• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest X In Development For Nintendo NX

Kouriozan

So now it's official, I wonder why they had to backtrack on that statement last year.
I still have hope it'll release outside of Japan >.<

Eolz

Wasn't it officially said when they "slipped up" for XI on NX too?
Still, nice to see that confirmed again. Wii, WiiU, 3DS and NX!

"DRAGON QUEST IS COMING TO NX--okay, no it's not really coming--NAH GOTCHA IT'S COMING"

Well, good to bump a 99.9% up to a 100%, at least. Now for XI.

Yeah as said, it was "confirmed" during the DQ11 event, but I guess now it's officially official... :p

Now if we could get a definitive answer on DQ11 and if it'll be based on the PS4 version, but I guess that'll be at the NX's unveiling.

Vena

Yeah as said, it was "confirmed" during the DQ11 event, but I guess now it's officially official... :p

Now if we could get a definitive answer on DQ11 and if it'll be based on the PS4 version, but I guess that'll be at the NX's unveiling.

It'll be the PS4 UE4 version. No one's going to port a version that won't have trouble selling millions.

Neoxon

It'll be the PS4 UE4 version. No one's going to port a version that won't have trouble selling millions.
Didn't this report also mention the PS4 & NX versions together? That may indicate that the NX will get the UE4 version of DQ11.

MuchoMalo

Banned
"RECONFIRMED" for NX

Funny how NX getting all these console games, YET everything pointing towards handheld. This thang gon be stronk

The only true "console games" announced for it are Zelda and Just Dance, niether of which require current-gen power. DQX has a 3DS version, and every 3D Sonic since Colors has had a handheld version.

EDIT: Forgot the 3DS version was streamed, but that doesn't change the fact that DQX started as Wii game.

Vena

To be fair, aren't best-selling games up-ported all the time?

Sure, but not at the time they are selling and not when there's a second product that will have trouble reaching anywhere near the 3DS product (and probably cost a lot more to make given 1080p assets vs.... 240p assets).

For a second I thought this was the newest announced one but then I remembered that's 11 and 10 was the online one.

This basically confirms 11 was a real announcement too. Heck, given the launch timings, NX may just launch as DQXI releases.

L Thammy

DQ10 is playable on 3DS, but it isn't "on" 3DS. It and the smartphone version are streamed, PlayStation Now style. I doubt the NX version will be like that.

Oh, I don't think so either, but I don't think DQX being ported the system means anything for its power.

The only true "console games" announced for it are Zelda and Just Dance. DQX has a 3DS version, and every 3D Sonic since Colors has had a handheld version.
Yeah but for Sonic is the outlier to me. That one just makes it feel better.

I don't know why a port of a Wii game is an indication that it will be strong.
I dont know either thats just how I feel. To be fair I mean strong in terms of a handheld.

Panda Rin

Sure, but not at the time they are selling and not when there's a second product that will have trouble reaching anywhere near the 3DS product (and probably cost a lot more to make given 1080p assets vs.... 240p assets).

This basically confirms 11 was a real announcement too. Heck, given the launch timings, NX may just launch as DQXI releases.

DQXI is still a long ways away.

edit: right? We've only seen tech demo footage

AdanVC

Holy shit sunday megaton. <3 Hope all of the current AAA titles that Square is developing can make it on the NX. FFXV, FF7 remake, KH3, etc.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Okay, so, this is a personal and somewhat complex web of nonsense involving a highly unstable individual I was friends and briefly FWBs with, but I can only assume there will be a never-ending clusterfuck on gaf now until the end of time, which inevitably involves you guys and gals on the mod team in some way, so I'm an open book here. The woman in question ended up being completely psychotic and held a grudge against me after a bizarre love triangle situation developed a few years ago between me, her, and another girl (the other girl I ended up in a long-term relationship with shortly thereafter). This NOLA story she apparently just put up on social media is a delusion of a deeply disturbed person who had a total psychological breakdown as a result of me and the other girl getting together, because she (phew, yeah...) became obsessively infatuated with the other girl (she's bi) on sight when the three of us met up. I wanted to just stay friends with the girl making the accusation and made it super super clear ahead of time that me and the other girl were interested in each other romantically and that could play out as such when we met up. Supposedly this was not a problem for her from accusation, but in reality she uhhh wanted me to die painfully after seeing me and the other girl interact. Plus she became infatuated with the other girl simultaneously to this (she's bi), which created the aforementioned bizarre love triangle that ended up causing her to implode and have an apparently very intense and long-lasting grudge. The whole story about how that love triangle thing played out is, frankly, nuts and scary, and involves this girl bringing us to a compound of dangerous scientology spinoff cultists on that same trip, who roofied us, attempted to recruit/scam me and attempted to abduct/rape the girl I ended up dating, in what was a fucking scary situation that resulted in me and the other girl and the rest of my friend circle never speaking to this girl from the accusation again.

Slaythe

People that honestly thing they're getting PS4 DQ11 on NX... You're going to be quite disappointed.

And you shouldn't, but an HD version of the 3DS game is gonna be RAD. Looks unique and great too IMO.

Aeana

DQ10 3DS was on shelves for, like, a week. It stopped being a thing a long time ago.

Huh? It was removed from sale for a very short period. It's been back available for quite a long time. You can get it from the eShop right now, for free. It comes with a 10 hour trial.

Rodin

People that honestly thing they're getting PS4 DQ11 on NX... You're going to be quite disappointed.

And you shouldn't, but an HD version of the 3DS game is gonna be RAD. Looks unique and great too IMO.
What does this mean then?
The PlayStation 4 and Nintendo NX versions will be the “climax” of the game.

Top Bottom