• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Castlevania Portrait of Ruin: Anime Opening

MoxManiac

I sure as hell agree that PoR will rock. But it sure isn't due to this ****ing anime shit they seem intent on stuffing in the portable Castlevanias. :/

tanasten

glad to heard people isn't stupid anymore
I hate the anime style. Bring back the classic gothic style!

I want this game soon. Got pre-ordered with the bonus. Can't wait.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
:(

I think i like this one a tad bit better than Dawn of Sorrow's.
Brauner looks dumb as shit as always though..

PolyGone

Banned
I wonder...

was it really easier for them to make 3d models and cel shade them to look like they were hand drawn, rather than just out source this to some anime contractor? hm

tanasten

Dragona Akehi said:
Where is Kojima? Ugh.

Those designs are from her. Igarashi is to blame as he thought that this style fits more the DS userbase. Stupid madafacka!

FauX said:
What I want is to Konami bring back Alucard... SotN 2 FOTW!
We have Soma story line wich is better and Alucard is still in. :)

RSP

Reminds me; I hope it's not "back to the titlescreen" after you die. Just give me an option to start from a savepoint

FauX

tanasten said:
We have Soma story line wich is better and Alucard is still in. :)

Come on man! I want alucard as a Main Character, not like a bonus or extra.... you know your heart... you need alucard. :)

Caaz

Need, no... would be cool, but Alucard without his special abilities isn't the same thing...
I like the intro, though... the better art style helps. Not a manga fan, but I really like Charlotte's design.

looks pretty damn good.. wtf. This isn't a 3d game why cell shading? It would look pretty bad on ds anyways with all the aliasing.

DESU!?
suiseisekiop5.jpg

Ranger X

Wow. This ALMOST makes me like the artstyle.
Awesome intro. I need this game a bit more. (already sold since a long time here)

anotheriori said:
looks pretty damn good.. wtf. This isn't a 3d game why cell shading? It would look pretty bad on ds anyways with all the aliasing.

DESU!?
suiseisekiop5.jpg

Portrait of ruin joins the ever grown list of 4chan memes.

Branduil

I don't see what you guys are complaining about. That was better than the Dawn of Sorrow one.

Also, those girls are so totally Suiseiseki and Souseiseki.

tanasten

FauX said:
Come on man! I want alucard as a Main Character, not like a bonus or extra.... you know your heart... you need alucard. :)

I love Alucard, but I think Soma is almost as cool. They look the same. The thing is that Alucard is the true herein of Dracula, the surprise we had time ago with his story was amazing. The thing is that with the actual storyline (not portrait of Ruin of course) we can have Alucard and Soma, which it's better.

I think that Iga should think of fushionize them together, to make a superb character, born with fantastic characters background. Also, this formula would open for new Alucards and news Somas. Wuoldn't be this cool?

Fireblend

Banned
Seriously, am I the only one who think it's actually decent? Sure, the gothic style was probably much cooler, but I wouldn't really complain about this...

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Made my anticipation for the game go down. Luckily it'll probably be back up when I get the game, but damn they need to bring Kojima back.

At least it was better than the DoS opening... yeah.......... please bring Kojima back. :(

temjin

Banned
I think the style is pretty damned good, and executed very well. Sure, it's not Gothic like we alllllllllllll want it to be, but it's still slick and awesome.

This game is going to own.

Sagitario

This is definitely better than the one in DoS... better designs [whatever you like them or not], better animation, better quality...

The music is excellent... I can't wait for this game... :D

Better than I expected but if it looks as compressed as the DoS video was, it almost seems pointless to put it in.

And I was lolling at the end with the Wily/Sigma "world is under my control" thing.

Branduil

Shard said:
What the hell is that anyway?

Suiseiseki is character from the anime and manga series Rozen Maiden.

rozenmaidendn4.jpg

The basic premise of the show is there are these living dolls that must defeat each other in something called the "Alice Game" in order to become the perfect woman and gain the affection of their creater, Rozen.

Suiseiseki is one of the more popular characters because of her amusing personality and distinctive features, like her heterochromic eyes and her tendency to end all her sentences with the Japanese copula "desu."

For some reason she become popular on 4chan and now everyone only knows about her because of that stupid site.

Suiseiseki has a sister, Souseiseki, who also has heterochromic eyes. Anotheriori brought up Suiseiseki because two of the characters in that trailer are dead ringers for Suiseiseki and her sister.

This informative anime post has been brought to you by Branduil.

temjin

Banned
Branduil said:
Suiseiseki is character from the anime and manga series Rozen Maiden.

The basic premise of the show is there are these living dolls that must defeat each other in something called the "Alice Game" in order to become the perfect woman and gain the affection of their creater, Rozen.

Suiseiseki is one of the more popular characters because of her amusing personality and distinctive features, like her heterochromic eyes and her tendency to end all her sentences with the Japanese copula "desu."

For some reason she become popular on 4chan and now everyone only knows about her because of that stupid site.

Suiseiseki has a sister, Souseiseki, who also has heterochromic eyes. Anotheriori brought up Suiseiseki because two of the characters in that trailer are dead ringers for Suiseiseki and her sister.

This informative anime post has been brought to you by Branduil.
I think it has something to do with the fact that she's cute and 4chan love their cute naked anime characters.

Branduil

temjin said:
I think it has something to do with the fact that she's cute and 4chan love their cute naked anime characters.

Well, they love their underage anime characters.

She's never actually naked on the show, though. Not that there would be anything to see, considering she's a doll.

temjin

Banned
I've been on 4chan many a time to see naked/underage illustrations of her.

Those 4channians think of everything I tells you. I've seen Pikachu's with bigger penises than me :(

Taichu

Not bad. The 3D models seemed a little lifeless. The original Castlevania on DS had a better intro I think.

Branduil said:
Wait, you visit 4chan just to see naked pics of her?
wait... you don't..?

I actually liked Rozen Maiden series, the dolls are adorable especially Desu, Shinku and Junk.

granted that the castlevania opening with animu style doesn't appeal to everyone but the quality of the animation was rather good imo.

Branduil said:

Women plotting behind each others' backs to gain the favor of a man? I guess feminism HASN'T reached Japan yet. The very concept of that anime is revolting.

Branduil

Virgin Wii said:
Women plotting behind each others' backs to gain the favor of a man? I guess feminism HASN'T reached Japan yet. The very concept of that anime is revolting.

Actually they treat him as their father.

And later events reveal that he probably doesn't want them fighting each other after all.

Top Bottom