined Star Rod telling Kirby that they are the creator of the universe. Kirby is then forced to race the ghostlike creators on a rainbowy racetrack with no walls. After that, it's revealed that the whole game was really just a training simulator Kirby was playing on the Star Cycle from Milky Way Wishes.

Salsa

I'm not really sure where you were expecting this topic to go except spoiling the ending.

The music during the end sequence is so damn good.

oh I wanna see reactions to it or confirmation on how batshit it is for sure

but given the lowkey talk about the game, it's fun to find something unexpected to look forward to

MLH

Here's the YouTube video of it:

Good stuff, hopefully they don't get in trouble for that, I know Nintendo has very strict rules on what the media is allowed to show of their games, usually restricted to the first two braindead worlds, but its footage like this that sells me on the game.

Good stuff, hopefully they don't get in trouble for that, I know Nintendo has very strict rules on what the media is allowed to show of their games, usually restricted to the first two braindead worlds, but its footage like this that sells me on the game.

It's the Japanese version that's been out for weeks

This is making me so excited! I've been dying to play a game starring the pink puffball forever! Epic finale you say? I'M IN!

Salsa

Of course, though why even start this thread then? Isn't it just asking for trouble?

im being kinda facetious I doubt anyone cares that much

thread is cause at the same time I doubt anyone knew or expected this if not told

Is this the reviewers first Kirby game?

When has a Kirby game not have an epic as fuck final battle.

apparently it's way over the top than the others

Vena

I want the game where Kirby gets lost in Gundam ZZ universe and is actually the one behind the Titans and dropped the colony on earth. All while happily wave and saying "Hi!".

Berordn

Without spoiling much, just like in Triple Deluxe the ending isn't the ending ending.

Finishing
the true arena
reveals more about the antagonists and the origin of another entity.

In short, Kirby has the deepest lore.

It's over the top, but I wouldn't say it trumps Sectonia just yet.

L Thammy

I want the game where Kirby gets lost in Gundam ZZ universe and is actually the one behind the Titans and dropped the colony on earth. All while happily wave and saying "Hi!".

Better idea:
Kirby of the Stars Vs. Giant God of Legend: Gigantis' Counterattack

Where the final boss is the Ideon, trying to destroy the universe.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
The final boss battle of Triple Deluxe was fucking A and I really liked the Crystal Shards one as well. If only there wasn't so much to play already I would have definitely picked Robobot up.

El Odio

Banned
YouTube relayed video thumbnails have already spoiled to me that
NOVA from Milky Way Wishes is involved in the end game. In RTTD it was mentioned that he was built by the people of Magalors home world so are they actually connecting game storylines now? I remember the amazing mirror was basically the whole cause of Triple Deluxe too.

Puruzi

Banned
NOVA from Milky Way Wishes is involved in the end game. In RTTD it was mentioned that he was built by the people of Magalors home world so are they actually connecting game storylines now? I remember the amazing mirror was basically the whole cause of Triple Deluxe too.

This game has a shitload of kirby lore in it. Don't know what made them decide to do it but it's amazing.

Berordn

Basically full on spoilers:
It's not outright stated but it's heavily implied that DREAM OS, the final boss, is the original creator of NOVA and the very similar comet that forms during the ending.

While neither of them appear in the same form as they did in Super Star, the attacks that each of them summon are the same bits of junk that surround NOVA (the piano keys, windcock, compass, etc).

In the True Arena, the final boss is NOVA, and instead of the robomech armor destorying him you proceed to fight the heart of NOVA boss as an extra finale.

Basically they've been tying the world together starting in KSSU, and just kept at it with RTDL and 3D.

Mory Dunz

dang, this game's budget seems high. Impressive.

Or rather, since it's based off the triple deluxe engine, they could do more in other areas.

Sweet. This makes me want to finish Triple Deluxe and play through this one. (I never finished because the game was so good to play, I didn't want it to end)

Kinsei

Banned
It's going to be hard to top the true final boss from Triple Deluxe for me. Triple Deluxe spoiler:
She's fed off countless hosts and now cannot remember her true form. A voice called out to help her, but it has since fallen silent. Before the night ends, she must be given her eternal beauty sleep.
That fight was amazing.

Sweet. This makes me want to finish Triple Deluxe and play through this one. (I never finished because the game was so good to play, I didn't want it to end)

You should really finish it (and the arenas). The final bosses are so good.

fhqwhgads

"Lol this single segment from a really good game is so much better than this one also good game that is completely based around this game type"

Can we please not do this?

Piers

That was quite surprising but not Marx epic.
That battle was completely unexpected and had the most awesome battlefield and music ever.

Boney

Banned
im being kinda facetious I doubt anyone cares that much

thread is cause at the same time I doubt anyone knew or expected this if not told

Breh in Dreamland 2 you follow a monster made of and called Dark Matter and cut him to pieces with a sword made of rainbow shards.

TnQtO9R.jpg

That's epic as shit

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Must...resist...spoilers.

But yeah, Kirby games typically have final bosses/endings that don't match up to the tone of the rest of the game.

Triple Deluxe in particularly I remember being very epic as well.

The first trailer they showed looked AMAZINGLY great. Like the best Kirby since Superstar with lots of love poured into it. And like the budget was really high compared to older kirbies.

Now hearing this doesnt surprise me. Maybe I buy it.

It's going to be hard to top the true final boss from Triple Deluxe for me. Triple Deluxe spoiler:
She's fed off countless hosts and now cannot remember her true form. A voice called out to help her, but it has since fallen silent. Before the night ends, she must be given her eternal beauty sleep.
That fight was amazing.

You should really finish it (and the arenas). The final bosses are so good.

Come to think of it, I might be a chronic Kirby game non-finisher. I only remember beating Nightmare in Dreamland, yet I own almost every Kirby game...

Other than the robot suit the gameplay looks identical to Triple Deluxe, and I'm still trying to force my way through that game. I can only get through a couple of levels before I'm bored and have to put it down. I may just watch the ending spoiler video and pass on buying Robobot.

L Thammy

Breh in Dreamland 2 you follow a monster made of and called Dark Matter and cut him to pieces with a sword made of rainbow shards.

TnQtO9R.jpg

That's epic as shit

Dark Matter does not get close to Zero's eye bursting out and shooting blood at you while it follows you around.

Berordn

Other than the robot suit the gameplay looks identical to Triple Deluxe, and I'm still trying to force my way through that game. I can only get through a couple of levels before I'm bored and have to put it down. I may just watch the ending spoiler video and pass on buying Robobot.

I enjoy my romps though the games, but the real meat is actually the boss battles. Everything up until you unlock the boss rush arenas are basically filler.

But I definitely don't blame you if you can't get to that point. The actual levels are just beat 'em up lite.

Top Bottom