• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme VS Force will be digital-only in the west

Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme VS Force, which was previously dated for a PS Vita release on July 12 in the Americas (and now confirmed for the same date in Europe), will be a digital-only release, Bandai Namco announced.

The company also shared a new trailer and screenshots focused on nine new playable characters: 00 Gundam, Barbatos 1st Form, Barbatos 4th Form, Destiny Gundam (Heine), Gundam GP02, Mack Nife, Master Gundam, Strike Freedom, and Turn X.

http://gematsu.com/2016/06/mobile-suit-gundam-extreme-vs-force-digital-only-west

New Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyk_nXAb3c8

Dio

Banned
Makes sense to me. The people who would be playing Gundam vs Gundam multiplayer and in tournaments don't like this SP-focused game at all, and the remaining market afterwards after all the potential multiplayer customers are gone seems exceedingly small for a physical release.

Glad I imported all those months ago :p

I actually really enjoyed this game. I know it's a disappointment for hardcore fans, but I really liked it for what it was. Reminded me of Future Cop LAPD in some ways.

sensui-tomo

meh should have been gundam breaker 3, this will be another nail in a long line of nails on a coffin saying gundam games dont due well here due to stupid decisions.

imo breaker 3 is better, wait for the console iteration of this game to get released and buy that.

tumblr_m7wglammax1qbxqfpo1_250.gif

deim0s

Digital or the Asia physical copy doesn't matter right, as it doesn't have any online play?

Less Vita resetting shenanigans if true.

Stalk

I got this dirt cheap on amazon.jp and actually really enjoyed it. I'm probably not the core market that was upset though, neat to see it still coming though.

wilflare

definitely getting this on US PSN (though I live in a place where Asian English physical copies are plentiful :X)

Zapages

does this work on PSTV? I only have PSTV.

I am not surprised. At least it has all the updates and Japanese DLC included in it.

Drayco21

There goes all my interest in buying this just to support Gundam localization. I'll just take that money and put it towards importing Breaker 3 instead.

Was to be expected. Definitely getting this even though I've heard some not so great things. I want to see more Gundam games in the west.

Top Bottom