• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Customer Services - Cake or Death?

JP

Bear with me on this, please don't take it too seriously. The original pre-release thread is locked and I didn't want to litter the Uncharted 4 [OT] with this.

I'm going to tell you a story. Once upon a time...
01_19.png~original

It all went through exactly as they said and I ended up with a credit of $79.99 which I then used to order one of the pricey Christmas titles that I wanted anyway as I'd already bought the game on my UK account.

Perfectly happy with everything that happened until I logged into my USA account late last week and noticed that the game was still showing as being owned by me which was two moths after getting the refund. Being one of the good guy I decided to let them know about it so that they could remove the license for that from my USA account. There's no point owning the game on both of our accounts and I wanted to avoid confusion moving forwards.

I spoke to them using live chat again and they made me do the standard thing of renewing licenses and that sort of stuff, which I'd already done anyway. They then decided that they would have to escalate as it wasn't an issue they were aware of and they just didn't know how to do what I wanted to do. They said the escalation team would contact me about it in 3 to 5 working days.

I was happy, no complaints at all about any of this

I received the promised email from them earlier, just as they promised but it didn't say what I was expecting.

I'm assuming everybody spotted the error there? They want to give me a second credit of $79.99, as well as let me keep the game. I kept the chat log and specifically made a point of stating that I didn't want a refund, I didn't want anything from them, I wanted to give them something.

I'm half tempted to try again live chat again but I'm growing concerned that if I keep this up that I may just bankrupt them by trying to give them stuff. That's already theirs. It's like something has gone so wrong that it's collapsed in on itself and become right as it emerged on the other side. Now I'm going to have to pre-order another expensive Christmas game.

I want to buy a PlayStation VR headset and a Neo but I really don't know if they can afford me buying more stuff off them.

Screw anybody who states that they have the worst customer services, they clearly have the best customer services that I've ever experienced in my entire life.

kU0g3xMPHfhmg.gif

Bastables

But Eddie has already concluded the glaring issue of the offer; eventually the inquisition/Playstation Support will run out of cake :(

Top Bottom