• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Does anyone else put butter on their Pop Tarts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to until I got conscious of how much fat and sugar is in a Pop-Tart. Now I'm basically not even allowed to eat them anymore.

But yeah, a Pop-Tart plus butter is like eating a McGriddle or something.

Oh, and also, holy shit delicious.

Shit, why stop there? Put some cheese and some ham in between em and hell, go ahead and toss those things on the grill and cook them in some syrup.
Do you butter donuts too?

Sanjuro

Some minor league baseball team as an attraction sells Cheeseburgers with a Krispy Kreme doughnut cut in half and grilled......america.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
heart_attack.jpg

I guess it'd taste like toast, but I won't try it. Does anyone else eat their pop tarts cold? I mean, I do when I'm home, but everyday after an awesome gym class in high school, I'd buy a pack along with a Minute Maid and it'd be bliss.

Verboten said:
I guess it'd taste like toast, but I won't try it. Does anyone else eat their pop tarts cold? I mean, I do when I'm home, but everyday after an awesome gym class in high school, I'd buy a pack along with a Minute Maid and it'd be bliss.
Yea, I used to eat a pack of unburnt cherry poptarts for lunch all the time during highschool.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
if its the plain ones and its like the fruit flavored ones, i wouldn't be so "yech" about it....but that's ****ing stupid if its on frosted ones.

Mason said:
I use I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Light. And Pop Tarts aren't that fattening, jeez.
Of course pop tarts can be fattening. Sugar will turn into fat.

Processed sugars (corn syrup) is the main reason America is so fat.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Maxwell House said:
Sugar will turn into fat. Of course pop tarts can be fattening.

Processed sugars (corn syrup) is the main reason America is so fat.

ding ding ding

Get this man a frosted poptart dipped in butter!!

Mason

Well I'm actually in good shape. I'm not overweight at all. I guess I'll stop eating buttery Pop Tarts, though, since now I won't be able to look at one without remembering all the taunting in this thread. Thanks a lot.

Giard

wtf? That's about as worse as putting peanut butter in your hot dogs.

I actually know someone who does that

BlackMage

Banned
well peanut butter is good for you.. isn't it? but on hotdogs.. yeah that sounds gross. im actually tempted to try out the butter on pop-tart thing.

I like the taste (assuming it's toasted, as well), but that's a "Once every few months" kind of thing, and only if I'm exercising daily. It'd kill me in the condition I'm in now.

Look, don't start a thread asking "am I a weird freak" if you aren't willing to accept that the answer is "yes."

Nobody else on earth butters their Pop-Tarts. Health reasons notwithstanding, it's just odd.

Do you butter your Frosted Flakes?

Dante

Synthesizer Patel said:
Look, don't start a thread asking "am I a weird freak" if you aren't willing to accept that the answer is "yes."

Nobody else on earth butters their Pop-Tarts. Health reasons notwithstanding, it's just odd.

:lol I did have a friend growing up who did this. We were in our teens so I don't think he was too concerned with heart blockage. BTW they were the unfrosted pop tarts.

Snah

Banned
heart_attack.jpg

Except for the fact that butter doesn't cause heart disease.

The Pop Tarts, filled with rancid vegetable oils and trans fats, along with nutritionless refined carbs, may contribute though.

Snah

Banned
I use I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Light.

You're not doing yourself any favors there.

All of those margarines and 'synthetic' foods are not healthy in the slightest. They're filled with highly rancid oils, which promotes free radical damage and cancer. Not to mention, it may or may not have plenty of synthetic trans fats in them.

Butter is a natural food that contains many nutrients, processed margarines are not.

Mason

Synthesizer Patel said:

Several people in my family do it, where do you think I got it from?

Cdammen

Ungh. That's sound utterly disgusting. All that fat and sugar...

*goes back to eating a well balanced European meal* :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom