• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mobius Final Fantasy coming to the west

Ydelnae

Gematome_04-06_Mobius-FF.jpg

In a post via the Final Fantasy Portal app today, Mobius Final Fantasy producer Yoshinori Kitase shared an update regarding the overseas release of the game. Kitase stated that the localization is coming along well and that they plan to release it in the “not-so distant future”. He hopes fans look forward to the announcement when it arrives.

Read more at: http://www.novacrystallis.com/2016/06/27172/

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
It's an okay mobile game, with high production values and a ton of fanservice for FF fans.
Cool.

Though I'm more excited because of the potential Record Keeper tie-in.
The Japanese version had one a few months ago.

It's an okay mobile game, with high production values and a ton of fanservice for FF fans.

The Japanese version had one a few months ago.
Yeah, that's what I was referring to. Until now all but one of the Record Keeper collaboration events had been skipped in the Global version due to the tie-in games not being available in the West. But now that this game is getting an English release, hopefully the RK crossover will happen for us too.

duckroll

How's the story in this? I stopped following it after the initial launch. For this sort of game I think the characters and story are very important to me. I uninstalled Kingdom Hearts Unchained Chi because the story was so boring and nothing was going anywhere. The grind isn't fun when there aren't interesting stories to look forward to.

Terra Battle and Valkyrie Anatomia are really good with the story aspects. So even when the gameplay grind in Valkyrie gets so annoying I want to die, I can't stop playing. Is the Mobius story any good? Is it over at this point? Has it at least finished a major story arc? Did it make you laugh and cry? Please post impressions JP players!

Falk

that puzzling face
How's the story in this? I stopped following it after the initial launch. For this sort of game I think the characters and story are very important to me. I uninstalled Kingdom Hearts Unchained Chi because the story was so boring and nothing was going anywhere. The grind isn't fun when there aren't interesting stories to look forward to.

Terra Battle and Valkyrie Anatomia are really good with the story aspects. So even when the gameplay grind in Valkyrie gets so annoying I want to die, I can't stop playing. Is the Mobius story any good? Is it over at this point? Has it at least finished a major story arc? Did it make you laugh and cry? Please post impressions JP players!

Granblue's story made me laugh and cry.

Yet here you are laughing at Granblue.

Liar.

duckroll

Granblue's story made me laugh and cry.

Yet here you are laughing at Granblue.

Liar.

I didn't say anything about Granblue! That game is unplayable for me for other reasons! Mainly that it is so badly optimized and I refuse to play it on browser. :p

Falk

that puzzling face
"i hate autobattle games" (c) duckroll 2016

Anyway, Mobius story from what little I played is actually pretty classic flair. In some ways it apes FFI very closely, even.

duckroll

"i hate autobattle games" (c) duckroll 2016

Anyway, Mobius story from what little I played is actually pretty classic flair. In some ways it apes FFI very closely, even.

Yes. I hate Valkyrie Anatomia too. Yet I'm playing it. Not because it's a good game but for the story. It's like those hentai game jokes. :(

From what I heard it's better than FFRK. Need more impression.
It's a different kind of gameplay. Not better or worse.
No party members.

Hard to explain, but I guess combat is more similar to Kingdom Hearts Unchained X.
Solo hero, use cards for abilities (like medals in KHuX) and job change in fight like FFXIII.
Gacha has the cards and Job change options.

Short, random combat gameplay I found if you're still wondering:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ctubj3iYGAk

I hope that after they get through all the Final Fantasy titles, we'll get Dragon Quest of the Stars (or whatever that mobile game is called).

Considering I only have time in my life for two mobile games, I'll have to choose between this, Exvius and Record Keeper. Hmmm.

I tried playing more than two but when I do I find myself glued to my phone far too often.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?

The story, while interesting later (chapter 3+), takes FOREVER to get going. Chapters are quite long, involve backtracking etc., so getting each piece of the story is kind of a big deal. I wish there was less battles and a bit more story in it.
I look forward to this game destroying my battery life lol
While it likes to destroy the battery, it's still nothing like Miitomo, lol.

I played Mobius for a very short while when it was released and stopped for almost a year until I heard about the FFVII collaboration. When I jumped back, I had a ton of crystals/elixirs etc., from all the maintenance extension apologies and campaigns.
I did a few larger pulls, which awarded me with the highest rarity Cloud's Soldier class and some very rare weapons, which iirc tripled my HP, made my attacks much stronger etc.

Then I played the game every day on the train and cleared most of the available story at that point. I stopped playing after that, but I can't imagine going through the game with one of the base classes, it would feel like a huge slog.

Top Bottom