• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will you trade your current Xbox One for the new S model ?

Dominator

Yes, and I already did. I did forget about Inside though and I really want to play it so now I'm stuck, but I'll just get it in August.

Coxy100

Banned
Nope

Because

a) waste of money
b) I don't like the white - all my other equipment is black
c) I like the power brick on the outside (heat)
d) I can't spare one of the USB ports for the kinect adapter - I like my dedicated port for kinect as it spares up the USB
e) my current X1 is near silent - wouldn't want to risk it becoming noisy...

Been thinking of getting another XB1 for my kids to use.

So I might get an S and use that for myself, and give the kids my Day One model - as they'll play Kinect Rivals.

Smokey

I was but ---

not sure now. the UHD player is nice, but I don't have a 4k TV yet. May reconsider when/if I get a nice set this year.

_SAKY_

I'm on the fence. I'm 99% digital but my XB1 BR drive failed after heavy movie watching. Probably will just deal with it and trade up for Scorpio.

//DEVIL//

Nope

Because

a) waste of money
b) I don't like the white - all my other equipment is black
c) I like the power brick on the outside (heat)
d) I can't spare one of the USB ports for the kinect adapter - I like my dedicated port for kinect as it spares up the USB
e) my current X1 is near silent - wouldn't want to risk it becoming noisy...

Actually. i really think this is a smart answer. i sold my xbox to my local store and he still has it. he actually says if i want it, i can have it back. but yes my xbox one was also near silent. no hear. modifed system even ( halo Cover, 1TB HDD from the Elite console ( the hyped one ) and no coil whine coming from it either. ( most new xbox one has faint coil whine if you put your ear on the fan while its on the dashboard )

Microsoft never explained how the new hardware revision will play the games "better". Knowing how they like to boast, I guess we are talking about 1-2 fps difference. The "HDR goodness" they talked about in the conference sounds like they just fixed their bad gamma.
I don't know, if it's the same console and it just stays hidden in your media center, what difference does it make?

Will depend entirely on what kind of trade in promo GameStop is offering. I'm thinking if I can get one for less than $150 out of pocket (tax included) then I might go ahead and swap. I have the Forza Motorsport 6 1TB console from last fall and I'd be looking to get at least that much space again, though IIRC the introductory Xbox One S will be 2TB? I like the way the new one looks and the default white would match my PS4 (I have the White Destiny PS4 from 2014 -- the one without any artwork, plain white).

I also have the Elite Controller as my only controller at the moment, and I know from working there previously that they require a controller on trade-in. When I worked there and people had situations like this, I'd usually just accept the trade-in with the brand new packed-in controller from the new console, but it's really up to the working supervisor. Obviously I'd love to keep my Elite controller over the new one.

Lucifon

Tempting, looks really nice. Probably not worth it though, will just wait for scorpio unless there's an awesome deal. Also don't like the idea of having to use a USB port for the Kinect.

No, I can't really justify buying a form-factor improvement when the Scorpio is right around the corner. Maybe if I had a pressing need (ie, if my current XB1 broke or I wanted to give it to a nephew or something), but otherwise it just seems fundamentally absurd.

TBiddy

Nope, I don't see the point. I don't have a 4K tv and have no plans on buying one for several years.

Microsoft never explained how the new hardware revision will play the games "better". Knowing how they like to boast, I guess we are talking about 1-2 fps difference. The "HDR goodness" they talked about in the conference sounds like they just fixed their bad gamma.
I don't know, if it's the same console and it just stays hidden in your media center, what difference does it make?

It's just a slimmer console. It's not gonna make the current Xbox One games play any different. At best the load times might be faster. I'd be surprised if there was a slight FPS boost.

Scrawnton

I'm gonna stick with my current Xbox until scorpion comes out. I do have a 4K tv, but its able to stream its own 4K content.

DanielJr82

I wish I could, but I honestly can't afford it. Mortgage, bills, car, food, unexpected house expenses... all have priority.

Yes, unless the Neo is announced before then with UHD capabilities or they didn't think to allow bitstream out. 4K + Atmos is my new favorite thing

Colombo

Currently my answer is No! The S is going to retail for AU$549 according to a retailer listing which is just too steep. In comparison EB Games is currently having a great 2 day only special for an Xbox One 1tb with an Elite Controller for $399! I would upgrade to that If I had the cash now but really $400 is the maximum price I would pay.

Is the stock Ps4 getting a UHD update? If it isn't, and the S has UMD playback, I'll get one for that feature.

edit: actually, since I did sell off my 360 some time ago I suppose it would be nice having access to some of my live/arcade titles that were brought forward.

bobone

No way.
People talk about the large size of the XboxOne like its a bad thing. I am very confident in the longevity of that system. Microsoft lost billions on Xbox 360 hardware failures, so the One is probably the most solid console you will ever get.
Reliability beats size in my opinion.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Nah, mine is day one. I dont trade my day one stuff. Want to see how many years it lasts.

SpotAnime

Actually, I might. I've been thinking about moving the One out of my entertainment center to make way for the PS4/Neo when it comes out, so this will be a way for me to easily move it to another part of the room and store it vertically so it doesn't take up much space. And I won't have to worry about line of sight as the controller will be Bluetooth.

If there's a good trade-in deal where I can get it for under $100, I'd definitely think about it.

I'm considering it. Almost wish the S wasn't coming out so my currently model wouldn't drop so much in price by the time Scorpio comes out..

For those with Xbox one console, are you considering trading your console for the new one ? mainly for the extra stuff added / better controller / smaller size console ?

what if the S console was indeed able to play the current games with a little better frames / resolution ( even if its a tiny difference ) thanks to it's little extra power it has.

Well, I have a 4K UHD TV now, so Microsoft has practically forced my hand. :p I've struck a deal with my friend to sell my Xbox One to him at a low price. He's never had a current-gen system, so it's time to bring him up to speed.

Blam

Yeah probably, I like the white color on it imo and I really wanted the normal white Xbox but ya know never could have got it until now.

//DEVIL//

Already sold mine waiting for S...but may not get it if there's an announcement for ps4 neo (would sell my current ps4 as well)

i am already thinking of selling my current PS4 as well. the only thing holding me back is mine the MGS5 edition which is really nice, no loud noise coming from my unit like many new gen PS4 ( yes even the new models of the PS4 some has a really loud fan, i had a new model white one and it was killing me, returned it and bought this MGS limited edition console and its whisper quite. ) and the second reason is no news when the Neo is out so i might be out of console playing for long time to come.

Theorry

Dont see any reason. Dont have 4K TV or watch blurays and my TV doesnt have HDR.
Dont mind the size also of the console. Got used to it and its not in the way or anything. And next year is Scorpio time.

Top Bottom