• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitter has just banned Milo Yiannopoulos permanently

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoa.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/charliewar...ve-writer-milo?utm_term=.ya34dV5ZZ#.oyR9wZN00

After years of provocation, Twitter has permanently banned Milo Yiannopoulos (@Nero) from its service.

Yiannopoulos, who currently serves as Breitbart.com’s tech editor, has been hailed as a standout voice of the new “alt-right” movement. As such, he has made a living as a provocateur, continually inflaming tensions between progressive branches of the internet focused on identity politics and the fervently anti-PC segment that constantly trolls it. For years, Yiannopoulous has used Twitter not only to voice his controversial opinions but to direct his legion of followers (388,042 at the time of this writing) toward his opponents. As a result, he’s been temporarily banned from Twitter a number of times for violating terms of service and stripped of his verification.

But this time — according to Twitter — he’s gone too far. This week, Yiannopoulos led a harassment campaign against Ghostbusters actor Leslie Jones, which led to the SNL cast member’s decision to leave Twitter. The tweets, many of which targeted Jones for being black and a woman, were the final straw for Twitter, which is taking steps to try to solve its harassment problem.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
About time, great week to do it too.

The self hating pile of shit can make his own twitter for people to ignore him on.

cirrhosis

Good. He's absolute scum.

Hope there isn't a work-around for this. Frankly I'm surprised this banning even happened, Twitter being Twitter and all.

Breads

Banned
He is a hateful shithead that fetishist outrageous speech for his own personal gain over the social cost his bullshit fosters. He might have actually been the worst person on twitter considering the hate he inspired.

Vyse24

And nothing of value was lost.

Hopefully it's an IP ban so he won't join a day later under a fake name or some shit like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom