• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Active shooter at Crabtree Valley Mall in Raleigh, NC

Status
Not open for further replies.
This guy is doing some pretty decent calm-headed reporting on the matter. So far, no injuries other than people trampling each other in the panic.

@bob_owens

I'd like to reiterate that there is NOT an active shooter at CrabtreeMall.

There were 1-6 shots an HOUR ago.

BlueDevil

It's crazy. I frequent that mall a lot, as it's the closest one to me.

Thoughts and prayers with everyone caught in the situation

IfritTower

Neo Member
What the fuck is happening Raleigh today? I hope no one is hurt... I'll be calling friends and family to make sure theyre ok.

Raleigh Police Statement:

Reports of shooting received at 2:30pm

Mall on lockdown still: No one in or out

No arrests have been made

No one with gunshot wounds has been located

Tamanon

Banned
I'm not entirely sure there's an actual shooter. Might've been an overreaction to a sound in the food court area. There are tons of police out there now, but thus far, no suspect, and no shooting injuries reported.

Memory

I'm not entirely sure there's an actual shooter. Might've been an overreaction to a sound in the food court area. There are tons of police out there now, but thus far, no suspect, and no shooting injuries reported.

That's good to hear, hopefully its just a false alarm.

Why would their career be damaged? For dropping something and having people think its gunfire?

...Yes? It resulted in an evacuation, mass-hysteria, several trampling injuries, and an ongoing police investigation.

Which caused a loss of business for the day, and with it a loss of revenue in a sector that already has shit margins, worse if anyone who got trampled sues. If this happened because of someone having a workplace accident, it's a massive screwup for them. People get fired for a lot less all the time in retail.

(I'm not saying any hypothetical individual should be fired for it happening. I'm not that kind of person. But I think we all know that any manager would be essentially forced to fire Mr/s. X for this if it could be pinned on them.)

Personally I'm erring on the side of some equipment failure happening. The noise I hear in videos sounds like a cheap xenon tube exploding.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
...Yes? It resulted in an evacuation, mass-hysteria, several trampling injuries, and an ongoing police investigation.

Which caused a loss of business for the day, and with it a loss of revenue in a sector that already has shit margins, worse if anyone who got trampled sues. If this happened because of someone having a workplace accident, it's a massive screwup for them. People get fired for a lot less all the time in retail.

That sounds completely mental. The only way this happens is if some workers intentionally did this as a prank or something. If they were, for example, moving a kiosk and it slipped making a loud noise, the idea that the workers are at fault and should face punishment in their job is crazy talk. Its not their fault that people freaked out at a sound that was beyond their control. If these theoretical workers get fired they wont have to call a lawyer because lawyers will be calling them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom