• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The boxart of the PS4 version of Rise of the Tomb Raider sure looks familliar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BY2K

Membero Americo
WyzFFod.jpg

I mean, seriously.

EDIT: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

The release date for Rise of the Tomb Raider on PlayStation 4 was announced this morning as October 11, including a ton of new content based around the series' 20th Anniversary. The box art was also revealed and has drawn some comparisons to the recently released Nathan Drake Collection.

Neil Druckmann, creative director and writer at Naughty Dog, took to Twitter this morning after the official announcement to throw in his two cents on the similarities between the two game's box arts. He playfully joked about the recent controversy surrounding Melania Trump's Republican National Convention speech, parts of which bore significant resemblance to a speech previously given by Michelle Obama. Druckmann quickly noted that he was joking and still very excited to play Rise of the Tomb Raider.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
All the TR stans trying to downplay this when the silhouettes styles are exactly the same while the previous concept is a totally different. yall keep grasping

The boxart of the Nathan Drake collection sure looks familliar.

NsztZ8vl.jpg

I mean, seriously.

I have never seen this boxart anywhere it was definitely not used for retail on consoles anyway. Ah I see it was on a book...okay then...also looking at it more I don't really think it looks much like the other two personally but honestly who cares either way.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
All the TR stans trying to downplay this when the silhouettes styles are exactly the same while the previous concept is a totally different. yall keep grasping

ND invented silhouettes

Unknown?

Ever since they rebooted Tomb Raider I think they've been jealous that Uncharted stole their crown. They've been taking heavily from Uncharted's gameplay.

I'm really not sure if I want Rise on PS4. When it comes out I'll have lots of other games to play and I already have Uncharted 4 which I liked way more.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
eh, I wouldn't say the aesthetic of NDC is that similar to this, at least not in the same vein as the ROTR to the NDC.

It is almost literally the same picture of Lara that's used in RoTR, they're way more similar than NDC and RoTR...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom