• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dissidia Final Fantasy Arcade Kefka trailer

raven777

Cl9dainUkAQ9l9r.jpg:small

Only 5 years left until they finish adding the characters that were already featured in the previous two games!

He looks great though. FF6 remake for the NX confirmed?

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Is it port begging to wonder when the console version is coming? If there is one coming?

More like Hisoka. Man Kefka looks great.

Kefka shares the same voice as Buggy (Shigeru Chiba), hence the comment.
But yeah in terms of personality, he is closer to Hisoka.

BadWolf

Is it port begging to wonder when the console version is coming? If there is one coming?

There should be after it has it's run at the arcades, iirc it is running on PS4-ish (?) hardware and even uses PS symbols for controls in the arcade version.

raven777

There should be after it has it's run at the arcades, iirc it is running on PS4-ish (?) hardware and even uses PS symbols for controls in the arcade version.

The prototype box used PS symbols but the final version changed to I,II,III,IV symbols.

Son Of D

They decided to skip the order of the games now? I thought they'd follow the same scheme as the heroes releases.

Well the heroes weren't revealed in order either. We had VII, III, XIV, I, XIII and VI as the initial reveals. But it doesn't surprise meto be honest. Can't imagine having The Emperor and Cloud of Darkness back to back would get that many people back to the arcades to play.

Sephzilla

Yeah. I've never been a big fan of Kefka. He's pretty much a magic version of the Joker, minus a Batman foil.

I like Kefka, but yeah, I'm with you. He's off brand Magic Joker who gets a touch too much credit for one big event in FF6 considering he didn't do much of the heavy lifting for that event.

Hedge

Never really liked him - especially not in Dissidia Duodecim.

I hope Kuja is added to the roster, though. He, Jecht and the XII Judges are some of my favourite FF antagonists.

I wonder if there'll be a XV character too.

Son Of D

Never really liked him - especially not in Dissidia Duodecim.

I hope Kuja is added to the roster, though. He, Jecht and the XII Judges are some of my favourite FF antagonists.

I wonder if there'll be a XV character too.

Noctis seems like a lock to be added next year. They won't want to spoil his abilities before XV releases.

MilkBeard

Wait, you seriously questioning whether or not there's a gigantic Joker influence in Kefka?
Not questioning an influence, but I've never thought to compare them. Maybe the clown appearance is bringing that on for people.

It's also the other stuff. That event when he rises in power is pretty crazy. I'll always remember that scene where he basically kills all the espers in one go.

Batman is one thing, but as far as jrpgs go, he's one of the best villains, at least up to that point in console storytelling.

Loona

They decided to skip the order of the games now? I thought they'd follow the same scheme as the heroes releases.

I guess considering the delay in character releases, they needed someone more popular than Emperor Mateus to make up for it, and Sephirot is someone they're likely to leave closer to the console release. Garland still had to be first, series history carries some weight.

mrmickfran

Son Of D

I guess considering the delay in character releases, they needed someone more popular than Emperor Mateus to make up for it, and Sephirot is someone they're likely to leave closer to the console release. Garland still had to be first, series history carries some weight.

I'm thinking we'll see Sephiroth early next year. Tie him in with the beginning of the FFVII 20th anniversary celebrations.

Kouriozan

Isn't this supposed to be coming to PS4 when it's done? I could've sworn that I heard that somewhere.

They didn't say it was coming on PS4, they said they are using a modified PS4 for the arcades.
But I don't doubt it'll come, once all the main characters are released so in ~2020 since they release a character every 3/4 months.

orioto

Good Art™
Actually i never thought of the joker as a kefka influence.. hmm..

I always saw his look more like something referencing medieval buffoon, but that's also Joker's inspiration i guess cause of the name.. But FFVI definitly has more operatic, european roots.

Jeels

Man considering we have all the villains, non original dissidia characters, at this rate it feels like it'll be years before we start getting to new characters?

I was hoping the PS4 version would be 2017 but its feeling like 2019 or 2020...

Son Of D

Man considering we have all the villains, non original dissidia characters, at this rate it feels like it'll be years before we start getting to new characters?

I was hoping the PS4 version would be 2017 but its feeling like 2019 or 2020...

It's been a new character every 2 months so far. We still have Emperor, CoD, Golbez, Exdeath, Sephiroth, Ultimecia, Kuja, Jecht, Gabranth and Gilgamesh for villains. And then we still have Kain, Tifa, Laguna, Yuna and Prishe for heroes.15 more characters still just to get all the veterans (excluding Feral Chaos) back. But we have to account for newcomers getting added in between veterans too.

21XX

Banned
Man, I think the reason why I liked him so much when FFVI was originally released was because I didn't see him in 3D acting like this. Takes the whole goofiness way too far in my opinion. I never thought of him like that. And Japanese voice acting always sounds way over dramatic to me. Silly to my ears.

Still the best FF villain though.

Actually i never thought of the joker as a kefka influence.. hmm..

I always saw his look more like something referencing medieval buffoon, but that's also Joker's inspiration i guess cause of the name.. But FFVI definitly has more operatic, european roots.

It's interesting to compare Kefka at his peak in power and the Joker at hispeakspeaks (Endgame, Emperor, etc.) to see the differences. The Joker is all about insanity and creating madness with his power, corrupting others. Kefka is all about pure destruction and making people's lives miserable and worthless.

Top Bottom