• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is Baskin Robbins good ice cream?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nilbog21

Banned
my girlfriendf is obsessed with this stuff, but to me it taste awful. Is it good ice cream ?

Screen+Shot+2014-04-22+at+1.26.40+PM.png

Baskin-Robbins is quality mass product ice cream. It's the best in its class.

For something more, though, you'd want to upgrade to Straus Family Creamery or even just make your own.

Homemade ice cream is always going to be the best.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Gold Medal Ribbon from Baskin Robbins is one of the best things I've ever eaten. Makes a good milkshake, too.

In terms of mass produced chain ice cream, Baskin Robbins is the best around.

Bane

It's fine in that ice cream is rarely ever bad. But it's nothing special either. It's serviceable mid-tier stuff, sure.

Nah, Cold Stone is way better

depends on what you're looking for. I'm not a big Cold Stone fan because I hate having ice cream loaded with a bunch of toppings. I'm more of a plain sherbet kind of guy and love Baskin Robbin's Wild n Reckless sherbet. Of course taste varies.

The very best ice cream. Cold Stone comes close, I've never liked Häagen-Dazs.

I buy tubs of Baskin Robbins sometimes just to eat it straight.

120v

never thought it was anything special... but it's been years (decades?) since i stepped foot in one

come to think of it i don't even think they're still around in my area

It's solid, inoffensive ice cream.

People seems to think they are more premium than they actually are, until they go there a few times. They're the Honda of ice cream.

harSon

Banned
dat banana milkshake with fresh banana is on point

too bad i'm allergic to bananas now, and have grown to be lactose intolerant

goldenpp72

Nope, you can beat them by going to the store easily, they don't offer much from my memory anyways. Places like Culvers, Cold Stone and even DQ offer a more unique flavor/reason to not just eat it at home.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Been nearly a decade since I've had it but I remember liking it.

However I've since had Coldstone and Marble Slab which have seemed to take over the boutique ice cream business so who knows?

Used to love it as a kid. Got a free pint (maybe a quart?) coupon after giving blood several years ago and it tasted different. Just ok, nothing memorable.

mr2xxx

Banned
I don't think you can actually fuck up ice cream to the point that its actually bad, not a weird flavor but this vanilla ice cream vs that other brand. Those dipping dot things are garbage though, but that shouldn't count.

Hexa

What's the best reasonably cheap ice cream you can get in stores?
I go for Edy's, Friendly's, and Turkey Hill. Can't stand Breyer's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom