• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summon Night 6 (PS4/Vita) coming to the West in early 2017

Zhao_Yun

Gaijinworks is bringing Summon Night 6: Lost Borders to PlayStation 4 and PS Vita in North America, South America, and Europe in Q1 2017, the company announced.

The game will release in physical retail and digitally in North America, and digitally for South America and Europe. A limited edition deluxe physical version only available via the Gaijinworks official website will also be released, with details due out after E3 2016.

http://gematsu.com/2016/06/summon-night-6-coming-west-early-2017

http://www.gaijinworks.com/

Guymelef

What the hell is going on?
Japanese E3.

Summon Night 6: Lost Borders is planned for release on the PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®Vita in the first quarter of 2017. Digital (PSN) versions of the game will be downloadable in North America, South America and Europe, with physical retail copies planned for North America. Details will be announced after E3 about a limited-edition deluxe physical version that will only be available for direct presale from our website here.

Another one to the US import list...

Didn't expect Gaijinworks tbh, but glad they get to do it.

RIP Europe though, you better import this or you're not playing at all

We still don't have SN5

Tohsaka

Adding to the enormity of the localization task is the fact that the English-language version of Summon Night 6 will feature voice acting: All key events will be voiced, as in the original Japanese version. Recording of the English voice begins this month.

Hopeully it's not dub only, the Japanese cast is pretty good.

kulapik

I guess the fact that it comes out on ps4 was a reason for them to give it the importance they basically didn't give SN5?

Edit: let me clarify this because some people might understand it the wrong way: I'm not saying gaijinworks didn't give any importance at SN5, I'm sure Vic put blood and tears in localizing that game. What I mean is that it surprises me that SN6 is getting a wide physical release and an English dub, considering SN5 had no voices at all. Sure SN5 was an old PSP game and SN6 is a ps4 and vita game, but still.

Clov

Surprised that Gaijinworks is releasing a non-limited retail game! I guess it was a lot easier since they're working with more modern platforms. Is the game any good, though? On the same line of thought, was SN5 good?

Congrats Vic for coming back to the majors. =]

Surprised and happy Gaijinworks is localizing the game and not Bamco. At least we'll have a decent localization and not a potential half-assed one.

Ephidel

Excellent. I had a feeling if anyone else got to do it, it wouldn't be as "fun", if that makes sense. I'm looking forward to it already :)

Wereroku

Well SN5 had no voices at all, so I'm not getting my hopes up

To be fair the budget was super low on SN5 to the point that he couldn't afford to license the japanese voices. The fact that they are going all out on this means they are betting on PS4/PSV. Will totally be going for the physical wonder if they will add some PS4/PSV crossover stuff.

To be fair the budget was super low on SN5 to the point that he couldn't afford to license the japanese voices. The fact that they are going all out on this means they are betting on PS4/PSV. Will totally be going for the physical wonder if they will add some PS4/PSV crossover stuff.

I'm not complaining (anymore), bu I think going from no VO to dual might be a bit much, even with the PS4 version and higher budget.
Still no SN5 in Europe :(

Yeah this really needs to be addressed if they want anyone here to give a damn about this game.

Gaijinworks is worse than Atlus in that regard.

Wereroku

I'm not complaining (anymore), bu I think going from no VO to dual might be a bit much, even with the PS4 version and higher budget.

Yeah this really needs to be addressed if they want anyone here to give a damn about this game.

Gaijinworks is worse than Atlus in that regard.

Yeah I bet the jp vo will be cut unless he got a good deal for it. Seems like they are betting on the localized vo since that is shown to improve sells. For the EU i think they gave an update on that somewhere it had to do with Sony approval I think.

Ranmo

Just this year I said. My wallet would be saved in 2017 I said. There possibly couldn't be more good Japanese games being localized next year I said.

This makes me happy. I will be sure to pick up this. I will probably go with the PS4 version to give my Vita memory card more of a break.

Jayne

Great news! Totally surprised that Gaijinworks got this one, I expected that if it were to come Bamco would be the ones to release it. At any rate I am looking forward to playing it.

Eusis

I wonder if this will be the first one to be carried normally in stores given that it's not a PSP game or something that's hyper niche (this is about on the level of a more normal NISA release if.) Guess it depends on if the deluxe one is the only one or not.

Still need to play 5 yet. Too many games, man. Great to see all of these SRPGs back again.

I still want Growlanser 1 though, Vic (if you are reading this). Broker a deal with Atlus, you crazy fella you (make it the last English PSP game ever too, just to end the console on a high note).

Top Bottom