• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox 360 100 GB hd announced

Big_T

Microsoft announced 100 GB HD for xbox 360 at X 06 Korea
http://www.gameinside.co.kr/bbs/read.html?table=bbs_newest&page=1&num=196&no=337&d epth=0
1161252378_5.jpg

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
Just give me my 500GB external 360-compatible HD and Live Markeplace downloadable HD TV episodes already.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
What about the price? Or maybe this is supposed to replace the old HDD on the market eventually? And will it even be released outside Korea?

jarrod

Banned
Nah, they'll charge $99 for and just drop the 20GB to $59 or something.

I'm still waiting for that WiFi dongle to drop below $99. :(

Zep

Banned
Benadryl Hitman said:
Can't you move saved files to a memory card temporarily?

:lol Another $40 down the drain. And not quite sure I can fit a 900mb demo on a 64mb memory card. But I notice you said "save files" so my fault it I came of sarcastic.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
DaddyZ said:
Wait...this coming with something to transfer my save files?
Hopefully some Live Anywhere feature will let users transfer content to their PC and back. Would be nice imo.

Meier

They should give it to current 360 users for free. Come on MS, you can afford to bleed some cash.. :( Or bundle it with the HD-DVD.. I'd buy both for $200!

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
I don't get it though, why can't we just buy our own HDDs and use instead of being forced to buy only MS HDDs? Is there some kind of hardware limitation going on here? Or are MS just out to make a ton of money by overcharging like crazy?

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
BuddyC said:
And just how am I supposed to transfer all my files and saves, hmm?

Best Buy would be happy to do that for you, as well as install your new hard drive for $50.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Are 360 drives 7200 or 5400rpm? That'd probably fairly substantially affect price.

Standard drives in that range seem to be ~$100, or quite a bit more at 7200rpm if you wanna use that as a basis for your estimations before factoring in the typical 'inflation' with proprietary stuff.

Tieno

BuddyC said:
And just how am I supposed to transfer all my files and saves, hmm?
Why buy a memory card of course! Better get the 256mb, it'll get the job done faster!

jarrod

Banned
I've got a media center PC... they should release a patch to back up saves there. I don't wanna buy a memory card.

Thankfully Live itself backs up all downloads, achievements, scores, arcade games, etc... but I can't lose my RR6/Dead Rising/Oblivion data. :(

DaddyZ said:
:lol Another $40 down the drain.
It sucks, but knowing how companies love money I am guessing that is what you are going to have to do.

And not quite sure I can fit a 900mb demo on a 64mb memory card.
You can always redownload that stuff. Backing up save games is more important.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
BTW, why does the '100 GB' look like it's been photoshopped into the pic? And why was this revealed in Korea, of all places? :p

jarrod

Banned
A_Lee_N said:
.. all five games that work on 360.
Hey, maybe it'll finally encorage them to work on the SEGA/From stuff?

Hitler Stole My Potato said:
You know, you don't have to buy their Wi-Fi package. You can go over to Radio Shack and buy one off the shelf for 30 bucks and it'll work just fine.
I like hand holding when installing stuff.

jjasper

Hitler Stole My Potato said:
You know, you don't have to buy their Wi-Fi package. You can go over to Radio Shack and buy one off the shelf for 30 bucks and it'll work just fine.

Really I didn't know that, I thought they were locked out?

Dr_Cogent

Banned
I don't ever see myself buying a bigger hard drive. I will just clean off the fluff when I have to to make room.

Demos and videos aren't that important to me. Old ones can be removed without much care.

jarrod

Banned
The only thing you need to transfer are game saves. All downloads can just be redownloaded, even premium stuff.

Tieno

The only important save I've got is the Oblivion one, the rest can rot in hell. But I'm not buying an MC just to transfer. Let me upload a couple of saves to MS's servers and then redownload them. Let it timeout after a week or something, unless you've experienced problems.

tedtropy said:
Just give me my 500GB external 360-compatible HD and Live Markeplace downloadable HD TV episodes already.

You can download those from the net now anyway. Here's hoping the HD-DVD drive will allow us to watch TS files and maybe even x264 encodes.

Top Bottom