• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantasy Star Universe; I love Sega now.

ivysaur12

Banned
Sega isn't a very good company anymore. Actually, they're quite pitiful. They've ruined Sonic, and are ruining him even more with Sonic and his Shitty Friends, they've failed to give us sequels to games we love like NiGHTS and Skies of Arcadia, and they're just all around meh-tastic.

PSU, however, is not a mistake by Sega. Not at all. Infact, it's the best Sega game in a long time.

It's not PSV. Don't go into it thinking that. It has a nice little story mode to acompany the online mode, but it's basically a really easy glorified tutorial to get you Gamerpoints. The real meat is in the online mode. Sure, things are locked, but that doesn't make it any worse. Not at all. In fact, it's so refreshing to come online and see that people aren't already riding the huge ass Wyvern or have the level 2323 "I kill you dead!" technique. Sure, places are locked, but you rarely notice it, even if you're not with GAFfers because it's just so f'ing fun to play. It's just going to make it even better when content's unlocked, and I'm guessing those unlocked levels aren't going to be easy.

The real treat, however, is playing with your fellow GAFfers. Not only do you get to GAF through voice chat, but it's by far the most satisfying Live! experience I've ever had. Seriously, if you want to see what PSU is all about, join our little party and see how much fun we have.

I dig it, but I'm not sure its worth 10 bucks a month. I mean if this game can charge you to play online, Marvel Ultimate Alliance isn't too far off charging. Or any game with 4 to 6 player co-op.

Anyway, I really like the japanese influenced world. There's a few missions you can do where you're in the mountains with trees shedding their red leaves all over the place and its just gorgeous. Plus I like the boss fights. They're REAL boss fights. I mean they're hard in a way that I haven't seen boss fights be hard in games for a while now. Epic stuff.

Fun game, I just hope Sega is nice to us and doesn't **** us over somehow with keeping the game locked for too long, microtransactions, etc.

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
I won't bitch about 10$ a month, I'll just say that I picked up the game yesterday and played until I fell asleep. Had a blast.

I figure it this way, I blow $10 a month on more worthless crap than PSU. I like PSU, so what the hell. . .

I mean if this game can charge you to play online, Marvel Ultimate Alliance isn't too far off charging.

Yes, but can you stare at catgirl underboob in MUA? No.

And that alone is worth $10. :D

Plus I can't wait until Sega opens the dance club in the mall. OH YEAH! Shake it, shake it! Shake it!

robot

great game - well worth the $10. for those worried about joining a random group of babbling idiots, so far every party i joined isnt even using thier mics - just preloaded message bubbles.

ivysaur12

Banned
By the way, if anyone wants to join our little 360 brigade, just tell me when you're on, your gamertag, and your PSO character name. Trust me, it's so much fun.

ivysaur12 said:
Sega isn't a very good company anymore. Actually, they're quite pitiful. They've ruined Sonic, and are ruining him even more with Sonic and his Shitty Friends, they've failed to give us sequels to games we love like NiGHTS and Skies of Arcadia, and they're just all around meh-tastic.

The real treat, however, is playing with your fellow GAFfers. Not only do you get to GAF through voice chat, but it's by far the most satisfying Live! experience I've ever had. Seriously, if you want to see what PSU is all about, join our little party and see how much fun we have.

That really should be the name of their next game:

"Sonic and His Shitty Friends" (coming to stores Nov. 22)

I would like to buy PSU, but with GOW and Rainbow Six around the corner, I probably won't have enough time to play it.

penguini

Banned
ivysaur12 said:

No doubt about it! This is a great game on its own merits, but the party you play with can really make this a special gaming experience. To those of you sitting on the fence play with a group of GAFers and the $10 a month seems so so worth it.

ivysaur12

Banned
Victrix said:
Praising Sega because playing games with cool people is fun is more than a little ridiculous

Right, cause playing a game while we're all hating it is fun?

Seriously, the game is über awesome. It's the best hack-and-slash ever created. All the levels are colorful and creative (except your basic forest level, but even that's pretty lush) and the online mechanics are spot on. The only reason I didn't mention this is because every one is pretty certain that the gameplay mechanics are good, it's getting their money's worth that's the question.

Nice try though, that was cute.

Hate to potentially muck up an otherwise positive topic, but this was one time too many to pass up.

ivysaur12 said:

stewie.gif

"Aha ha ha. Oh, gosh that's funny. That's really funny. Do you write your own material? Do you? Because that is so fresh. Sonic and his Shitty Friends. You know, I've never heard anyone make that joke before. Mmm. You're the first. I've never heard anyone reference, reference that outside the strip before. Because that's what he says in the comic, right? Isn't it? Sonic and his Shitty Friends. God, what a clever, smart GAFfer you must be, to come up with a reference like that all by yourself. Mmm, that's so fresh too. Any wang jokes you want to throw at me while we're hitting these at the height of their popularity? Hmm? Cause... I'm here.

God you're SO funny."

Kulock said:
Hate to potentially muck up an otherwise positive topic, but this was one time too many to pass up.

http://www.familyguyquotes.com/images/stewie.gif

"Aha ha ha. Oh, gosh that's funny. That's really funny. Do you write your own material? Do you? Because that is so fresh. Sonic and his Shitty Friends. You know, I've never heard anyone make that joke before. Mmm. You're the first. I've never heard anyone reference, reference that outside the strip before. Because that's what he says in the comic, right? Isn't it? Sonic and his Shitty Friends. God, what a clever, smart GAFfer you must be, to come up with a reference like that all by yourself. Mmm, that's so fresh too. Any wang jokes you want to throw at me while we're hitting these at the height of their popularity? Hmm? Cause... I'm here.

God you're SO funny."

I'm certain there is some irony in referencing a reference that is referencing someone referencing a reference. I just can't put my finger on it...

Edit: On topic - I'm waiting until next year. If it's still hot, I'll try it once I get my "stop 'n pop" fix.

White Man

ivysaur12 said:
Seriously, the game is über awesome. It's the best hack-and-slash ever created. All the levels are colorful and creative (except your basic forest level, but even that's pretty lush) and the online mechanics are spot on. The only reason I didn't mention this is because every one is pretty certain that the gameplay mechanics are good, it's getting their money's worth that's the question.

gameost_diablo2.jpg

Alex

It's the best hack-and-slash ever created.

:lol :lol :lol

I love classic PSO and all, and I'm sure I'll enjoy PSU when some of the junk get sorted, but wow...

PSO is way, way too archaic, shodily managed and brain dead to even compete with the upper tier stuff. It was fun because it's addictive, fluffy anime eye candy with competent mechanics.

It was a really fun online console grind game, it didn't do much but what it did, it did quite well. But best hack and slash ever...?

And that's PSO, PSU isn't even half the game PSO was at it's peak yet. Man I wouldn't even call it the best online co-op RPG even on the PS2, Monster Hunter handily mops it's ass across the floor.

Man, I'm really sorry, I know I am coming off as a total prick, but that's a hell of a bold claim considering things at the moment.

White Man

ManaByte said:
Speaking of that, has anyone heard of any issues running DII/SC/WCII on a Macintel?

I run D2 + expansion fine. Warcraft 3 runs fine, although I think I've seen people mention bugs in cutscenes (maybe?). The other 2, I dunno. IIRC, Blizzard said they ran fine on Rosetta due to their age and wouldn't need updates (same as W3 and D2).

ivysaur12

Banned
Alex said:
:lol :lol :lol

I love classic PSO and all, and I'm sure I'll enjoy PSU when some of the junk get sorted, but wow...

PSO is way, way too archaic, shodily managed and brain dead to even compete with the upper tier stuff. It was fun because it's addictive, fluffy anime eye candy with competent mechanics.

It was a really fun online console grind game, it didn't do much but what it did, it did quite well. But best hack and slash ever...?

And that's PSO, PSU isn't even half the game PSO was at it's peak yet. Man I wouldn't even call it the best online co-op RPG even on the PS2, Monster Hunter handily mops it's ass across the floor.

Man, I'm really sorry, I know I am coming off as a total prick, but that's a hell of a bold claim considering things at the moment.

Monster Hunter isn't that good... PSO was way better, even before its prime, than MH.

EDIT: And PSU, as of now, is a better game than PSO, even though some content is still locked. It's just as addicting, it's epic, and there's a ton to do, even now. Not to mention that it's the best, ok, I'll fix this, CONSOLE hack and slash ever. But that's still saying something.

And you bought the PSU version, so you can't talk.

Alex

Well, I'm not going to slam anyone for liking PSU, hell, I like it, I'm just really freaking dissapointed in some of the changes, omissions and how they've picked to handle the fee/content distribution.

But man, yeah, I mean... *insert a chain of other game boxes*

Obviously, opinions are going to vary, but I'd really like to hear some of the logistics on why it's such a fabulous, soul shatteringly good game to trump everything else.

Alex

ivysaur12 said:
Monster Hunter isn't that good... PSO was way better, even before its prime, than MH.

Monster Hunter has... Let's see...

~It has like 10x the content,

~A signifigantly better battle engine,

~True weapon variety, and mechanics

~A competent UI and friend system,

~Probably the best farm/synthesis system in a co-op RPG

~And some of the most brilliant boss fights in all of gaming, MH's Wyvern fights >>> all.

~Total visual variation in equipment

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Alex said:
Obviously, opinions are going to vary, but I'd really like to hear some of the logistics on why it's such a fabulous, soul shatteringly good game to trump everything else.

Already tried in the other thread, regarding things like the much improved controls with lock-on, sidestep, strafing, the combo system, Photon Arts and the way you assign and level them up, the way enemies are knocked around revealing weak points, the dual-wielding in combos ... and so on and so on ... hardly going to try it again in this one.

The hate is strong.

SnakeswithLasers said:
I'm certain there is some irony in referencing a reference that is referencing someone referencing a reference. I just can't put my finger on it...

Trust me, the irony did not elude me. But I couldn't resist any longer. The constant parroting of a Penny Arcade strip five years old by now is ridiculous.

ivysaur12

Banned
Nash said:
Already tried in the other thread, regarding things like the much improved controls with lock-on, sidestep, strafing, the combo system, Photon Arts and the way you assign and level them up, the way enemies are knocked around revealing weak points, the dual-wielding in combos ... and so on and so on ... hardly going to try it again in this one.

The hate is strong.

EXACTLY.

You're angry cause you payed $50 for the shit-tastic PS2 version when you should have gotten the PC, or better yet the 360 version.

Also, Monster Hunter is a complete borefest and I can called it Sonic and his Shitty Friends all I want because that's what it should be called and anyone that tries to defend that abombination being made should rot in hell for all eternity with Amy Rose hitting you over and over and over and over again with her stupid mallet.

Alex

Nash said:

The hate is strong.

Almost everything you mentioned is pretty passive and/or expected, that's why. :p

A lot of your points are just list padding.

The controls can arguably be more clunky in terms of tech and item usage.

There is no Photon Art variety in the game at the moment, I've seen one Photon Art per weapon at my point, but I'll give you that I'm only about 15 hours in. And every Photon Art I've seen on a melee weapon does the *exact* same thing; a short combo with a knockback effect.

"They way they level"? You mean spamming them thousands of times, so they gain a little extra statistics bonus and eventually a third hit?

Not to mention they took out weak/hard/special attacks in order to put these in anyway.

PSU is a pure hack and slash, there is no need to "knock them around and reveal weakpoints". Do you really need to kill that enemy in 3 seconds instead of 5?

Dual Wielding is nice, but outside of Gun + Saber, that system pretty much doesn't exist.

Alex

ivysaur12 said:
EXACTLY.

You're angry cause you payed $50 for the shit-tastic PS2 version when you should have gotten the PC, or better yet the 360 version.

Also, Monster Hunter is a complete borefest and I can called it Sonic and his Shitty Friends all I want because that's what it should be called and anyone that tries to defend that abombination being made should rot in hell for all eternity with Amy Rose hitting you over and over and over and over again with her stupid mallet.

I own the PC version.

I'm not angry, just dissapointed that PSU is such a laughable step backwards from a Dreamcast game.

I'd say considering you're the one who had to make a parody thread, you're the upset one. :p

White Man

Alex said:
I own the PC version.

I'm not angry, just dissapointed that PSU is such a laughable step backwards from a Dreamcast game.

I'd say considering you're the one who had to make a parody thread, you're the upset one. :p

Yup. PSU is purely for the nostalgia-fueled. I bet the vast majority of people that play it that haven't touched the previous game are wondering what the big deal is.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Being totally honest, you come across as someone who went in expecting to hate it.

And "laughable step backwards from the Dreamcast version" is Ami level hyperbole.

ivysaur12

Banned
Alex said:
Almost everything you mentioned is pretty passive and/or expected, that's why. :p

A lot of your points are just list padding.

The controls can arguably be more clunky in terms of tech and item usage.

There is no Photon Art variety in the game at the moment, I've seen one Photon Art per weapon at my point, but I'll give you that I'm only about 15 hours in. And every Photon Art I've seen on a melee weapon does the *exact* same thing; a short combo with a knockback effect.

"They way they level"? You mean spamming them thousands of times, so they gain a little extra statistics bonus and eventually a third hit?

Not to mention they took out weak/hard/special attacks in order to put these in anyway.

PSU is a pure hack and slash, there is no need to "knock them around and reveal weakpoints". Do you really need to kill that enemy in 3 seconds instead of 5?

Dual Wielding is nice, but outside of Gun + Saber, that system pretty much doesn't exist.

Once you learn the control, at least on the 360 version, they're perfect. It was a little hard at first, but I really don't know what you mean by that.

Different Photon Arts are useful for different situations. Clearing enemies in a line, knocking them back, just making them fall in place...

Actually, they change a lot. My Bogga Danga, for instance, used to hit without making the enemies fall over. Now it hits, knocks them down, and then then kicks them far away.

The pure hack and slash is bs. Maybe not on Parum, but with many of the upper level monsters on Neudaiz, it's imperative that you know how to attack them. The stupid worms for one, and the robots for another example.

Gun + Saber is all there is so far, and I agree that it hasn't been used to the extent it could be, but I know that this will be used far more widely in the future.

White Man said:
Yup. PSU is purely for the nostalgia-fueled. I bet the vast majority of people that play it that haven't touched the previous game are wondering what the big deal is.

What nostalgia? Of PSO? PSU is SO MUCH better than PSO just beucase the combat is so much more in depth. PSO was just hack-slash-hack-slash-not even thinking about what I'm doing, PSU is, as said before, more strategic, even by just having so many different ways to attack an enemy.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Yeah, the controls take a while to adjust to from PSO, and work out the best way of using them.

But once you master things like the use of L1/L2 and R1/R2 to scroll and switch the item palette, you can do basically everythying while moving and not taking your thumb off analog or having to go into inventory like PSO.

Alex

How is it hyperbole? Episode 1 + 2 had more content, more variety, more modes, and arguably played a hell of a lot tighter with better presentation.

Plus it had the best thing ever; offline split-screen.

And no, I assure you, I came in expecting to adore it. I owned, at one point, every single edition of PSO.

I still will enjoy it, and I'll probably shut up once they unlock all of the content, but for now I am really not digging it.

I don't wanna argue about it, and I'm not trying to sway any opinions, I'd rather see folks enjoy a game than try to shake their faith in it
unless it's Xeno
so I'll ease off here, I said my bit plenty of times over.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Alex said:
How is it hyperbole? Episode 1 + 2 had more content, more variety, more modes, and arguably played a hell of a lot tighter with better presentation.

For a start, Episode I&II wasn't a Dreamcast game ...

;)

White Man

ivysaur12 said:
What nostalgia? Of PSO? PSU is SO MUCH better than PSO just beucase the combat is so much more in depth. PSO was just hack-slash-hack-slash-not even thinking about what I'm doing, PSU is, as said before, more strategic, even by just having so many different ways to attack an enemy.

So you've played PSO, then? Point proven.

The combat has been modernized with a few extremely common additions. The rhythm of the game is pretty much identical. It still feels kinda slow, the antithesis of nimble. Additions and all, the heart of the game is still designed by 2001-era ambitions with sme additional crafting piled on top.

ivysaur12

Banned
Alex said:

PSU has a (somewhat) competent single player mode, a hell of a better character customization mode, the My Room feature, the Extra mode, changable outfits, synthesis, user stores, 6 players, bigger worlds, more varied art direction, easy menus...

190346b.jpg

White Man said:

The combat has been modernized with a few extremely common additions. The rhythm of the game is pretty much identical. It still feels kinda slow, the antithesis of nimble. Additions and all, the heart of the game is still designed by 2001-era ambitions with sme additional crafting piled on top.

PSU is much faster than PSO ever was, especially if you get 4 players on there. Even 2 players on PSU, you can do stuff so much faster than you could in PSO. And what do you mean "heart" of the game? You mean a game that is just pure fun? I'm sure that's what most game designers strive to do, 2001 or 2006.

Alex

White Man said:

The crafting will be awesome for poor shmoes like me though. I am a synthesis addict, once they unlock all darn content, I will probably fall in too. :(

Alex

ivysaur12 said:
PSU has a (somewhat) competent single player mode, a hell of a better character customization mode, the My Room feature, the Extra mode, changable outfits, synthesis, user stores, 6 players, bigger worlds, more varied art direction, easy menus...

190346b.jpg

The single player is largely irrelevant. The single player *IS* better by gaping leaps in PSU though. The offline multi being gone *sucks* though, if they had that on Xbox 360... I'd probably have bought one

The customization... I think it's about the same, if not worse. All the clothing types and hairstyles are shared within a gender (baring CASTs). The problem is there's like... pitifully extra in the shops and salons and whatnot at the moment because Sega has locked it all.

Expert modes and half the weapon types are all locked, so from a non-fluff perspective, it also rather sucks

The room is great, and so is Synthesis. Those are major perks for me.

User stores... I dont even know how to use those yet. :(

I actually am finding six players to be a downside, a lot of the earlier stuff is so easily doable with 2-3, I think it would've been better off with four.

The art direction is a consistent; whoever PS's artist kicks ass.

I hate the menus though, dude. So so much, the entire UI and flow of the game drives me bonkers, it drove me less bonkers after I sunk a bit of time into Story Mode (I've probably put more time in Story than Online at the moment, heh) as it gained some context, but still. bleh.

I think the entire planet gig is unnessecary.

It just needs more content, and better pacing. The resources for story mode should have gone into network mode, and they shouldnt have locked shit, and they certainly should have kept PSO's UI and Challenge/Battle modes.

White Man

ivysaur12 said:
PSU is much faster than PSO ever was, especially if you get 4 players on there. Even 2 players on PSU, you can do stuff so much faster than you could in PSO. And what do you mean "heart" of the game? You mean a game that is just pure fun? I'm sure that's what most game designers strive to do, 2001 or 2006.

This is right out of the Nintendo nostalgic fanboy handbook.

And I will reiterate again: Where are the reviews? The game has been out for months in Japan and just about a full week here. Want to know why there are none? Because nostalgia-stricken reviewers know they're going to have to give this 6s and 7s.

The art direction is a consistent; whoever PS's artist is kicks ass.

Disagree. I think the art direction is weaker. For example, the city in PSO looks much better than the hubs in PSU. Subjective, yes, but hey, the 1up guys agree.

White Man

Nash said:
And who gives a toss what reviewers think?

Oh I forgot, we're on GAF.

Yes, because it's a good thing when reviews for a game haven't showed up after it's been available for nearly a week. See: Famitsu.

ivysaur12

Banned
White Man said:
This is right out of the Nintendo nostalgic fanboy handbook.

And I will reiterate again: Where are the reviews? The game has been out for months in Japan and just about a full week here. Want to know why there are none? Because nostalgia-stricken reviewers know they're going to have to give this 6s and 7s.

Disagree. I think the art direction is weaker. For example, the city in PSO looks much better than the hubs in PSU. Subjective, yes, but hey, the 1up guys agree.

So now I'm a nostalgic Nintendo fanboy? I think every company wants their games to be fun. But seriously though, nostalgic? Nintendo still makes the best games out there, no matter what generation, but this is not here or there.

1up sucks. And the city was a nice... but seriously, HAVE YOU BEEN TO OHTOKU CITY? Sure, it's über Japanese, but it's amazing looking. The Dojo? The forests? All of it is completely kick-ass. And the monsters look incredible.

White Man said:
Yes, because it's a good thing when reviews for a game haven't showed up after it's been available for nearly a week. See: Famitsu.

Because they're trying out the online mode so we don't have another Chromehounds situation? Yup, I hear you COMPLETELY.

Alex

White Man said:

I'd rate them about the same in terms of enviroments. I kind of miss the rampant variances of the stages though.

PSU is more subtle and Episode 2 like in it's stage design. PSO was like... classic video game bullshit with it's themes, it was great.

However, I do think the character and costume design is a lot better though. Would be even easier to praise if half of the crap wasnt locked.

White Man said:
I can't speak for anyone else, but I never had expectations that PSU would be a game that breaks a mold or edges off into some daring new direction. I expected it to be an expansion of PSO and a fun romp with folks I already know and some I might meet through the game. So far, it's meeting those expectations. There's something enjoyably zen about hacking through monsters on PSU. And I'm intrigued by the possibilities of item creation and the various room uses and customizations. Playing in groups with voice chat is incredibly, undeniably fun.

Innovation is one of the greatest aspects of gaming, yet there's something to be said for tried and true. People went back to countless iterations of Street Fighter II for a reason. So PSU isn't the RE4 of the PSO series. So what?

The combination of unrealistic expectations for PSU and how in vogue it is to detest Sega (I'll admit it's so, so easy to do) seem to add up to especially poisonous reactions to PSU. Too bad. Oh well; guess they can't all be Vice City Stories or God Hand.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
White Man said:

Ok, this is getting plain baffling now.

The 'city' in PSO was non-existent. Pioneer was tiny, and just a few rooms. In Episode II in changed into something that is close to the style of the Guardians Colony in PSU, but with a horrible counter-intuitive layout. It was one of the weakest elements of Episode I&II.

The Guardians Colony in PSU is a gorgeous bit of design, and the way the hubs on the planets fit in with that planet's style is a nice touch. And the layout of the Colony in PSU is much better.

I absolutely LOVED the art in PSO, I think it was one of the best bits of design in any game. Especially their use of colour etc. They pulled everything off perfectly. And this was one of my main concerns with PSU. As I didn't like some of the character designs, and the changes they'd made there. But so far I love the art in PSU, and everything seems more solid and real than PSO. The Relic site for instance is easily as nice as Ruins in PSO, probably nicer with the addition of changes in elevation.

I do need a waterfall to walk through into a hidden area at some point though :)

Alex

Mercury Fred said:
I can't speak for anyone else, but I never had expectations that PSU would be a game that breaks a mold or edges off into some daring new direction. I expected it to be an expansion of PSO and a fun romp with folks I already know and some I might meet through the game. So far, it's meeting those expectations. There's something enjoyably zen about hacking through monsters on PSU. And I'm intrigued by the possibilities of item creation and the various room uses and customizations. Playing in groups with voice chat is incredibly, undeniably fun.

Innovation is one of the greatest aspects of gaming, yet there's something to be said for tried and true. People went back to countless iterations of Street Fighter II for a reason. So PSU isn't the RE4 of the PSO series. So what?

The combination of unrealistic expectations for PSU and how in vogue it is to detest Sega (I'll admit it's so, so easy to do) seem to add up to especially poisonous reactions to PSU. Too bad. Oh well; guess they can't all be Vice City Stories or God Hand.

If PSU was just PSO with a ****ton of new levels, a synthesis system and new music/artwork, I'd have been a lot happier, myself.

So much content is locked or simply missing right now, that's the big problem. It makes it feel so cheap and empty with how the planet/mission system works

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Alex said:
If PSU was just PSO with a ****ton of new levels, a synthesis system and new music/artwork, I'd have been a lot happier, myself.

So much content is locked or simply missing right now, that's the big problem. It makes it feel so cheap and empty with how the planet/mission system works

And as someone else said, if it bothers you THIS much just put it in a cupboard and forget it exists for a month. Or maybe 2 months.

Or maybe a year if Sega are REALLY out to persecute you :)

ivysaur12

Banned
Alex said:

This is why you play with people you like. It makes it so much more fun. And I'm finding a lot to do. Actually, it's a little overwhelming. Maybe I'm just easily pleased?

Alex

I'm still going to play it and enjoy what is there.

Then I'll probably just play it in bursts between other games when updates come.

I am a sheep :(

I'm largely pissed NOW though because I wanted this to be my online game since Burning Crusade got delayed.

Top Bottom