• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beta software and beta hardware . Thankyou Microsoft XboxOne

Status
Not open for further replies.

dovella

IdDseGJ.jpg

Excuse me my English , Im Italian.

Backward compatibility? After reading this article I had an illumination. http://www.polygon.com/2016/6/13/11927732/xbox-one-s-performance-gears-4

With XboxOne they were sold a PROTOTYPE console, and today with XboxOne S dump an intermediate version.

With Xbox One S fled to shelters masking it by Slim.

I had Atari 2600, Nintendo NES, NEC PC Engine, Neo Geo, Super Famicom, Master System, Megadrive, Gameboy, GBA, DS, NDS, NDS LIte, 3ds, Ultra 64, Playstation, PS2, XB360, Wii, WiiU, GameCube

Console I know something, but real console.

Buy consoles means guaranteeing a standard free of worries, the consoles have always been a protective limbo towards chaos. With the console you you decided the party and not you had to worry about the rest, for 8-10 years you just had to buy the games and to limit some accessories. Microsoft in two years has upset the XboxOne to align with the PC world that is unparalleled. While Skorpio adapts to PC World, the PC will already be 10 years ahead, then this run is USELESS.

Rather they should offer better tools to developers to make the most of what you already have product ..

The hardware of the console should not be changed for any reason,

The consoles are not iphone ipad or android.

Xbox One does not have an identity and is already replaced?

Only now the dashboard was taking barely fit ..

These are the first consoles that have a CPU X86 that he should go ALL BENEFIT MICROSOFT both as experience in the field where the operating system is the market leader, both as a flexible development tools and hardware knowledge. And what does the Xbox Team?

Wrong to choose the hardware so as to feel the limits in the first two months of life. Sony that compared to Microsoft is a crumb in this segment, launches a perfect console to the first approach with X86 processors? Sony has put a team than elle powers of Redmond? But Nadella has fired them all or not?

hwalker84

Times are changing. Companies want to sell you new hardware as much as possible to make more money. This is the way it'll be from here on out or just build you a PC.

Sony has a new system coming too. Just because they didn't announce it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

This is typical "Xbox can't do anything right, PS can't do anything wrong" nonsense.

mcrommert

Banned
I knew we would start getting these threads

Your tears are delicious

(bought an xbox one day one for 500...got what i paid for)

Caayn

With the console you you decided the party and not you had to worry about the rest, for 8-10 years you just had to buy the games and to limit some accessories
Last gen was an anomaly. Not the standard.

These are the first consoles that have a CPU X86 that he should go ALL BENEFIT MICROSOFT both
OG Xbox says hello.

Well, at least now, with everything announced, you can just get a PC and play the same games. If anything, Xbox Play Anywhere has basically said that I don't need to buy an Xbox at all.

Majine

Banned
I mean, if they stick to their words, then you should keep receiving the games you were always supposed to get throughout the generation.

This just gives people a choice to get higher fidelity on those games.

If you're mad about not having the best hardware, get a PC.

IHaveIce

Banned
Lmao this makes it even better that you are an apple fan.

Slim Console variants are better than their old counterparts? What's new?

DrArchon

Well, at least now, with everything announced, you can just get a PC and play the same games. If anything, Xbox Play Anywhere has basically said that I don't need to buy an Xbox at all.

This. There's no reason to bother with the XBox brand anymore. Who cares how many consoles they put out? Just get a decent PC with Windows 10.

I mean, if they stick to their words, then you should keep receiving the games you were always supposed to get throughout the generation.

Didn't they say that there could be Scorpio exclusive games, though?

dovella

If you will buy this filth will do nothing but feed this market, killing completely what is the Standard CONSOLE for definition of the term.

You want many power ? Buy a PC With last Nvidia Gpu , It's already here, you need not wait for people unable ads on stage in a show

eloxx

This. There's no reason to bother with the XBox brand anymore. Who cares how many consoles they put out? Just get a decent PC with Windows 10.

Good point. Microsoft is pushing PC gaming so hard. It's a new strategy and I like it. There are some risks of course and I'm very curious to how it turns out.

For reference: I am a hardcore PlayStation fan and have no intention to leave the brand anytime soon.

Bgamer90

Banned

Microsoft's fine with that. People who weren't going to buy an Xbox anytime soon (for example) can now have access to Xbox titles and thus give MS money. Stats also show that the majority of gamers in territories in which the Xbox brand is relevant in don't care about true exclusivity. 7 out of 10 of the top selling console games for last year's NPD were available on PC.

Many people simply want a plug in a play box that has access to good, popular titles. Consoles with these titles will continue on being bought by people while consoles that don't have these titles [even if they have many true exclusives (e.g.: Wii U)] will be huge flops.

Lmao this makes it even better that you are an apple fan.

Slim Console variants are better than their old counterparts? What's new?

That's not always the case. Often times slim consoles use cheaper components and remove USB or I/O ports to cut down on production costs like the PS3 slim or Xbox 360 E

mcrommert

Banned
If you will buy this filth will do nothing but feed this market, killing completely what is the Standard CONSOLE for definition of the term.

You want many power ? Buy a PC With last Nvidia Gpu , It's already here, you need not wait for people unable ads on stage in a show

Good let it die

I prefer consoles for their appliance like nature and use of a controller...still would like better graphics than one update every 8 years. I hope microsoft and sony together take the console standard out to the woodshed and blow it away

BibiMaghoo

I knew we would start getting these threads

Your tears are delicious

(bought an xbox one day one for 500...got what i paid for)

Hardly a revelation given people took issue with it before any new console was announced at all. Lots of people are unhappy with this new direction for consoles, and people that deride a persons complaints are far more childish than the person making one. Complaints get shit changed. Silence changes nothing.

haimon

Every generation had refreshes that had different configuration of the hardware. Sony had all those slims and they were different than three original consoles.

Scorpio is about 4 years after xbone launched. And most games will probably continue to work on the original xbone for a long time.

I think we are at the end of gens as they used to be and we will have something similar to phones where a version will stop being supported after 4 years.

The original Xbox One is still going to hang around for a couple of years, Phil Spencer sounded pretty serious about retaining backwards compatibility between all of the systems.

They're attempting to transcend the Xbox, or to simply turn console generations into something that is similar to that of a PC.

Lower spec PC Gamers can play with PC Gamers with higher specs systems.

That's exactly what they're doing with the Xbox One S and Project Scorpio.

Exile20

Good point. Microsoft is pushing PC gaming so hard. It's a new strategy and I like it. There are some risks of course and I'm very curious to how it turns out.

For reference: I am a hardcore PlayStation fan and have no intention to leave the brand anytime soon.

That is not a good point. People still like having a console over PC. If you have a PC and games have save file sharing, a X1/Scopio/slim would complement your gaming on the couch.

What does you being a PS fanboy have to do with anything?

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Well looks like we already have a new console war just heating up. Was enjoying how quiet it had been...

dovella

Every generation had refreshes that had different configuration of the hardware. Sony had all those slims and they were different than three original consoles.

Scorpio is about 4 years after xbone launched. And most games will probably continue to work on the original xbone for a long time.

I think we are at the end of gens as they used to be and we will have something similar to phones where a version will stop being supported after 4 years.

I have never seen a frame rate difference between two normal versions of slim

Fuck this kind of thinking. I honestly hate how people are so happy about consoles becoming like cellphones and even worse look down on others for not thinking it's a good idea.

Too many games are being released that run like shit already and aren't getting properly fixed and then we have to believe that this is not going to get worse when the game has to run on two different version of the same console? Why do you think people beg for cross gen games to stop being made? It's a limit on the hardware, Scorpio and Neo are never going to be fully utilized because the games still need to work on the lesser consoles and by the time they stop supporting the original X1 and PS4 there will be just another version of scorpio and Neo out giving us the same issues.

It literally devalues consoles and only makes consumers spend more money on an already expensive hobby.

Doffen

You're acting like you're not getting games and support. Microsoft showcased games for both 2016 and 2017 during the E3 conference and they announced more features coming to your Xbox One this year.

Wait, aren't Nintendo and Sony releasing new hardware next spring that's better than their current hardware?

I thought acceptance was the default mode for all fans now.

If people/gamers are willing to purchase new consoles every 2 to 3 years for premium prices, then who can blame companies like Microsoft and Sony for taking advantage of them. I love technology and change, but I do not want this direction for console gaming and I am sure that I am not alone. If they want to sell us new consoles every 2 year,s at least make them more reasonable or something. So I get a new XBox or PS4.5 in Late 2017 only for it to be rendered obsolete by the next XBoxZ or PS5 in as little as two years for $500? Nah.....

the ONE game i was interested in for xbox one was scalebound, and with them announcing the play anywhere thing, there's literally ZERO reason for me to buy an xbox one. only other thing i wanted on it that was exclusive was rare collection, and that's just because i want to play jet force gemini with dual analog controls.

watdaeff4

Hardly a revelation given people took issue with it before any new console was announced at all. Lots of people are unhappy with this new direction for consoles, and people that deride a persons complaints are far more childish than the person making one. Complaints get shit changed. Silence changes nothing.

I see what you are saying but what's bullshit is that the OP is shaming MS and talking about how Sony launched the perfect console right the first time while completely ignoring the NEO.

Double Standards and blatant fanboyism should rightfully be called out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom