• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass shooting at Orlando gay nightclub [50 dead, 53 injured]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lakitu

st5fu
Every day there's always some terrible news coming out from USA. Hope there aren't any casualties.

And please don't let this fucker kill himself.

Dreadful news to wake up to, what a world we live in. People determined to kill and hurt others almost every day, stay safe if any gaffers involved.

Stewart Moore ‏@Stewartmoore 51m51 minutes ago
More #Orlando #Breaking - multiple area agencies responding. Man remains barricaded inside nightclub with hostages

Orlando Police ‏@OrlandoPolice 3m3 minutes ago
Shooting at Pulse Nightclub on S Orange. Multiple injuries. Stay away from area.

GHG

Gold Member
What the fuckung fuck is wrong with people?

Sick of reading about shit like this.

Where do I sign up to move to another planet?

Police will be updating the press at 4:30 local time (25 minutes from this post);

Orlando Police ‏@OrlandoPolice
Pulse shooting: next update by 4:30 am. Media stage at Orange and Gore.

CryptiK

Why isn't this guy already dead? Where are the gun carrying people, that say this is why they need a gun for this exact situation?

Yeah you guys will never learn. Guns are bad stop selling them to everyone and anyone.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
twitter saying gay nightclub and hostages?

:(

That is what I've read. Once I saw that, I'm thinking someone(s) with homophobic aggression.

What the fuckung fuck is wrong with people?

Sick of reading about shit like this.

Where do I sign up to move to another planet?

I know people from outside the United States has to go WTF, another one. This is daily.

What the hell.

Really hope this ends with only injuries as reported so far, and no casualties. But experience has taught me to fear and expect the worst when these stories break.

Aside from the obvious tragedy, I can only imagine the disgusting rhetoric that would result from a horrific shooting incident at a gay nightclub.

Kathian

Banned
Why isn't this guy already dead? Where are the gun carrying people, that say this is why they need a gun for this exact situation?

Yeah you guys will never learn. Guns are bad stop selling them to everyone and anyone.

I'd be extremely surprised and concerned if you can wall into a nightclub with a gun. Which will be one of the questions following this - how did he get allowed in.

Nightbird

While I would agree with you, this really isn't the time to bring your agenda to play. There are people in danger of loosing their lives right now

Generally speaking, you will not be allowed to carry a gun into a place which serves alcohol. Of course this criminal didn't follow the rules, though.

So sounds like a good time to work towards overturning that ban, am I right???

/s

But seriously, it's very strange to me that there's little to no information about this on the main US news sites considering this started over an hour ago...

dc89

holygeesus

Banned
I'm no expert on such matters, but hypothetically it would seem that while the world is preparing for and expecting an attack on the Euro football tournament, striking against America would be more unexpected. Maybe it's not a homegrown/lone nutter this time?

Henkka

Banned
I'd be extremely surprised and concerned if you can wall into a nightclub with a gun. Which will be one of the questions following this - how did he get allowed in.

Well, in Paris, the first thing the terrorists did was shoot the bouncers IIRC. You don't necessarily have to be "allowed" in if all you want to do is shoot people.

SmokeMaxX

I'm no expert on such matters, but hypothetically it would seem that while the world is preparing and expecting an attack on the Euro football tournament, striking against America would be more unexpected. Maybe it's not a homegrown/lone nutter this time?

The fact that it's more likely to be a deranged American citizen is just sad.

I'm no expert on such matters, but hypothetically it would seem that while the world is preparing and expecting an attack on the Euro football tournament, striking against America would be more unexpected. Maybe it's not a homegrown/lone nutter this time?

Mass shootings are a daily occurrence in the US.

Kathian

Banned

Has the MO of a homegrown nutter. Islamists don't have a great interest in targeting gay nightclubs ;
- their primary motivation would be to claim it's warning for attacking ISIS in Syria - so would chose a general target
- and if they were upset at gay people they still hold all American society to blame

So sounds domestic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom