• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

P.S.A.: apparently the Wii U version of Mighty #9 does not run well

maxcriden

Update 06/22

Deep Silver:

“We’re aware of some isolated incidents of consumers experiencing issues on Wii U, and they’re actually being addressed in a patch that’s deploying out on Wii U systems today. “The patch is already live in Europe, and should be hitting U.S. before the end of the day.”

Posted yesterday on GoNintendo.

--

So, I'm seeing reports on my timeline of the game freezing Wii U and requiring hard reset.....

Also, seems Wii U version runs horribly... https://www.reddit.com/r/MightyNo9/comments/4p1j4f/just_got_it_early/d4hb37a

Via my friend axisofweevils in the OT, but thought others may want to see.

Per Reddit:

reddit poster said:
Haven't beat any bosses. I played through about half of the levels before saying "fuck it" and quitting.

•The game lags extremely badly and has frame glitches all over the place, so you'll be in a time sensitive spot, and die because the screen glitches and you ran into a spike or something.

•I'd say it's closest to MegaMan X6 specifically because of the "difficulty" in the level design. What I mean by that is, it's not hard in the sense of "we made this challenging and hope you can get past it and enjoy it because of the challenge." It's hard in a "we made this level design this way because Fuck You."

•The load times are a joke (at least on Wii U). If you die, you are looking at about 30-45 seconds of a black loading screen before the level restarts.

All in all, it just feels extremely unpolished and VERY much like an early beta. But aside from the technical issues, the game just isn't good.

on which level was least bad said:
Probably Pyrogen (flame guy) or whatever. Simply for the fact that it was the only level that didn't totally freeze my Wii U upon entering it. Seriously. Like 50% of the time, choosing a stage on the Stage Select screen would go to a black loading screen and then instantly freeze my entire system, forcing me to do a hard-reboot of the Wii U.

--

Helpful updates from posters below:

For what it's worth, a GAF'er with the Wii U version claims it's not as bad as the reddit post is making it out to be.

Wonder if it's different based on storage location (USB drive vs. internal storage)

To clarify, there is a way to skip through backer numbers. (The + button.)

Also, framerate stutters a lot, especially when the screen gets busy.

If nothing else, I can confirm that there's a far too long load time post-death on the WiiU version.

Can confirm. The DLC level is a slideshow. There's 30 second loads to get in and out of the options menu. Still playable though, and I have yet to recieve a crash.

For me, it takes 30-45 seconds to load the options menu after first boot, but only about 5 seconds to return from the options. After that, it's a 3-5 second load for the options menu every time.

There have been a few areas where the frame rate took a dive momentarily, but overall it's running fine on Wii U. Also, I'm the one from the OP that said death load times are "only" 10-15 seconds. My game is installed on an external HDD.

TheMoon

Don't all versions run poorly? That IGN video review mentions performance problems in the PS4 version as well. They really fucked up with making this in a 3D engine, I think.

Oh boy. Can you imagine what the 3DS version is going to be like?

Maybe secretly the best since they have to start from scratch, code wise. lol

Yeah, I tried downloading it twice and twice my system was buzzing, hardlocked.

The third time worked, but I haven't played any of the game since I'm sifting through the credits looking for my name.

Also, holy hell, these are some LOOOOONG credits. Wish I could just scroll and find my name.

Emu-Fred

Banned
Whelp.

Not only is it mediocre game. It's now a mediocre game I can't even try.

I can't be anymore MIGHTY disappointed

maxcriden

Good thing I asked for the Wii U version.

:/

Right? I'm not sure I'm even going to install the code I'm getting. I don't want to freeze the Wii U. I have a lot of stuff on my int. and ext. HDs. I don't want to lose any data or accidentally brick the system.

Oh god I just realize, my name is going to be in the credits

I helped make this happen.

Nooooo

Emu-Fred
Junior Evil
(Today, 8:11 AM)

I was pretty hyped up for this game, but decided not to back it; Cancelled my preorder on amazon and will wait for a cheaper price on the PS4 version. I was initially looking to get the WiiU release but reading that reddit thread made me nix the plan.

Wow, that sucks. I initially had this version requested from the kickstarter, but I went with PS4 because of Vita cross buy. I'm skeptical the Vita version will turn out alright now too. I guess PS4 it is.

tkscz

It's a UE3 game. Unreal tech runs like hot garbage on Wii U, it needs a CPU more powerful than an overclocked Pentium 4.

Batman AC, AO and Injustice run fine on Wii U along with some other UE3 games. This is just bad/lazy programming.

I wouldn't be surprised if the 3DS and Vita version runs and looks way better than the console versions. This game looks like it was made for handhelds.

But defense forces were quick to call out the extremely low visual fidelity due to all these ports on weaker system. When even the WiiU is a technical disaster, How will the fricking 3DS fare.

-shadow-

It's a UE3 game. Unreal tech runs like hot garbage on Wii U, it needs a CPU more powerful than an overclocked Pentium 4.

Well this would've been a good point were it not that there are more games on the WiiU that use the same engine and perform just fine. This just screams piss poor programming and/or optimisation.

maxcriden

For what it's worth, a GAF'er with the Wii U version claims it's not as bad as the reddit post is making it out to be.

Wonder if it's different based on storage location (USB drive vs. internal storage)

Adding these to OP. Thanks. I think Transistor may be on to something here. I know this has been an issue for some games in the past.

That post is pure horseshit lol. Op should remove it.

Removed. Thank you.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
So there's no way I can request a refund through Kickstarter or anything, huh? At this point I'd love to just wash my hands of this whole situation.

My two platform choices are Wii U and 3DS, and I figure the 3DS version will probably be even worse off.

Pokemaniac

I was worried about how this was going to perform as soon as they announced it would be built with UE3. That engine really doesn't have that good of a history with the Wii U.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Ugh the whole thing is just a mess, I did not back for a shitty mediocre game that would brick my Wii U.

I am just gonna push for a refund citing EU Law as the game is not in a fit state to be played at all.

Koppai

I remember when people were trying to get me to contribute, and I live by the mantra of what if the game sucks? :< sorry that it turned out bad guys.

Top Bottom